The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dr. Daniel Sedin and Dr. Henrik Sedin

HKSR

3 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

Nice! Also... sedins funds have been subtracted to exactly -$50 000 each, and neither have networks or families in the field to help them get hired in their profession, so they are flipping burgers now.

Nope, they moved to the US. Flipping Rx's

Hmmm, a University of Victoria researcher studies the Sedins and Nucks for leadership and community work, and then Kwantlen awards the Twins with honourary degrees...

Well played, Kwantlen. Well played. 

15 hours ago, Great Granny said:

I'd have refused that "honor" if I were them. Kwantlen isn't nicknamed "K-Mart College" for no reason. Bill Cosby also has a doctorate degree. His dissertation was on Fat Albert.

It is too bad that it ended up being Kwantlen - basically an upbranded college. Other university/colleges were in the mix but turned down.

Now a real university won't have the chance to honour them.

I'm guessing one of the Canucks alumni had strong ties with Kwantlen and brokered this sweet-heart deal for them.

Gives the K-mart College alot of undeserved street credits.

22 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Takes me 7 years, almost 90 K, and anxiety pills to get my masters lolol... jk well deserved to them both

I get what you are saying.  Make my wife's 9 years to get he PHD seem slightly less prestigious.  If you can essentially purchase a degree from an institution, it waters down the value of that degree.  

For the record I love the Sedin's and this isn't a crack at them.  They didn't ask for this to be awarded to them.  It just makes me mad when Universities give our honorary degrees.  Its a marketing ploy that costs them nothing.

4 hours ago, stuman491 said:

I get what you are saying.  Make my wife's 9 years to get he PHD seem slightly less prestigious.  If you can essentially purchase a degree from an institution, it waters down the value of that degree.  

For the record I love the Sedin's and this isn't a crack at them.  They didn't ask for this to be awarded to them.  It just makes me mad when Universities give our honorary degrees.  Its a marketing ploy that costs them nothing.

When the honorary degree is justified then why not. Students and graduates alike can use their leadership and dedication  as motivation to be generous with their time and give back to their communities. 

Very few deserve honarary degrees but the twins definitely deserve it.

On 6/1/2017 at 5:50 PM, Rush17 said:

I respect them. but I'm not calling them dr Sedin and dr Sedin.  they can go suck a lemon lol 

ant happening

Hell with you. I hope the announcers say "the doctors are in!" anytime they have a strong game.

Archived