The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Devils GM Ray Shero is receiving calls on #1 pick.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Kesler and Henrik weren't supposed to have the ceilings that Kes and Herik had either

Yeah and Pavel Datyuk got passed over 170 times in the draft. Stuff like that happens, but the default assumption isn't "other players did better than expected, so these guys will as well".  That's the whole point of a ceiling. A most likely outcome.

58 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Kes was the best shutdown centerman in the league at one point while Henrik was the best point-producing centerman at one point.  Horvat may eclipse Kes offensively but Kes managed to score 41 goals while also winning the Selke. Overall the duo of Hank and Kes were unstoppable (until Kes had to play on one leg in the playoffs lol).  Anyways, you don't "make up" for 112 points with defensive play.  Glass is gonna be good, but there his ceiling isn't close to vintage Henrik. Bo and Kes are closer, but 40 goals and a Selke is gonna be tough for Bo to match.

Then again, Kesler only scored 40 goals once, and that was the only time he's ever scored more than 26.  He first hit 20 in his third season, same as Bo.

6 hours ago, teepain said:

Maybe hutton + 33rd + grenier for 3rd . Tempting

If I had the 3rd OA it would take more than this to get me interested, but who know, maybe Dallas bites.

regards,  G.

Just take the 5th pick. There's going to be an excellent play there. Any one of Vilardi, Glass, Mittlestadt or Liljigren would be fine with me. I'm more for trying to get another pick in the middle of the first to grab Hague. Carolina might dance to get a Tanev, or Stetcher. Winnipeg could be another interesting landing spot for Tanev. 

VAN

1st Overall '17

NJ

Tanev

Baertschi

2nd CBJ '17

Draft Patrick (1) and Glass (5)

GOLDOBIN - PATRICK - BOESER

GLASS - HORVAT - SUTTER

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - ERIKSSON

BOUCHER - GAUNCE - DORSETT

EDLER - STETCHER

HUTTON  - GUDBRANSON

SBISA - JUOLEVI

MILLER

MARKSTROM

22 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Kes was the best shutdown centerman in the league at one point while Henrik was the best point-producing centerman at one point.  Horvat may eclipse Kes offensively but Kes managed to score 41 goals while also winning the Selke. Overall the duo of Hank and Kes were unstoppable (until Kes had to play on one leg in the playoffs lol).  Anyways, you don't "make up" for 112 points with defensive play.  Glass is gonna be good, but there his ceiling isn't close to vintage Henrik. Bo and Kes are closer, but 40 goals and a Selke is gonna be tough for Bo to match.

Glass is better than Ryan Johansen was at the same age. Lots of promise. 

Let's say we pick Glass and get Rasmus Dahlin next year, Glass won't be as good as Henrik in his prime and Bo might not be as good as Kesler was in his prime but 

a) we'll have more depth throughout the lineup

b We'll have a better shooter at centre in Glass then Henrik ever was

C) Much more grit then the 2011 team 

D) A more consistent Stanley Cup Contender and longer window then the 2011 team 

On 5/30/2017 at 8:33 AM, Adarsh Sant said:

Horvat and Glass don't have ceilings anywhere near what Kes and Henrik were.....

On 5/30/2017 at 7:23 PM, morrissex95 said:

Actually, they do. They won't score 113 points in a season but Glass certainly makes up for that with his defensive play. I think Horvat will be better offensively then Kesler very soon. 

41 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Glass won't be as good as Henrik in his prime and Bo might not be as good as Kesler was in his prime 

So which is it

4 hours ago, Me_ said:

VAN

1st Overall '17

NJ

Tanev

Baertschi

2nd CBJ '17

Draft Patrick (1) and Glass (5)

GOLDOBIN - PATRICK - BOESER

GLASS - HORVAT - SUTTER

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - ERIKSSON

BOUCHER - GAUNCE - DORSETT

EDLER - STETCHER

HUTTON  - GUDBRANSON

SBISA - JUOLEVI

MILLER

MARKSTROM

2 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

they wont take that but good effort lol

Possibly if you give them 33rd

18 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

So which is it

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Glass and Horvat may not pan out as well as Hank and Kesler, but they'll come close. That's what I meant to say with the second post.

In the future, please do not nitpick my posts. We're not in court, this isn't a cross-examination. 

15 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Glass and Horvat may not pan out as well as Hank and Kesler, but they'll come close. That's what I meant to say with the second post.

In the future, please do not nitpick my posts. We're not in court, this isn't a cross-examination. 

You said it, therefore you should be held accountable.

It's hard to have a conversation when you literally contradict yourself with successive posts. 

29 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

You said it, therefore you should be held accountable.

It's hard to have a conversation when you literally contradict yourself with successive posts. 

How about you read the post I wrote about Glass being better than Ryan Johansen was at the same age.

Maybe I was contradicting myself a little bit, but I find it's impossible to have a conversation with someone who is constantly looking for an argument, which is exactly what you're doing. 

On 5/29/2017 at 7:06 PM, goblix said:

:bigblush:

1st overall picks are overpriced! They are the belle of the ball come draft day. 

I could see us moving 5th overall and maybe another later pick for 1st overall and the right for NJ to swap picks with us next year. 

Archived