The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

19 minutes ago, Screw said:

After Bertuzzi and Kessler I seem to be suffering from douche bag fatigue.  I would like to pass on Kane. 

Funny how those douchebags Including Burrows and Bieksa led us to our most successful years.

3 minutes ago, ice orca said:

TSN reported a lot of teams are very interested in Vatenen, i wonder if that will affect the price on Tanev?

I mean, a better defenseman will net a better return. So, probably.

21 hours ago, Zhukini said:

Funny how those douchebags Including Burrows and Bieksa led us to our most successful years.

Funny how their egos/selfish choices worked to quickly derail those years as well. 

48 minutes ago, ice orca said:

TSN reported a lot of teams are very interested in Vatenen, i wonder if that will affect the price on Tanev?

I dont think it will affect the price of Tanev. Vatenen is the superior player (skills, age, contract) and will command more and definitely get more attention from other GMs. While Tanev is a very good dman his value to Vancouver is far greater than any asset they will acquire in a trade and there will be quite a shock from a lot of people here when/if he is traded due to the real return as opposed to most of the fantasy proposals where we fleece the opposing GM. 

4 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

LOL! I dont think the boards will crash if that happens.. People's expectations though..... ;)

Crashed when luwas traded.

Crashed when kes was traded. 

Crashed when Schneider was traded.

Crashed when lu was pulled from practice to announce he wasnt teaded ffs. 

17 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I dont think it will affect the price of Tanev. Vatenen is the superior player (skills, age, contract) and will command more and definitely get more attention from other GMs. While Tanev is a very good dman his value to Vancouver is far greater than any asset they will acquire in a trade and there will be quite a shock from a lot of people here when/if he is traded due to the real return as opposed to most of the fantasy proposals where we fleece the opposing GM. 

Plus they aren't even comparable. They both play very different styles and bring their own separate strengths to the table. It really depends what gm's are looking for. 

21 hours ago, Zhukini said:

Funny, I can't recall reading any stories about Burrows or Bieksa in trouble with the law. 

2 hours ago, Screw said:

Funny how their egos/selfish choices worked to quickly derail those years as well. 

We were a 100 point team for the better part of a decade. 8 full seasons over a 100 points actually. We had a long run.  Not sure what u mean by a quick derail man. 

3 hours ago, Monty said:

I mean, a better defenseman will net a better return. So, probably.

Are you saying Tanev is better than vatanen? 

Chris is big time over rated on these boards, yes he's consistent and steadfast but even the best defensive defensemen have a deadly clapper or can at least play physical.

Tanev is GREAT at what he does and would be a welcome addition to any team but he is as one dimensional as it gets.

And unreasonable expectations is why there are so many doom and gloomers around here. Expectations breed disappointment.

3 hours ago, ice orca said:

Difference being that we don't have to move Tanev. ANA needs to move a D. They'll likely get less than Vatanan's worth and we might get more than Tanev is.

Would not be shocked if the values are pretty darn close.

22 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Difference being that we don't have to move Tanev. ANA needs to move a D. They'll likely get less than Vatanan's worth and we might get more than Tanev is.

Would not be shocked if the values are pretty darn close.

Yup.

In fact, would not surprise me if Tanev nets more, because Vatanen will be dealt prior to the expansion draft. Tanev will almost certainly be moved after it, when the value is much higher, and more GMs suddenly have holes on their blueline.

Archived