The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flyers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

If the Sedins "get going" then that only solves issues with one line. That's it. And they're not going to magically get going now. It's done. 

They are second or third line players now. 

Which is why I said "Sedin - Sutter - Sedin off the 2nd or 3rd line."

Bo is great, but you can't just throw him into the wolves. Generally, the Sedins are the ones that get paired up with top dmen. They've lost that little extra umph that allowed them to get over that up. But they still have ability. When one line plays well, it takes pressure off. Also, if they played less minutes, maybe they would be able to do more on the PP and help the team get that going.

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Idiot Willie blaming the schedule 

"second game back is always the worse" are you serious? 

Well, it wasn't just the second of a back to back.  It was their 8th game in 13 days.  Think about that... it's more than 1 game every 2 days, most of it on the road.  They had every reason to pack it in but they didn't.  So props to the Nucks for that. The difference in this game was the 2 pp goals by the Flyers and none by the Canucks.  

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Yes, he is serious. The second game in a back to back is the harder of the two games to play. There for, what he said is utterly correct. Let me give you another example of how that word works; 

As a poster on these boards you are simply the worst. 

Meaning compared to other posters, you are not as good. I judge this on the last page alone you plaster troll post after troll post. Go outside and take a breather. 

When you go to the press and try to correlate irrelevant past history for an excuse for a loss you are delusional 

guess in your mind we should lock Willie up to a long term contract and bring back Vey?

Just now, yes we can nucks said:

Well, it wasn't just the second of a back to back.  It was their 8th game in 13 days.  Think about that... it's more than 1 game every 2 days, most of it on the road.  They had every reason to pack it in but they didn't.  So props to the Nucks for that. The difference in this game was the 2 pp goals by the Flyers and none by the Canucks.  

Yes special teams....which falls on the coach 

Just now, Mr.53 said:

Which is why I said "Sedin - Sutter - Sedin off the 2nd or 3rd line."

Bo is great, but you can't just throw him into the wolves. Generally, the Sedins are the ones that get paired up with top dmen. They've lost that little extra umph that allowed them to get over that up. But they still have ability. When one line plays well, it takes pressure off. Also, if they played less minutes, maybe they would be able to do more on the PP and help the team get that going.

You can throw Bo to the wolves because he's a &^@#ing ox and will crush the skulls of those wolves!

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Instead of your rose coloured opinion shall we stick to the facts? 

Fact - bust in 2 Canucks training camps

Fact - bust in the 2016 world juniors (where he was NOT surrounded by turds) in fact he was the turd with his selfish penalties and terrible play

Fact - bust in the NHL games he has played

fact - -8 and 11 points in 40 games in the AHL

shall we compare all that to Nylander or Ehlers?

i guess I should cut you some slack given you clearly have never played the game at any level not to mention you are clueless when it comes to evaluating talent 

Nylander and ehlers are no doubt better now, but Virtanen has potential to grind players down and also contribute. Sure Virtanen was taken a little too high but he will dominate all he needs is time. Leave him in the ahl till he's 22 and we'll have a potential hungry beast by the time he comes out 

2 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

man stfu 

can u go back in time and draft ehlers or nylander 

NO

so suck it up and move along "supporting players/prospects we have on this team"

I get it but he is just stating the obvious. Anyone can critique a draft a few years later. I don't hold the pick against him, I see the reasoning but let's be honest with ourselves here. He is plummeting. 

Archived