The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Blackhawks fire asst coach Mike Kitchen

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

But he would have cost us  an arm and a leg 5-6 Million per?. And this team isn't going anywhere soon playoff wise. Green and a mini tank will do.

I'm not saying that Quenneville is going anywhere or he would be interested in Vancouver if he does. However, last time I checked, coaches salaries don't count against the cap. Aqua-man would be the type of owner to throw all the money Quenneville's way if he thought it would get him to sign in Vancouver.

30 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm not saying that Quenneville is going anywhere or he would be interested in Vancouver if he does. However, last time I checked, coaches salaries don't count against the cap. Aqua-man would be the type of owner to throw all the money Quenneville's way if he thought it would get him to sign in Vancouver.

Nothing against Coach Q at all,  but our team will be 'up on blocks' for the next 2 years at least. Why hire Mario Andretti when the test driver will do? for the next  2 years saving 10 million towards our next ace coach.

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

But he would have cost us  an arm and a leg 5-6 Million per?. And this team isn't going anywhere soon playoff wise. Green and a mini tank will do.

I don't think a coach who's never coached in the NHL should be the next Canucks head coach. I'd be looking for someone with experience.

2 hours ago, Jaku said:

I don't think a coach who's never coached in the NHL should be the next Canucks head coach. I'd be looking for someone with experience.

I'm saying we don't need the highest profile coach. What about Jarvis for a year as interim coach (1-2 million) then bring in a big name NHL coach. I think a Sutter/ Hitchcock type of coach is overkill for this rag tag bunch of rookies and 2 worn out Sedin's.

ps might get lucky with a Jarvis type too.

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm saying we don't need the highest profile coach. What about Jarvis for a year as interim coach (1-2 million) then bring in a big name NHL coach. I think a Sutter/ Hitchcock type of coach is overkill for this rag tag bunch of rookies and 2 worn out Sedin's.

ps might get lucky with a Jarvis type too.

I understand that, but I think it would be very good for the young guys to have an experienced coach. But it looks like I was wrong anyways. 

On Mon Apr 24 2017 at 10:50 AM, wallstreetamigo said:

To see him get hired somewhere else would be even worse though. Because unless they back up the brinks truck and dump a boatload of cash on his front lawn he wouldn't come here. Even then he probably wouldn't want this job.

Vancouver is a much nicer place than that dumpster Chicago. 

Aquaman has the money to back up a potential 5 year 50 mill deal so I see no reason why we couldn't have him if he was available. Same as the Babcock deal. 

18 minutes ago, apollo said:

Vancouver is a much nicer place than that dumpster Chicago. 

Aquaman has the money to back up a potential 5 year 50 mill deal so I see no reason why we couldn't have him if he was available. Same as the Babcock deal. 

Still can't figure out if you are always trolling or you really believe in sh....t that you post.

On 4/24/2017 at 8:03 PM, Warhippy said:

Kitchen has been with the org since 2010.  3 cups.  Was the architect for some of the best PP and PK seasons the Hawks have ever had.

He'd be someone to seriously consider taking on in an Assistant role.  We still have a position or two that needs to be cleaned up after this season

2 cups.

Archived