The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

1 hour ago, TGokou said:

After watching video highlights of Lind and Gadjovich, I just want to point out that we now have three goalscorers who are willing to go into the dirty areas to score goals. Dahlen, and the aforementioned two. I am super excited about this cause we have two snipers in Virtanen and Boeser forming some possible line combos.

Dahlen - Pettersson - Virtanen (Instant Chemistry with the swedes while Virtanen provides the grit. Also could benefit from having a strong playmaker in Pettersson)

Boeser - Horvat - Lind/Gadjovich (Boeser - Horvat would make a strong duo with defensive responsibility and either Lind or Gadjovich scoring those greasy goals)

I'm hoping the Canucks get away from players like Goldobin, who may fill a good temporary role, but just not sure if they can perform in the playoffs.

See who gels with dahlen-pettersson-Virtanen/Gadjovich and the odd man out goes to the third line as a banger that can chip in with Lind

I think Goldobin would work well with Boeser and Horvat. The later 2 are both responsible. Pretty much possible 1a and 1b lines. I think either line could score in bunches against oppositions second pairings. 

Looks like we just need that top-flight #1 ofd, which we should be able to address in next years draft, or potentially in trade but unlikely. 

Dahlen-Pettersson-Virtanen

Goldobin-Horvat-Boeser

Lind- Granlund-Gadjovich

Baerstchi-Guadette-Lockwood

Palmu

Juolevi-2018

Elder-Stecher

Hutton-Gudbranson

Brisebois

Demko

markstrom

dipietro

A lot of ifs and projections, but I like the looks. 

Edited by Cowichan Canuck

Id love to trade Sutter or put him on the wing next year so that Granlund can have an opportunity as a 3C. A Dahlen-Granlund-Goldobin line would be fun to see. In a couple years when the Sedins are gone along with most other vets Id like to see

Dahlen-Petterson-Boeser

Goldy-Horvat-Granlund

Virtanen-Gaudette-Lind/Eriksson

Labate-Chaput-Gadjovich

Juolevi-Stetcher

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pedan-2018

3 hours ago, TGokou said:

After watching video highlights of Lind and Gadjovich, I just want to point out that we now have three goalscorers who are willing to go into the dirty areas to score goals. Dahlen, and the aforementioned two. I am super excited about this cause we have two snipers in Virtanen and Boeser forming some possible line combos.

Virtanen isn't a sniper.

If anything he will end up being one of those guys who goes to the dirty areas to get goals.

• Upvote 1

The big question for the Canucks will be where Dahlen will fit best next season. Do they want him playing ahead of Pettersson and rush him into the NHL faster, or take his time and get him in around the same time as Elias?

One option is to send him to Utica to be a top-6 scorer, get used to the smaller ice rink and physicality, then have him in the NHL the following season (2020). He'll be away from Pettersson pretty much every step of the way though which defeats the purpose of drafting and trading for two team-mates with good chemistry because that's 2 years of prime development apart.

Another option is to send him back to the top SHL next year with Pettersson on the same line, then the following season get them both into the AHL and let them be called up to the main squad whenever a spot opens up for a respective winger or center.

As good as playing in the AHL next year for Dahlen would be, I think the right move would be to send him back with Pettersson to the SHL, then AHL the next year and then NHL the following year. It means Dahlen will be about 21 and Pettersson about 20 when he hits the NHL.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The big question for the Canucks will be where Dahlen will fit best next season. Do they want him playing ahead of Pettersson and rush him into the NHL faster, or take his time and get him in around the same time as Elias?

One option is to send him to Utica to be a top-6 scorer, get used to the smaller ice rink and physicality, then have him in the NHL the following season (2020). He'll be away from Pettersson pretty much every step of the way though which defeats the purpose of drafting and trading for two team-mates with good chemistry because that's 2 years of prime development apart.

Another option is to send him back to the top SHL next year with Pettersson on the same line, then the following season get them both into the AHL and let them be called up to the main squad whenever a spot opens up for a respective winger or center.

As good as playing in the AHL next year for Dahlen would be, I think the right move would be to send him back with Pettersson to the SHL, then AHL the next year and then NHL the following year. It means Dahlen will be about 21 and Pettersson about 20 when he hits the NHL.

Yes no need to rush them.

Lets see what they can do in the SHL together. They also could use this time to get bigger as well since they both are light.

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

[...]

I guess, Benning want they play together next season in Sweden and 2018/19 in the AHL together, if they aren't ready for the big League.

Maybe both get bigger through next season and could be ready for 2018/19, if not let them play in the AHL. B)

On 2017-2-27 at 2:18 PM, ken kaniff said:

Looks like JB is planning on drafting Petterson then

I called it.

Shoutout to Talon71 for the rep post or I would have totally forgot about this.

Edited by ken kaniff
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Dahlen and Petersson will both be on Vaxjo this upcoming season which is the highest tier in Sweden versus the second tier they played last year. The competition jump will be enough to test them, on a really good team like Vaxjo I expect very solid offensive numbers once again this coming season from both our prospects.

Likely not PPG numbers, but still respectable for top tier Sweden.

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Ya...good one....I think by the time the news of JB taking Makar and Pettersson out to dinner...most of us knew it was down to those 2 guys....JB has no poker face....

I called it as soon as we traded for Dahlen way before taking those 2 out for dinner. Read the date of my first post there.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, logic said:

Dahlen and Petersson will both be on Vaxjo this upcoming season which is the highest tier in Sweden versus the second tier they played last year. The competition jump will be enough to test them, on a really good team like Vaxjo I expect very solid offensive numbers once again this coming season from both our prospects.

Where will they be sitting in their lineup, if they have a good team will they be pretty low on the depth?

I'd imagine players like that are going to need top 6 mins. 

I think it's pretty cool when you have 2 prospects that are great friends and linemates, especially when they are highly skilled.

Doesn't always translate to the big leagues but it definitely doesn't hurt.

Nice to see him recognize it's going to take time and hard work, and that they need to get stronger.

Looking back at Dahlens draft year highlights he took a big step forward this year.

His speed and power to get by guys or to rebounds improved a lot. 

Hoping Pettersson can also take his game to the next level quickly too!

6 hours ago, logic said:

Based on what little I know of the SHL, anything close to what most would deem "respectable" in the SHL from a couple of young kids, one of whom will be 18 years old, would be absolutely spectacular.

12 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Definitely hoping Dahlen plays in Utica.  I'm sure it would be better for his development and we desperately need some skill down there, not to mention another player who is actually worth tracking.

I'm getting bored of tracking the Grenier's, Zalewski's and Darren Archibald"s of the world.  

Virtanen, Brisebois, Palmu, Dahlen please. 

And Boeser, Labate, Molino, MacEwen as well please