The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

9 hours ago, Kushman said:

Pretty much sums it up.

Canucks were God awful in the first period, has like 2 shots for almost the entire period... Goldobin got a few shifts with Petey, made a couple decent defensive plays (broke up one long possession cycle against us in particular) and then got moved onto another line and pretty much stapled to the bench after that. 

And now he will be blamed for them falling apart in 3rd

Green needs to use the players on the bench if they dress.  Throwing guys like Edler and Benn out there for big minutes is not the answer.  Edler gets slower as the game goes on.  Petterson could be benched for a shift or two as well when he makes bonehead plays.  Green needs to look at his overall approach to games and stop just playing his so called stars. 

23 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

And now he will be blamed for them falling apart in 3rd

Green needs someone to be able to say is not working out/playing a complete game and send back down to try to hide/mask the abysmal coaching decisions. 

Not that goldy is a complete player yet but he sure has the skill and it will probably take a bit longer to accurately judge, however I dont see the coaching staff giving him that much time.

46 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Goldy was mediocre at best in the Pens game. But it was only his first game back in the NHL. He won't have much leeway to show he is better though so he better pick it up real quick if he wants to stay.

I think he deserves a chance elsewhere tbh.  Green doesn't play him much. Need a coach that takes a chance on him I think. 

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Goldy was mediocre at best in the Pens game. But it was only his first game back in the NHL. He won't have much leeway to show he is better though so he better pick it up real quick if he wants to stay.

Leeway? Green? Lol. Maybe if you are 30 year or old he might

• Wat 1

12 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

I think he deserves a chance elsewhere tbh.  Green doesn't play him much. Need a coach that takes a chance on him I think. 

I agree, which is really too bad. The guy has good offensive skill, can skate really well, has a good shot. I thought he was one of the better Canucks players during the 1st against PIT, when the rest of the team (aside from Demko) sucked in that period. But then Green demotes him to the 4th line and eventually benches him. How did that work out for you Travis? Oh yeah, the Canucks allowed 5 goals in the 3rd and lost. Not saying it was because of Goldobin not playing, but assuming he was the problem, is a problem.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree, which is really too bad. The guy has good offensive skill, can skate really well, has a good shot. I thought he was one of the better Canucks players during the 1st against PIT, when the rest of the team (aside from Demko) sucked in that period. But then Green demotes him to the 4th line and eventually benches him. How did that work out for you Travis? Oh yeah, the Canucks allowed 5 goals in the 3rd and lost. Not saying it was because of Goldobin not playing, but assuming he was the problem, is a problem.

Really? I did not see him do anything or create anything.

1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

He was hard on pucks, had takeaways, a solid hit, a big blocked shot, and yet Schaller plays like crap and is on the 3rd line.

Schaller is playing like crap because he should be on the 4th line, where he is a solid player.

16 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Not as many as Bo.

What a terrible captain we have....

/s

Yeah, that guy is just stealing points from our goal scorers. He is totally never involved in the play. All he does is win faceoffs and that's it. /sarc

• Haha 1