The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (A2) Ottawa Senators | Penguins win series 4-3

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 3  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Senators in 4
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

Schedule:

Saturday, May 13, 7pm: Senators @ Penguins | NBC, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports

Monday, May 15, 8pm: Senators @ Penguins | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Wednesday, May 17, 8pm: Penguins @ Senators | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Friday, May 19, 8pm: Penguins @ Senators | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Sunday, May 21, 3pm: Senators @ Penguins | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

*Tuesday, May 23, 8pm: Penguins @ Senators | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Thursday, May 25, 8pm: Senators @ Penguins | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Sens in 7. The storybook season doesn't end for the Sens just yet! I just have this instinct the Sens will be the ones to advance to the finals. As we've seen the Sens these playoffs have had a knack for theatrics so why not top this chapter off with a Game 7 win?

As for the Pens, Sid obviously suffered a concussion and everything that comes with that but this time it will affect them for a full series. I also feel the Pens have had the easier route to the Conference finals. The Bluejackets were pushovers and a slightly more competent/playing closer to their potential Caps team could have put the Pens away, PARTICULARLY after they went dirty against Sid; but alas showed themselves to be the usual playoff chokers. Also, I'm a little tired of seeing the Pens have so much playoff success and it would be refreshing to see a team that hasn't made the finals in a while to be there instead. 

55 minutes ago, Bure1994Mclean said:

Sens in 7. The storybook season doesn't end for the Sens just yet! I just have this instinct the Sens will be the ones to advance to the finals. As we've seen the Sens these playoffs have had a knack for theatrics so why not top this chapter off with a Game 7 win?

As for the Pens, Sid obviously suffered a concussion and everything that comes with that but this time it will affect them for a full series. I also feel the Pens have had the easier route to the Conference finals. The Bluejackets were pushovers and a slightly more competent/playing closer to their potential Caps team could have put the Pens away, PARTICULARLY after they went dirty against Sid; but alas showed themselves to be the usual playoff chokers. Also, I'm a little tired of seeing the Pens have so much playoff success and it would be refreshing to see a team that hasn't made the finals in a while to be there instead. 

I don't get it, what is it that the Pens or Hawks have that the Sharks, Caps and 08-13 Canucks don't?

They met three times this season with the Sens going 2-1-0 and Pens 1-1-1. I am hoping for a continuation of that trend with the Sens winning in 6. It should a pretty entertaining series much like the against the Rangers - high scoring tilts. The Pens are the one team I do not want advancing this round as I would prefer a new team to win the cup.

Go Sens!

Sens in 6. Burr will light it up and score 2 OT winners to help the Sens stave these Pens off. EK will outperform Schultz and the Sens are just an overall much harder working team than the Pens who've been great but not spectacular. Go SenaBurrs Go!

Archived