The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Harvard senior Alexander Kerfoot

Ossi Vaananen

11 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Makes more sense he goes to NYR.  They lost both Oscar Lindberg to the expansion draft and Derek Stepan to trade.  I would think there is an opening centre ice for Kerfoot, plus his college teammate Jimmy Vesey is far more enticing. 

Me guess he is going to NYR.

My thoughts too. NYR also only has 12 Fs signed right now so there's the lure of an open spot, where we'll have 16 guys competing for 13 spots once Bo's is signed so he has to compete harder for a spot with us. Thats what will turn him NYRs way imo. 

11 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

My thoughts too. NYR also only has 12 Fs signed right now so there's the lure of an open spot, where we'll have 16 guys competing for 13 spots once Bo's is signed so he has to compete harder for a spot with us. Thats what will turn him NYRs way imo. 

Love a confident player who thinks he can make the cut. The players he would have to by-pass are not really long term players for the Canucks. I suspect he is smart enough to realize he would have a shot. That said he has been back east for 4 years and might like it. Never ceases to amaze me how the NYR attract players. They have been pretty brutal through the Sather era on how they have treated players. 

17 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Love a confident player who thinks he can make the cut. The players he would have to by-pass are not really long term players for the Canucks. I suspect he is smart enough to realize he would have a shot. That said he has been back east for 4 years and might like it. Never ceases to amaze me how the NYR attract players. They have been pretty brutal through the Sather era on how they have treated players. 

I think you are correct in that the players we have now are not in the long term plan but the nucks are committed to them first and foremost and thus dont see how kerfoot would fit in. I agree with those that say NYR is the likely destination. 

52 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think you are correct in that the players we have now are not in the long term plan but the nucks are committed to them first and foremost and thus dont see how kerfoot would fit in. I agree with those that say NYR is the likely destination. 

It's tough to see where Kerfoot would fit in even next year. I think JB will likely bring the Sedins back for another year. So I don't imagine our group of centers will change too much over the course of the next 2 seasons. Which would leave guys like Kerfoot and Gaudette in Utica and maybe even Pettersson as well in a year. Although I think Pettersson is most likely to end up on the wing. But if I were Kerfoot, I'd probably be picking someone other than us. There's a huge difference between AHL and NHL salary. You'd assume he'd want to go where his chances of getting an NHL salary are highest. 

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

It's tough to see where Kerfoot would fit in even next year. I think JB will likely bring the Sedins back for another year. So I don't imagine our group of centers will change too much over the course of the next 2 seasons. Which would leave guys like Kerfoot and Gaudette in Utica and maybe even Pettersson as well in a year. Although I think Pettersson is most likely to end up on the wing. But if I were Kerfoot, I'd probably be picking someone other than us. There's a huge difference between AHL and NHL salary. You'd assume he'd want to go where his chances of getting an NHL salary are highest. 

Whether the Twins are resigned or not does make a big dif on where the young prospects end up playing next year. My hope is that Horvat establishes his line as the 1A and if that is the case and depending on how the Twins play perhaps the TOI resolves itself. IMO the Twins should not be resigned to a rebuilding team. 

12 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

If they can play they can play man. You'd turn down a Johnny gudreau right now? You can pick up a knuckle dragger like ferland to protect him anytime. 

A player like Ferland can also crush a player like Stetcher in 2 seconds, If and when he wants to.  ... guess you can always throw in another one to get crushed..

nothing like having those light frames on the IR for half a season,.

but hey, you got them signed.

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

A player like Ferland can also crush a player like Stetcher in 2 seconds, If and when he wants to.  ... guess you can always throw in another one to get crushed..

nothing like having those light frames on the IR for half a season,.

but hey, you got them signed.

Lol. So seriously don't want stetcher in the team. Got it. 

16 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Lol. So seriously don't want stetcher in the team. Got it. 

Nice spino drama on the topic 73P,  .   I was commenting about not adding Kerfoot because we don't need any more light frames..

Happy to have Stetcher.. sounds like you would be happy to ice a team of major midgets vs  NHL Men,.   I"ll leave you with your fantasy on that one.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Nice spino drama on the topic 73P,  .   I was commenting about not adding Kerfoot because we don't need any more light frames..

Happy to have Stetcher.. sounds like you would be happy to ice a team of major midgets vs  NHL Men,.   I"ll leave you with your fantasy on that one.

I'm happy to have hockey players that can score man. Clearly you are not.

I did like the spin o drama comment thought. Well played.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Considering the amount of goals we put up, I don't mind giving another guy a chance. 

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Doubtful that Kerfoot would make the team out of training camp anyway. He would be a huge addition to the Comets, a team that's desperate for offense. Also, the more competitive your farm team is, the better. I don't see how adding depth hurts the organization in anyway, regardless of Kerfoot's size. 

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

Doubtful that Kerfoot would make the team out of training camp anyway. He would be a huge addition to the Comets, a team that's desperate for offense. Also, the more competitive your farm team is, the better. I don't see how adding depth hurts the organization in anyway, regardless of Kerfoot's size. 

I'm not high on Kerfoot, but (admittedly) I really don't know a lot about him, other than he's older and smallish.  But maybe he feels he could beat out Chaput, Gaunce, and Bermistrov and grab that fourth line centre spot?  

Just now, Alflives said:

I'm not high on Kerfoot, but (admittedly) I really don't know a lot about him, other than he's older and smallish.  But maybe he feels he could beat out Chaput, Gaunce, and Bermistrov and grab that fourth line centre spot?  

I don't know too much about him, but from what I read, he is one of those guys that's not quite gritty or good enough defensively to be a 4th line centre in the NHL (yet). Unless he has a preseason like McCann did a couple of years ago, there's no way he makes the opening lineup. But I think he would thrive in a top 6 role in Utica. 

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

I don't know too much about him, but from what I read, he is one of those guys that's not quite gritty or good enough defensively to be a 4th line centre in the NHL (yet). Unless he has a preseason like McCann did a couple of years ago, there's no way he makes the opening lineup. But I think he would thrive in a top 6 role in Utica. 

Maybe the Rangers have less depth at centre, so he sees a better shot with them?

Archived