The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think Tanev would help solidify the PK and is great defensively, an upgrade to who they will have available. His work on top 4 pairings speak for themselves...plus 3 on a bad team.

I think Tanev does that on every team in the league.... Doesn't mean every team in the league will be interested in acquiring im given the asking price. 

4 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I think the window probably closed here.  Sounds like Vegas stockpiling D men to sell off on open market.  Likely will bring value of Tanev down somewhat.  3rd pick was pipe dream anyway.

Teams can settle for bargain basement dmen and suffer the consequences.  Of they can pay a higher price and get a guy who canbstanilize your entire dcorp and play big time shutdown mins

16 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. Dealing Tanev should wield a healthy return, and gladly McKenzie has given that fact some backing.

For the players who don't put up the points CDC undervalues them. They aren't fancy, but they do their role and they do it well. I've never believed in adding to Tanev for their 3rd. Dallas should be adding for Tanev. 

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

TSN 1040 just said the chances of Vancouver trading TanMan for the 3rd are slim to none. Bummer, I love Tanev but loved the idea of a C and D in this draft. To many serviceable D man in the expansion.

I dont think it was ever even close to being done as Dallas would want far more. I disagree with some that Vegas will be unloading Dmen that no one wants. I think they will have some pieces that other teams have quite an interest in. With that Tanev now probably only gets you a late first/ early second round pick and I think he is far far more valuable to Vancouver than that. 

15 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I dont think it was ever even close to being done as Dallas would want far more. I disagree with some that Vegas will be unloading Dmen that no one wants. I think they will have some pieces that other teams have quite an interest in. With that Tanev now probably only gets you a late first/ early second round pick and I think he is far far more valuable to Vancouver than that. 

Late 1st/early 2nd? I think his current value is right smack in the middle of a late 1st and 3rd OA. Which is why Tanev will still be a Canuck next week.

14 hours ago, stawns said:

Teams can settle for bargain basement dmen and suffer the consequences.  Of they can pay a higher price and get a guy who canbstanilize your entire dcorp and play big time shutdown mins

For someone who has been pretty meh about Tanev you sure have changed your tune.

1 hour ago, BabychStache said:

Really was hoping for the Canucks to get 2 top 6 picks. 

If Philly makes the deal with LV for 2 and ends up with 6 and 15. Maybe Tanev to Philly for 6 + Prospect for Tanev. 

Tanev and Ghost would be a great combo. 

I would trade Tanev for the 6th pick one for one...

6 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I would trade Tanev for the 6th pick one for one...

Is there any potential for Tanev to go to TO still?  Would we trade him to the Leafs for pick # 17?  I don't think that's enough, but maybe Benning sees a guy at 17 that he likes enough to pull the trigger?  

5 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

I think Tanev to Vegas for 6thOA with the agreement Vegas takes Megna or Biega and we keep Sbisa and Gaunce is fair value.

I would do that though I'd want Boucher protected as well. If we don't lose either Sbisa or Boucher in the expansion draft color me a happy camper.

32 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

I think Tanev to Vegas for 6thOA with the agreement Vegas takes Megna or Biega and we keep Sbisa and Gaunce is fair value.

You make it sound like we're doing them a favour by trading them Tanev for 6th OA. If anything, it's the other way around. LV isn't likely to have interest in Tanev. If they end up trading any 1st rounders, it won't be 6th OA. Also, if the rumours are true, 6th OA ++ is being traded to the Flyers for 2nd OA. 

I know it sucks but I just don't see Tanev being traded. 

Side note - I haven't heard much out of TO lately. Hopefully they'll reignite trade discussions with JB. Fingers crossed. 

Archived