The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Benning wants to move up in 2017 draft (per LeBrun)

I use to like Friedman now he's just another worthless  eklund.

But if he Keeps  throwing --it at the wall sooner or later something's bound to stick. Kinda like a weatherman. 

He should never be on the side for the panel he has to have the worst profile in hockey reminds me of the muppets in the upper balcony.  

7 minutes ago, Derp... said:

If it actually was Hutton +5th +55th for first overall I would do that trade for Hischier.

Hutton is good, but not irreplaceable. Hischier is a guaranteed 60 point player in my mind. Who ever we pick at 33 could replace Hutton in a few years anyways. 

Not a great deal, but one I could live with.

We can't trade Hutton if we are losIng Sbisa to expansion.

5 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

It really doesn't but once again I'd rather just take Glass. Hischier I wouldn't be interested in if I were JB. 

Baertschi + 5 + 55 for 1 is a good deal for us, I'd do that too. Not much more though. +1 

I'd ask for Kerfoot back as well. 

42 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I could see the base of the deal being our 1st and both 2nds.  I think we still add to that though.  If Shero wants Makar, he would still be in a good spot to get him at 5.

Abandon the rebuild, dispose of all the picks for a shinier trinket.  Ship out Hutton, Granlund, and Baertschi as well, if need be.

I want to trade up as well but it depends on how the teams above view the pick. Couple kids with a real shot of becoming franchise, game changing players in Hischier, Patrick. Trading up for 1 would help make the rebuild much faster and Hischier/Patrick can easily slot into our opening night lineup to lessen workload on the Sedins. I'd probably offer Sbisa plus our 2nd, 3rd for 1st overall. It's worth throwing an extra 3rd since you'll be getting by far the best player in the draft. Being in a competitive division will also help Hischier become accustomed to how it goes in the show. It's an overpayment maybe but the Devils will probably want a lot of pieces thus give them more picks and giving Sbisa alone is a valuable asset. Plus side we get to keep our pick as well

17 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I want to trade up as well but it depends on how the teams above view the pick. Couple kids with a real shot of becoming franchise, game changing players in Hischier, Patrick. Trading up for 1 would help make the rebuild much faster and Hischier/Patrick can easily slot into our opening night lineup to lessen workload on the Sedins. I'd probably offer Sbisa plus our 2nd, 3rd for 1st overall. It's worth throwing an extra 3rd since you'll be getting by far the best player in the draft. Being in a competitive division will also help Hischier become accustomed to how it goes in the show. It's an overpayment maybe but the Devils will probably want a lot of pieces thus give them more picks and giving Sbisa alone is a valuable asset. Plus side we get to keep our pick as well

Let me get this straight...your offer is Sbisa, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick for # 1 OA????  An overpayment???

33 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Why would anyone want to move up to #1 overall in such a weak draft. Makes no sense. 

Patrick was a few days from being in last years draft where he wouldn't have even gone in the top 3. 

Nico Hischier is going number 1.

Speed and high end skill. Exactly what it takes to compete in our division.

7 hours ago, canucksnihilist said:

I'm not saying it makes sense... but that might be the price.  

just saying that what the organization really needs is the #1 or #2 pick... not the #3 or #5.  But maybe we get lucky... haven't really had much success in getting lucky, this organization needs to take some risks, and either it will pay off and we get a competing team earlier... or it sets us back a few years - but what do we have to lose?  If we don't get a #1C and true #1D before we compete again, we will never win the cup.

What would it take to get the #1 pick?  or #2?  The prices are ridiculously high to trade for a #1 or #2 pick...   So I guess we just draft a defenseman at #5 and hope we get lucky next year...   Maybe next year is the better year to sacrifice something to get to the #1 or #2 (although this is probably the ONLY year that the #1 or #2 is actually available in a trade).  

Next year the Dmen are so good. Like very very good. I say we take Vilardi or Mittelstadt at #5 and take one of the stud dmen next year

http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/2018/18_prospects.html

12 hours ago, IBatch said:

No way.  Boesser might end up being as good or better than both guys at the top of the draft.

Read it over again, I think it might change your mind.

I'm not the one that said it. I was saying it regarding someone else posting that trade. I'm the one saying that deal is crazy and he should read it over again

*Boeser better then Hischier and Patrick? Not a chance. I know we love our prospects here in Vancouver, and he is a very good prospect who has a good chance at becoming a top 6 winger for us. But these two guys are likely to become first line centre's. Boeser I love, but you gotta watch these two kids play first. They are two years younger and might be just as good as Boeser already. Hischier is not quite there because of physical maturity, but his skill and hockey IQ are equal to or better then Boeser's today. Hard to say where Patrick is at this summer because of injury, but as a 16/17 year old last year he was already one of the best players in the entire CHL. By playoff time he was unstoppable. Suck's he got injured. I would have loved to see him carry that over to this season. These two are gonna be 2nd line centre's next year and competing for the rookie of the year award. Boeser we hope makes the team out of camp and plays well enough to stay in the league this season

1 hour ago, B53 said:

I'm not the one that said it. I was saying it regarding someone else posting that trade. I'm the one saying that deal is crazy and he should read it over again

*Boeser better then Hischier and Patrick? Not a chance. I know we love our prospects here in Vancouver, and he is a very good prospect who has a good chance at becoming a top 6 winger for us. But these two guys are likely to become first line centre's. Boeser I love, but you gotta watch these two kids play first. They are two years younger and might be just as good as Boeser already. Hischier is not quite there because of physical maturity, but his skill and hockey IQ are equal to or better then Boeser's today. Hard to say where Patrick is at this summer because of injury, but as a 16/17 year old last year he was already one of the best players in the entire CHL. By playoff time he was unstoppable. Suck's he got injured. I would have loved to see him carry that over to this season. These two are gonna be 2nd line centre's next year and competing for the rookie of the year award. Boeser we hope makes the team out of camp and plays well enough to stay in the league this season

This.

You may be underselling Boeser a bit with your last statement (there's zero chance Boeser doesn't make the team next year). But Patrick and Hirschier are elite talents that I'd trade Boeser in a heartbeat for. It'll never happen though, so we can all just relax and enjoy watching Boeser for the next 10 years. 

2 hours ago, Freeridebc said:

Tanev, 5oa, cbj 2nd and subban for 1oa and zacha?

Where would we fit Hirschier and Zacha? We'd have way too many Cs and not enough D. 

The dream scenario for us is to get our potential 1C and potential PP QB dman by using our 5 OA pick and Tanev (trade). 

On 2017-6-1 at 3:51 PM, morrissex95 said:

TO TAMPA BAY:

LW Sven Baertschi

LW Jonathan Dahlen

RW Nikolay Goldobin 

C Adam Gaudette

TO VANCOUVER: 

LW Jonathan Drouin 

4 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

What do you know?

They look pretty good. 

I've said this before I'll say it again, we should stay at 5 and pick Cody Glass. 

Yeah well you also said we should trade 3 of our top prospects + Baertschi for Drouin 

6 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

How about you get a life instead of fishing for threads created by drunk guys. 

I mean you go on Canucks' message board when you're drunk, so I don't think I'm the one who needs a life lmao

Archived