The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

13 hours ago, Squamfan said:

he did not say anything about larsen but thats what a minute eater dman does. He plays a 5-6 role

What?

A...minute eating defenseman is a 5-6 defenseman?   No....no, a minute eating defenseman refers to a defenseman that capably eats 20+ minutes a game without issue or detriment to the team.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.  You make desi boy seem intelligent

You made a statement without proof, provocation and ad libbed.  Live up to it or back out and join the rest of the whiners in the Juolevi thread

This is about Dahlen, not your pathetic hate on for one of our best prospects.  Take your broken english and mumble off out of here.  

By the way, anyone know if Dahlen is eligible at all for Utica after his season/playoff season is over??

• Upvote 1

No more Juolevi talk in this thread, take it to his specific discussion thread.

I'm beyond excited to see Dahlen in the AHL, we should have quite a bit of talent heading there in the next few seasons.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, b3. said:

I'm beyond excited to see Dahlen in the AHL, we should have quite a bit of talent heading there in the next few seasons.

So...about Juole...*banned*

I liked the Dahlen trade a ton when it happened even though I was sad to see Burrows go. After the clinic he's been putting on for the last little bit, I'm stoked. I've heard comparisons to Camel-toe and Vrbata for the type of player Dahlen could be (Vrbata Prime, not the slug he was with us last year).

Hopefully both Goldobin and Dahlen pan out, that gives us two top six wingers potentially, throw Boeser in to the mix along with Horvat we got most of our top six ready to go (Just need that 2nd line center!...no I don't think Gaudette can fill that role).

2 minutes ago, Glory_Days said:

So...about Juole...*banned*

I liked the Dahlen trade a ton when it happened even though I was sad to see Burrows go. After the clinic he's been putting on for the last little bit, I'm stoked. I've heard comparisons to Camel-toe and Vrbata for the type of player Dahlen could be (Vrbata Prime, not the slug he was with us last year).

Hopefully both Goldobin and Dahlen pan out, that gives us two top six wingers potentially, throw Boeser in to the mix along with Horvat we got most of our top six ready to go (Just need that 2nd line center!...no I don't think Gaudette can fill that role).

I think we have that #2 center in Bo, as good as Bo is i think he will be a poor mans #1 center.

22 minutes ago, b3. said:

So, you think he'll be heading there after his season is done?

This may come as comfort to some of the whiners but Dahlen plays a very similar goal scoring game to Tkachuk. Dahlen always drives and has great hands in tight to go along with a great shot and release. Obviously JD doesn't scrap or play the body as much but I think he has the potential to be a great fit for the role he can provide. 

Edited by Camel Toe Drag
Spelling

1 hour ago, CanuckinEdm said:

I think we have that #2 center in Bo, as good as Bo is i think he will be a poor mans #1 center.

Dahlen could be Bo's next RW....

Bo is a poor man's #1 center now...he has more points than the Sedins and is playing roughly the same minutes for months now.

Bo is 21....think about that.....3 years from now with his trajectory Bo will be a top 10 ,  #1C , scoring in the top 20 and shutting down other teams center's, penalty killing, bringing the puck into the zone on the PP and ,,,,by then he will be captain to boot....

If Boeser, Dahlen, Goldy or Gaudette can find some chemistry with Baer and Bo....I think Bo could actually be in the top 10 for scoring and be in the running for the Seilke.

Chances are pretty good that one of those guys can gel with them....they can all roof the puck with speed and they can all pass the puck with stealth....

The future is bright and Gaudette could very well be our next 2nd line C. year after next or so...maybe 2 more....

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Bo is a poor man's #1 center now...he has more points than the Sedins and is playing roughly the same minutes for months now.

Bo is 21....think about that.....3 years from now with his trajectory Bo will be a top 10 ,  #1C , scoring in the top 20 and shutting down other teams center's, penalty killing, bringing the puck into the zone on the PP and ,,,,by then he will be captain to boot....

If Boeser, Dahlen, Goldy or Gaudette can find some chemistry with Baer and Bo....I think Bo could actually be in the top 10 for scoring and be in the running for the Seilke.

Chances are pretty good that one of those guys can gel with them....they can all roof the puck with speed and they can all pass the puck with stealth....

