The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

13 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

If you look closely in sec. 109, you can see even Shane Churla's mother stand up and cheer!

Hated that guy.

Hah!  Churla always went after Bure...it wasn't exactly a one off in that game only.  I don't blame him for that elbow. 

52 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't want JB to trade down, I want him to add the second pick and come out of the draft with two top 10 picks and a prospect.

I think TO is the next most likely candidate after Dallas, so that would be 17th which may still get you a guy like Valimaki or Foote. Just don't see TO offering up the prospects to go along with the deal. 

If Dallas is being too demanding then meh, enjoy the 1st round exit.

I also don't want to make TO any better :P

Interesting to hear Bob McK on 1040 today. He feels that Tanev for the 3rd overall is not enough value for the Canucks. Tanev in This draft is worth more than what the Canucks could get at 3. 

It was nice to hear an Authority put a current situational value on Tanev. 

I would think Dallas feels there pick is worth more. 

So I would picture a stalemate. 

10 minutes ago, John McClane said:

Interesting to hear Bob McK on 1040 today. He feels that Tanev for the 3rd overall is not enough value for the Canucks. Tanev in This draft is worth more than what the Canucks could get at 3. 

ARZ is still who I'd like us to deal with good prospect (Dvorak?) and their 7th OA for Tanev and say CBJ 2nd/B prospect.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't want JB to trade down, I want him to add the second pick and come out of the draft with two top 10 picks and a prospect.

Same, but depends on the return. If we can get another Dahlen/Goldobin-type then it may well be worth it.  Another 1st would be good, but a second round pick?  Depends on how far down we're going.

10 minutes ago, John McClane said:

Been saying that all along -- you don't trade a top-pairing shutdown RHS dman on a good contract in his prime for nothing more than a single magic bean that could bust.  Reported asking price is a high pick and a (good) prospect, which would be understood by any team as a reasonable ask.

8 minutes ago, gobi said:

DAL can go suck it if they think moving up 2 spots is worth a Tanev.  Looking fwd to DAL missing the playoffs again.

I'd be willing to wait to trade Tanev at the trade deadline instead.

Yes.....Dallas can suck it.

9 hours ago, stawns said:

I'm on JR's bandwagon at this point.  If Dallas wants a Kings ransom, try and pick up one of Liljegren/Necas at 6-8, and snag a good prospect at the same time.  Plan C, a very good prospect and a pick from 10-15 for Foote.

Dangle a massive package to Dallas and then at the last minute send a smaller package to neighbouring team Arizona and *cough cough* Hamhuis them a bit

15 minutes ago, John McClane said:

Exactly. Dealing Tanev should wield a healthy return, and gladly McKenzie has given that fact some backing.

36 minutes ago, J.R. said:

ARZ is still who I'd like us to deal with good prospect (Dvorak?) and their 7th OA for Tanev and say CBJ 2nd/B prospect.

Arizona just released their list thus ensuring the league know player value to the team, might not even be there in 2 days.  We want betta chedda

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Arizona just exposed Dvorak thus ensuring the league knows his value to the team, might not even be there in 2 days.  We want betta chedda

I don't think we'd get Strome and 7th but by all means...

I agree with Bob McKenzie, Tanev is much harder to come by than whatever prospect might be there at 3OA.  They may or may not be a career nhler, Tanev already is a right shot who is one of the best shut down guys in the business.  

Either 

Tanev

for 

Dallas' 3OA 

or 

Tanev + 33rd OA

for

Toronto's 17th OA + Kapanen

Anything below these deals I wouldn't do.

21 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I don't think we'd get Strome and 7th but by all means...

22 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Arizona just exposed Dvorak thus ensuring the league knows his value to the team, might not even be there in 2 days.  We want betta chedda

What about

Tanev + 5th overall

for 

7th overall + 23rd overall + Christian Fischer

2 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

What about

Tanev + 5th overall

for 

7th overall + 23rd overall + Christian Fischer

Prefer to keep 5th. I also think we could get 7th and 23rd for Tanev (would prefer a prospect though).

17 hours ago, mll said:

TVA Sports says that the Coyotes are in a dire financial situation.  They will have to add a contract like Datsyuk's to reach the floor.  If that's true it's unlikely that they have the cash to add a player like Tanev and give up a younger player on an ELC.  Kypreos when he said that Smith was available said that they will be going young.  It might have been another way to say cheap.

17 hours ago, J.R. said:

Tanev's cap hit is pretty reasonable.

You know what helps finances? Butts in seats. You know what put butts in seats? Winning. 

Tanev would help with that too.

So they can keep Strome and send us their 7thOA.

You know what else would greatly help this as well. We retain $1-2m on Tanev. We can easily afford the cap for the next couple years of his contract. 

Tanev with say $1.5 retained for 7th OA and Strome...maybe even their 2nd rounder for retaining (leaving them the 23rd).

Yeah, if Dallas won't play ball, screw em!  

There are other teams who could use Tanev.

Tanev for:
Arizona 7th overall + Wood/Fischer  (or the other options mentioned in the posts above)

Florida 10th overall + 40th overall   (I'd love to see us get another high 2nd round pick too)

Tampa 14th overall + Howden/Cirelli/Point

Toronto and the Rangers are a bit further down the list, but even they'd be possibilities.

New Jersey might even work - a good NHL ready prospect (Quennville, McLeod, Speers, Blandisi, Zacha) or 2 and their 2nd round pick.

If the Devils take Hischier or Patrick (as expected), they will have an excess of centers and could certainly afford to move one.

Archived