The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Class Action Lawsuit Planned Against BC Place for Friday's U2 Snafu

I had a similar experience with BC Place in March 2016. I got my Dad tickets for the CONCAF qualifier vs. Mexico. Anyways, I ened up going with him, but was shocked at how long it took to get in. We missed the first 10 minutes of the game, and were probably outside, trying to get in for a good 40 minutes prior to that. 

BC Place didn't have their sh*t together, and still don't. 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I don't know, I've had the water in Winnipeg.  Granted I'm sure it's safe but it tastes like dirt.  A Slurpee wouldn't even cover the dirt wang...my sister and I called them Dirtplee's.

:lol:

3 hours ago, BoesersFlow said:

Born and raised in Moncton.. Our water has a beautiful brownish hue to it.. Not sure what your issue is!

yah i spent part of my youth in Regina.... i feel your pain my friend. 

12 hours ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

I heard that they were mostly targeting non-whites from entering the arena. So racist!

From what I see of the coverage on TV, I did not see too many non-whites in the crowd.   Almost all of  the people were white.

Seems to be not too many U2 fans from ethnics.

12 hours ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

I heard that they were mostly targeting non-whites from entering the arena. So racist!

You're the guy in the Subban thread that turns everything into a racial thing, right?

IMHO, you're a race baiter and should be banned from posting on this site.

Race relations is a serious issue but only when it is an issue. You incorrectly inserting the topic into conversations where it doesn't belong just hurts the rest of us in society.

I went to the show.  Complete gong show to try and get in.  Ticket policy is a joke. If you paid by Credit Card online you were forced to either use your credit card as a ticket, which had to be scanned at the door.  Or you were stuck picking up tickets at will call.  Will call had 5 windows open.  It took over 5 minutes from the time I got to the window to the time I had my tickets in my hand. 

I've used will call at a few venues, usually a minute or so. While standing in line I noticed many having issues getting their tickets. From what I've hear they only had 4 of the 8 gates open and one was used exclusively for floor access. They didn't even have all the doors open at the gates that were being used. No one from BC place was out directing people where to go. The credit card scanners went down multiple times and were glitchy at best.  The lines stalled for 5-10 minutes at a time. Finally got in during Mumford & Sons last song at about 8:20.  From what I've heard they only planned on playing for 30 minutes but play almost an hour since so many people were left out side.

It's funny. At one point outside I looked at my GF and said "F this, we should just leave".  We really should have.  U2 didn't take the stage till about 9:25 since BC Place still didn't have everyone inside.  From what I've heard, they abandoned searching people and scanning card just let everyone flood in.

I was back in my car at 11:25. U2 played for about an hour and 45 minutes with a long break for their encore of 2 songs.  Except for a couple songs there was very little energy and Bono decided to turn the show into a political stand against Trump and America.  Fell flat and people started leaving. Well people started leaving before that but even more started leaving.  Made sure to bring up the Syrian refugee camps and singled out one girl for a song and even had a flag passed around the arena in the crowd of her face.

This one goes in my bottom 3 for concerts and I've easily been to over a 100. As far as getting into a concert, the worst.

Will look into the lawsuit but I don't see it gaining any traction.

8 hours ago, theminister said:

You're the guy in the Subban thread that turns everything into a racial thing, right?

IMHO, you're a race baiter and should be banned from posting on this site.

Race relations is a serious issue but only when it is an issue. You incorrectly inserting the topic into conversations where it doesn't belong just hurts the rest of us in society.

Just saying what my friend told me in passing. 

And no I actually hate talking about race. But sometimes it needs to be said. 

17 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

I was back in my car at 11:25. U2 played for about an hour and 45 minutes with a long break for their encore of 2 songs.  Except for a couple songs there was very little energy and Bono decided to turn the show into a political stand against Trump and America.  Fell flat and people started leaving. Well people started leaving before that but even more started leaving.  Made sure to bring up the Syrian refugee camps and singled out one girl for a song and even had a flag passed around the arena in the crowd of her face.

This one goes in my bottom 3 for concerts and I've easily been to over a 100. As far as getting into a concert, the worst.

How much did you pay for your tickets?   A less than 2 hours show seems a bit short.   I rarely even go to concerts but I went to a Bruce Springsteen concert once  and it was like 3 hours.  Even the PNE concerts are like 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours long.

As for U2, could not figure out why they are considered one of the "Greatest Band of All Time"..

13 minutes ago, DonLever said:

How much did you pay for your tickets?   A less than 2 hours show seems a bit short.   I rarely even go to concerts but I went to a Bruce Springsteen concert once  and it was like 3 hours.  Even the PNE concerts are like 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours long.

As for U2, could not figure out why they are considered one of the "Greatest Band of All Time"..

WTF, by who?

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎13 at 6:35 PM, Monty said:

Was going to post something similar.

But I'm the type of person who thinks people paying for bottled water to be delivered to their doors is absolutely insane in North America when you have perfectly clean water that you are already paying for.

So...you're a dad, then.

6 hours ago, DonLever said:

All in, I paid over $600 for 2 tickets.  I was expecting them to at least hit the 2 hour mark. However the going trend seems to be shorter set lists.  It wasn't just the time though, it was the energy behind it.  It just wasn't there. 

As for the last part.  They have made some great songs.  I've seen some live performances, many are over the top exciting.  Their stage shows have been over the top many times.  This concert it was just a huge video screen behind them and little more.

It reminded me of one of those tours where the band just goes through the motions and cashes in.  Though I know some people who really enjoyed it.  I was already in a crap mood when they took the stage.  So my view of the show could be a little jaded.

On 5/13/2017 at 8:17 PM, RRypien37 said:

Depending on where you live, tap water isn't all that great in NA. Most of the US has fluoridated tap water which can have very negative impacts on long term health. 

Shiet after being raised on Vancouver Island then residing in Whistler I don't enjoy drinking tap water even in Vancouver...it tastes like $&!#.  It is $6 a container for bottled water at work...can't imagine it is too much more in most cities.  Worth the expense for tasty and clean water. 

Archived