The future is bright and Gaudette could very well be our next 2nd line C. year after next or so...maybe 2 more....

Just because Bo is trending upwards doesn't mean he will continue to get more and more points but i hope this is the case. I think he will be similar to Kesler in terms of points ect. an elite 2nd line center/bottom half of the league 1st line center. If you go back to our 2011 team our centermen were ELITE (Sedin 94points, Kesler 73points, Malholtra 30) if we want to get back to the Cup finals we need similar production that's why i don't think Bo is our #1 center.  

5 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Just because Bo is trending upwards doesn't mean he will continue to get more and more points but i hope this is the case. I think he will be similar to Kesler in terms of points ect. an elite 2nd line center/bottom half of the league 1st line center. If you go back to our 2011 team our centermen were ELITE (Sedin 94points, Kesler 73points, Malholtra 30) if we want to get back to the Cup finals we need similar production that's why i don't think Bo is our #1 center.  

RDF hasn't been wrong yet.  "Just watch"... ;)

3 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Not many teams have that elite, true, undisputed #1 center. Maybe half the teams in the league have that. Bergeron isn't a #1 center by any means if you just look at his point production, Toews also skirts around that undisputed #1 center status just based on production alone.

I'm not saying, nor do I think many people on here are, that Horvat is going to be that ppg or near ppg player. I see a complete, 200 foot player, can score goals, set players up, plays all the big minutes for us (1st unit pp, 1st unit pk) and can shut down the opposition when needed. Will he be as good as Toews/Kopitar/Bergeron...I doubt it, I sincerely hope so, but I think that's lofty as f*** to expect that from him.

Look at the game he already plays as a 21 year old though, look at the points he is putting up, look at his linemates and the mess that our pp is. Give him a legit sniper on his wing, let our D develop and grow more and hopefully one of them can be a true QB for the PP.

Not the least bit unrealistic to think Horvat can be a consistent 65+ point 1st line center.

Edited by Glory_Days

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

20 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

So there is some data on this that you may be interested in. It's a bit old, but still applies. As you can see most NHL players peek around age 23. The better players actually peek faster. For reference Granlund and Baertschi are probably going to produce at similar numbers to this year for the next 5 years. Boucher's make or break year is next year, whatever his production is will be fairly consistent through his 20's.

Horvat should still get a bit better offensively for the next 2 years.

58cb111f65a8e_Screenshot2017-03-1623_26_13.thumb.png.6b0470dc90f750002d0afe8c15efb4cf.png

58cb107c7806b_Screenshot2017-03-1623_23_12.thumb.png.d673d66174d0510e33c886eba3affde2.png

58cb100565d09_Screenshot2017-03-1623_21_40.thumb.png.f3bd884391175ac9cfd3ce6ab4536227.png
58cb0ed4930cf_Screenshot2017-03-1623_15_54.thumb.png.013e3763cd28b95174af68d404c51512.png

Edited by Derp...
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Mr53 said:

Watching highlights of his goals one thing stands out to me. He scores a lot of goals being within 10-15 feet of the net, and I love that. We need that guy who can get us quality shots in-tight, I'm kind of sick of seeing our guys take perimeter shots.

Those are the type of goals that will translate to the NHL. That's why I think he"ll be a 20+ goal scorer in the NHL

My 2 cents on the last couple pages -

I keep seeing Martin Gelinas as a model for Dahlen. 5-11, 195 in his prime. 63 goals in first yr of junior. (Involved in Gretzky trade.) Formed kid line with Joe Murphy, Adam Graves. Won Stanley Cup on first try. 4 times Cup Finalist with 4 different teams - Oilers, Canucks, Canes, Flames. Scored 3 series-winning goals in 2004. Great corner man (like Dahlen's old man), scored most of his goals close to the net. Topped out with 30 and 35 goal seasons with the Nucks.

Horvat at 21 better than Sedins at 21, although I don't see an Art Ross or NHL top 20 scoring in him, Maybe consistent 50-65 pt years with occasional 2017 Kopitar-like year.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jonathan Dahlen with 1 assist today. He now has 5 points (4 goals and 1 assist) in 2 playoff games.

kid seems to be performing well under playoff pressure. only bodes well as he eventually makes his move to north america...