The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Development Camp 2017 - Updated with roster, schedule

I'll be going tomorrow and the Season Ticket Holder scrimmage on Thursday (hopefully with a camera) to take notes and film. Heard from a friend and read some posts on who to look out for but if there is anyone here who wants me to look for something in particular (especially in game situation) then I'll try my best to jot that down. I want to have player profile log for standout prospects for the camp.

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

In the WJC's I though Pettersson's agility and hustle was really under rated.  Maybe he doesn't go full blast all the time (why would you) but when he needs to hustle he puts his head down and goes for it

He's an excellent skater, however, he prefers to slow the game down...

27 minutes ago, junglesniper said:

I'll be going tomorrow and the Season Ticket Holder scrimmage on Thursday (hopefully with a camera) to take notes and film. Heard from a friend and read some posts on who to look out for but if there is anyone here who wants me to look for something in particular (especially in game situation) then I'll try my best to jot that down. I want to have player profile log for standout prospects for the camp.

I am dying to hear what other people think of Gaudette. I have only seen a handful of games of his the last two years but from what I've seen he is defiantly the steal of the 2015 draft! 

33 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Very nice to see Salo as a guest coach.

Wait that Chris Joe guy is just some kid student blogger guy?

Does he write scouting reports for Elite prospects too?

If so Sportsnet used EP as a source for their draft coverage.

Quite pathetic.

6 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

I am dying to hear what other people think of Gaudette. I have only seen a handful of games of his the last two years but from what I've seen he is defiantly the steal of the 2015 draft! 

He will become the success that Cole Cassels was supposed to be.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Quite pathetic.

Yes he posted lots on here before in previous drafts SNYPERS.

He actually had a lot great insight and much better analysis than the majority of hacks on here.

He was quite dedicated to it which is why he was part of that elite prospects site. Whats wrong with sportsnet using analysis from people who watch an incredible amount of hockey of these prospects? Wouldnt you prefer that over an ex nhler turned analyst that doesnt watch these guys at all an just uses information from others anyways?

2 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

He's an excellent skater, however, he prefers to slow the game down...

I see the same thing with Boeser. It's not that he doesn't skate hard, but he looks for the soft areas on the ice and snakes his way into prime scoring areas. He reminds me of Laine. Petterson has that sense as well. Building through the draft is starting to come together.

22 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Yes and No. Marty St. Louis was a great skater in his prime known for his speed and scoring and was well known for his tree trunk legs.

Also football and soccer players have huge legs on average as well.

I'd also disagree and say that Olympic sprinters have big legs and a strong core as well and developed upper body.

Long distance runners tend to be skinny like Petersson.

That's actually not true. They have very well defined leg muscles not huge legs. There are exceptions to this rule however for the most part they need to keep optimum mobility so they prefer to have lean muscle instead of being bulky. I won't disagree with football players though, those guys are absolute tanks, but if you look at the fastest players, even they like to stay pretty lean cause you can't be bulky and the fastest, you have to pick one or set yourself in the middle to be a well rounded athlete like most of them do. 

14 minutes ago, Wonder__Bread said:

That's actually not true. They have very well defined leg muscles not huge legs. There are exceptions to this rule however for the most part they need to keep optimum mobility so they prefer to have lean muscle instead of being bulky. I won't disagree with football players though, those guys are absolute tanks, but if you look at the fastest players, even they like to stay pretty lean cause you can't be bulky and the fastest, you have to pick one or set yourself in the middle to be a well rounded athlete like most of them do. 

Speed skaters though.  They sure have huge legs; especially the thighs.

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Quite pathetic.

Lol, I'm with you. The guy is a charlatan but has many on here convinced. I'm sure it's worthwhile for him as a student, but those viewing him as an expert are sure off base. 

26 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Anyone else going to the Showdown? I'm considering tickets off craigslist. The Rogers Arena Sports Bar promo is interesting as well, though as I understand it you don't have a view of the ice, just the TV. Can someone confirm?

My buddy who lives in vancouver wants to go. Are the tickets only for season ticket holders?

Archived