The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Vancouver Sports Bar angers Canucks fans

cuporbust

Vancouver sports bar Oilers support   

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been in the Pint several times, not a bad bar but it's a bit weird to see them give ONE YEAR free wings to Oilers fans in a Vancouver Canucks city.  I don't remember Canucks fans getting that kind of giveaway from the Pint?

I wouldn't care if it was free wings just for the playoffs period.

It's been so long since the Cup stayed in Canada it's hard not to root for any team still alive that could bring it back where it belongs.  Not including its resting place in the HHOF of course, or the replica that stands gaurd for fans selfies.  Huge overreaction IMO.  Now if they said free wings for ANA fans that's worth a solid beating.

18 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

There aren't enough Ottawa fans to sell out their own rink in the playoffs.

its too bad... but like there there are a bunch of weird things in the area that work against filling the building, different ones there tho, mostly i think due to where they stupidly placed the arena. If you ever drive to Ottawa you see the rink about 1/2 hour out of town, no kidding people are reluctant to go. 

19 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

its too bad... but like there there are a bunch of weird things in the area that work against filling the building, different ones there tho, mostly i think due to where they stupidly placed the arena. If you ever drive to Ottawa you see the rink about 1/2 hour out of town, no kidding people are reluctant to go. 

I'll buy that excuse for regular season games.  First time in 2nd round since when?  A cindarella run with one of the most exciting players in the NHL leading your team.  I think that's worth a half hour drive.  I live in the middle of nowhere and a lot of Canuck fans would fly to Vancouver to watch games (when the team was good).

23 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

I'll buy that excuse for regular season games.  First time in 2nd round since when?  A cindarella run with one of the most exciting players in the NHL leading your team.  I think that's worth a half hour drive.  I live in the middle of nowhere and a lot of Canuck fans would fly to Vancouver to watch games (when the team was good).

good point... i'm just glad it wasn't us. 

What a bunch of whiners.

Facts:

- Our team sucks.

- The Oilers have a young solid core for the next decade.

Get over it, they went through their pain and suffering and they deserve to feel welcome in Vancouver.

Of course I enjoy the rivalry, but I enjoy hockey more than being a bitter fan.

I don't blame them you woukd be surprised how many people you run in to on a daily basis who are not even born here and came from Alberta or "out East" from work and kept their sports loyalty.

How else do you explain all the closet Habs,Leafs, Oilers fans who dress up as visitors while living in Vancouver that come out of the woodwork any time a major NHL team with some history comes to town.

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I don't blame them you woukd be surprised how many people you run in to on a daily basis who are not even born here and came from Alberta or "out East" from work and kept their sports loyalty.

How else do you explain all the closet Habs,Leafs, Oilers fans who dress up as visitors while living in Vancouver that come out of the woodwork any time a major NHL team with some history comes to town.

What are you talking about?

I mean, like, I never, like wear my Price jersey when the Habs are like, in town... :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Baggins said:

And Tear in my Beer Tuesdays?

And Lottery Wednesdays, where people get in line for a chance to win a free beer with the odds in favor of those who arrive earlier and are ahead in line. But an Oiler fan would somehow end up winning 3 free beers in a row, and as if that wasn't enough, they'd get another free gallon of premium beer on top of that... and once everyone starts complaining about how stupid the system is and one person shouldn't be able to win so many free beers, the dumb bar owner makes a quick reactionary change to just let anyone who just got in to the line get free beers even if there are people waiting ahead of them. Who cares about a fair system, as long as there is drama!

Archived