The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] UPDATED Leafs sign Andreas Borgman and Calle Rosen

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Clearly this is making a way for a trade with Toronto for Travis Dermott. ;)

i'm joking, but i also don't care that much tbh. If Borgman had OJ's ceiling I'd be surprised, it would have been nice depth but he's not going to solve our PP which is where we really need help. 

Also our LHD is insanely deep atm..Edler / Hutton / Sbisa / Juolevi / McEneny / Brisebois / Pedan

That's not deep - for the NHL!  In fact, compared to NHL teams, that's pretty god-awful actually.

We don't have a single d-man who's ranked in the NHL's top-60.

Not one.  Which means that our top-pairing consists of ______ and ______.  Yes, our defense is so bad that we don't even have a top-pairing.  Now, that would be terrible by itself, but it becomes unbelievable when you realize that we don't have a top-line of forwards either (nor a top goalie)!

A tiny rookie defenseman catapulted his way onto the top-pairing in only 10 or 20 games on our team.  That sort of thing DOES NOT happen if your defense is 'insanely deep.'  That happens when your defense is AHL-caliber...

7 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

That's not deep - for the NHL!  In fact, compared to NHL teams, that's pretty god-awful actually.

We don't have a single d-man who's ranked in the NHL's top-60.

Not one.  Which means that our top-pairing consists of ______ and ______.  Yes, our defense is so bad that we don't even have a top-pairing.  Now, that would be terrible by itself, but it becomes unbelievable when you realize that we don't have a top-line of forwards either (nor a top goalie)!

A tiny rookie defenseman catapulted his way onto the top-pairing in only 10 or 20 games on our team.  That sort of thing DOES NOT happen if your defense is 'insanely deep.'  That happens when your defense is AHL-caliber...

I had to laughed at this entire post. So very sad and very true at the same time. I can feel the warm tears of both laughter and despair trickling down my face.

30 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

That happens when your defense is AHL-caliber...

We're rebuilding. An AHL D is exactly what we should have :lol:

24 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

So does this mean the Tanev to TO trade rumours are off?

Borgman's nice depth...and who knows, could one day be a top 4 D. But he's a lefty and he's not currently a top 4 D. Toronto still needs a top 4 (and likely right side) D. 

37 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

That's a pretty skewed point-of-view to use as your basis. For example, Vlasic also wasn't on that list.

I read an article last week that said Tanev is in the Top 5 defensemen in the league and the very best defensive defenceman in the league.

I'll call that one BS if you do the same with yours.

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

We're rebuilding. An AHL D is exactly what we should have :lol:

Borgman's nice depth...and who knows, could one day be a top 4 D. But he's a lefty and he's not currently a top 4 D. Toronto still needs a top 4 (and likely right side) D. 

So Tanev to TO for Nylander is still on then. Pull the trigger JB...

Leafs will win the cup long before Vancouver. Aggressive signings in line with a solid plan, something Vancouver should copy.

Example, JB is working on POSSIBLY resigning Granpa Miller, while we have a 4 Million $ back up?

Can't see the fan base staying patient very long with this management team.

18 minutes ago, lumberman said:

Leafs will win the cup long before Vancouver. Aggressive signings in line with a solid plan, something Vancouver should copy.

Example, JB is working on POSSIBLY resigning Granpa Miller, while we have a 4 Million $ back up?

Cool go cheer for them then.

Btw what would you do with our goaltending situation genius? 

32 minutes ago, lumberman said:

Hate the Leafs.  They gave the keys to their young forwards, and it will cost them.  They weren't patient enough.  

Archived