The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Development Camp 2017 - Updated with roster, schedule

OJ looks damn good at 200lbs. If he was being held back because of his size, that shouldn't matter anymore. He has to make the team this year, but who gets traded? Edler seems he does not want to leave and Benning rightfully so, is asking a high price for Tanev. Just have to wait an see..

27 minutes ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

Best skater today was Boeser. NHL-level stride and agility.

Pfft, you're so wrong.  CDC keeps telling me he's slow and needs to work on his skating before he gets anywhere near the NHL.  He's like that slug Gaunce.  Probably 2 years in Utica just to get him up to adequate, if he doesn't bust altogether.

#powerofparroting

10 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Pfft, you're so wrong.  CDC keeps telling me he's slow and needs to work on his skating before he gets anywhere near the NHL.  He's like that slug Gaunce.  Probably 2 years in Utica just to get him up to adequate, if he doesn't bust altogether.

#powerofparroting

I can't wait for cdc for further screaming about 'line #'s!' and 'salaries!' when our so called 'bottom 6' has guys like Sutter, Gagner and Eriksson in it :lol:

16 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Pettersson has small legs but performed surprisingly well in leg strength tests as you mentioned. Gadjovich looks like he needs to less bench press and work on his lower body to improve his skating speed.

Lind also looks solid in the upper half for his size but needs more leg strength to improve speed. I remember when he was drafted a term used was quicker than fast at this stage of development.

Gaudette cracked me up. Proud American doesn't want to sing Canadian anthem and/or doesn't know the words.

I could see him be a poor man's Kesler in a few years taking over from Sutter as that third line 2 way guy.

Don't let the build fool you.

Bones Jones has no muscles showing on his legs but is the world Champ at 205 lbs.  Every fighter he faces has bigger legs than him yet he's the stronger one every time.

Image result for bones jones

Guess who won...

Image result for UFC skinny vs thick

Guess who won...

Image result for UFC skinny vs thick

1 hour ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

Best skater today was Boeser. NHL-level stride and agility. If MacEwen could take that in and maybe pick Boeser's brain about those little things, he could be in the NHL sooner than later.

Pettersson wasn't far behind Boeser in terms of speed. In that last scrim shift, Pettersson was dangerously fast and hard on the puck. Not afraid to go hard to the net either.

In the WJC's I though Pettersson's agility and hustle was really under rated.  Maybe he doesn't go full blast all the time (why would you) but when he needs to hustle he puts his head down and goes for it

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

In the WJC's I though Pettersson's agility and hustle was really under rated.  Maybe he doesn't go full blast all the time (why would you) but when he needs to hustle he puts his head down and goes for it

I liked how responsible he was though. His awareness is good, he was the first on the backcheck a lot of the time. That's what's going to make him a good two-way forward.

4 minutes ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

I liked how responsible he was though. His awareness is good, he was the first on the backcheck a lot of the time. That's what's going to make him a good two-way forward.

I agree with his awareness.  He usually seems to be in good positions and follows the play well in both ends of the ice.  His commitment to defense makes me like him that much more

*nice to see Salo brought in as a guest instructor.  Here's hoping he continues on with the Canucks in a coaching/development role.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He had a great career and I want to be like him. Big, strong & tough on the ice. I'm excited to work more with him" - Juolevi on Salo

DD6nHBIVYAAB3s2.jpg

Awww I miss Sami!  Sure wish we'd signed him for one more year.......

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

#powerofparroting

Trolling for fire? Watch and see

Juolevi's looking good with the extra muscle, and I sure miss Sami. Great to see him and Olli having a chat. Olli couldn't ask for a better mentor. I wonder if Sami's thinking "damn, I wish I was this kid, I'd still love to be playing". Who knows, maybe Salo ends up being the D-coach one day.  

Archived