The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

9 minutes ago, Monty said:

Canucks being approached about Tanev...

...but not before every team talks to Minnesota, Anaheim, Islanders, Winnipeg, and Philly.

Do I just happen to catch your posts when you're bashing the Canucks? I assume you have positive stuff to say sometimes, right?

3 hours ago, ice orca said:

Bull, get a clue.

I'm not saying I am 100% with Deniro here but Nylander wasn't doing a whole lot when he was on the third line with Kadri (who had a stellar year). I watch alot of leafs games since I am out east and he was getting PP points and then started to rev it up with Matthews. 

Nylander is a good player and very talented, but imho alot of people out west just see his numbers and think wow, but haven't really watched his play closely or regularly. Deniro is right, alot of his points are perimeter etc. I certainly don't think he'd have put up those numbers or even close playing with Kadri all year or playing on another team.

More importantly, I don't see his play as key to championships, he's not even a 'support' guy like Kessel is (and granted its very early in his career), but Kessel can be 'depended on' to pot points, from my watch of Nylander, he's more the beneficiary of playing with good players and he has some talent. Will it matter if he always plays with Matthews, nope, because AM will open up so much room for him, his skills come through as he has time and space.

Its very hard to judge both him and Ehlers when you see who they played with. Very good / high end skill but when you play with superstars life is alot easier. I don't think either of those players would be as effective in Vancouver.

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

How about something along the lines of MTL NYR VAN in a 3 way trade involving Stepan, Tanev, Galchenyuk 

NYR gets top pair RHD which is what the asking price for Stepan apparently is. 

VAN gets the young 1C. Him and Horvat could be 1a + 1b. No superstars but that's a pretty solid top 2. 

MTL gets a C in his prime they need now to make a run. 

I think one of those gm's wouldnt be happy . Thats probably why there are never any 3 way deals

38 minutes ago, TU90 said:

Do I just happen to catch your posts when you're bashing the Canucks? I assume you have positive stuff to say sometimes, right?

When it comes to the Canucks future? Well, lets see. 

*Grabs reading glasses*

They have a great #2 center in Horvat. 

They got promise in Boeser, although not proven until a few years in the league.

Juolevi was the right pick last year.

*Puts down reading glasses and races to purchase season tickets. Slips and bangs head on counter top. Dead*

Eulogy: Thankfully that counter top was there to stop Monty.

13 minutes ago, Monty said:

When it comes to the Canucks future? Well, lets see. 

*Grabs reading glasses*

They have a great #2 center in Horvat. 

They got promise in Boeser, although not proven until a few years in the league.

Juolevi was the right pick last year.

*Puts down reading glasses and races to purchase season tickets. Slips and bangs head on counter top. Dead*

Eulogy: Thankfully that counter top was there to stop Monty 

13 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Tanev and Cbj 2nd for landeskog 

landeskog horvat together would be fun to watch

I know this will never happen buuuttt, Tanev, our 1st pick for Gaudreau. Watching those 2 in the all star game was crazy (yes I know no one is really trying) but man that would be awesome 

First time posting here, but have been reading this forum and topic for a while.

Don't think it's been said but I can't see Tanev getting traded before the expansion draft, his value goes up once protected and the exd has passed. If Dallas is dangling the 3rd as part of package for him it makes no sense for them to pull the trigger now. Would be great for us given they could protect Sbisa but for them means they could lose a dman they didn't want to. Other teams in on Tanev are thinking the same, sucks for Vancouver but if he's on the move it'll be after the exd and before or at the draft.

I'm actually kind of shocked with the overvaluing of Tanev these days.  I get he's got a rare skill set, but some of the trade demands are odd.  

Dallas has Guys like nichuskin  honka faksa Dickerson gurianov plus the 29th overall AND the 39th selections.  

Certanly theres a deal in here that's worth while for Vancouver.

3OA is a nice target, but there's a lot of nice pieces above that are much closer to NHL ready and a couple attractive picks.  

13 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

a little surprised JB didn't swing a drouin for tanev trade 

to me tanev > sergachev now and Tampa is in a win now mode.

beartchi Horvat Boeser

drouin Glass Goldobin

dahlen Grablund Virtanen

gaunce Gaudette Lockwood

pretty good man

Canucks apparently tried but it came nowhere close.  Tampa Bay Times have said a few months ago that they were looking for an offensive D.  They have tried to sign Shattenkirk and they've looked at Dumba, Trouba as well as Vatanen over the season. 

Fwiw LeBrun says that all the scouts he trusts tell him that Sergachev is going to be a stud.

20 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I'm actually kind of shocked with the overvaluing of Tanev these days.  I get he's got a rare skill set, but some of the trade demands are odd.  

Dallas has Guys like nichuskin  honka faksa Dickerson gurianov plus the 29th overall AND the 39th selections.  

Certanly theres a deal in here that's worth while for Vancouver.

3OA is a nice target, but there's a lot of nice pieces above that are much closer to NHL ready and a couple attractive picks.  

I could probably be happy with a honka + 29 + 39 for tanev deal. 

55 minutes ago, tas said:

I could probably be happy with a honka + 29 + 39 for tanev deal. 

Of course.... I'd be happy with Honka and 29 alone. We are undervalueing Honka a bit. I just don't see them moving a young talented defenseman for an older defenseman who Honka may become better than. 

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Am I the only one who would take Guryanov + Anaheim's first rounder and run? 

That is a good return also. Gurianov is a rw? If he is that would be the only knock for me. Trading for a good center prospect or offensive d would be first choices....honka...

What about honka & gurianov? Or honka & 29th

Getting that annaheim 1st would allow us to move up if we wanted someone in the low 20s or late teens

Would exnay makar @ #5 and all but assure a center is taken

16 hours ago, BoShow said:

First time posting here, but have been reading this forum and topic for a while.

Don't think it's been said but I can't see Tanev getting traded before the expansion draft, his value goes up once protected and the exd has passed. If Dallas is dangling the 3rd as part of package for him it makes no sense for them to pull the trigger now. Would be great for us given they could protect Sbisa but for them means they could lose a dman they didn't want to. Other teams in on Tanev are thinking the same, sucks for Vancouver but if he's on the move it'll be after the exd and before or at the draft.

Welcome aboard!

13 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Would you move Tanev and our 33rd for kap and the laughs 17th?

Nope.... we should only move him for a top end prospect/pick.  Not a "decent" prospect who is 21 year old with a sum total of 1 NHL goal so far in his career.

We don't really have any need of guys for the middle of our lineup, we need a couple of legit 1st line players.  We "should" get one with the 5th pick... and we need another top 10 pick to get another one.

Archived