The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We signed a 27 year old Shore, and have Megna, and Skille hanging around.  I think we would all love to see these younger guys you mention, but I am a feared JB has other plans, which includes older "age gap" fillers.:(

He just turned 26....why do you always add an additional year to a player's age?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

We need bodies to help finish off the season and he will be auditioning for a 4th line role next season or a role in Utica.

What about the potential of signing a college UFA for that role, like this Aston-Reece kid?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What about the potential of signing a college UFA for that role, like this Aston-Reece kid?  

There is no guarantee he will sign with the Canucks nor do we know if he is ready for the NHL as opposed to the AHL.. If he is NHL ready there will be room for him as well.

21 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

There is no guarantee he will sign with the Canucks nor do we know if he is ready for the NHL as opposed to the AHL.. If he is NHL ready there will be room for him as well.

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If ZAR signs that just means we send Gunce or Goldy down to Utica. Or waive Megna

Edited by RetroCanuck
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Okay Shore is 26.  Is he a filler, or part of the Bo led next core?  

Think a few years ago he was a guy said that Florida would not part with to help get Lou? Circa time frame he was for sure on his way to Toronto...

He was a very well thought of prospect at one time. Production at lower levels as well. Is it a problem processing at NHL speed? Lifestyle or fitness issue??  The skills are there. 

For him it's an audition. Maybe in the past he thought he was going to be the scorer like he was in junior. And did not do all the smaller things that would have kept him in the big leagues. Till he found his scoring touch? If he plays with desperation. Demonstrates that he will battle for every role, for every puck as Burrows would say? He's just as likely to be in the NHL next year as Megna for example. Then its up to him, now its up to him, as to what he makes of this.

But its only a contract this year, for the moment.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Thanks for posting this.

LOL, love the untranslated caption;   PANG! Snacka om raka rör från Jonathan Dahlén! :lol:

Would make a great siggy line...  

I've never had a sig, mind if i take it?

3 hours ago, OfficeDonkey said:

Boeser seems to have been injured on and off this year.... i'd rather him recover and focus on a big summer of training and come to camp ready to earn a spot.

yeah, of course. i wasn't fully aware of his injuries, and to what extent. if he's good physically, then bring him on board. i wouldn't mind seeing what he can offer in the little games we have left. if he's not well, then let him rest, recover, and regain physical strength coming into camp ready to fight for a spot on the team. 

19 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

We need bodies to help finish off the season and he will be auditioning for a 4th line role next season or a role in Utica.

It's also likely that the Canucks will be a team with megna's, shores etc, while the boeser's, virtanen's etc will spend the year in Utica growing together.