The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Development Camp 2017 - Updated with roster, schedule

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

Tier 2 right now. 

If we are able to draft a superstar quality draft pick next season then that would put us into tier 1 catagory

The problem with this is that those players usually join the team in the fall and don't get counted as prospects. The way I see it is that you need a bunch of very good players in the system (2nd liners and top 4 dmen). The more you have of those, the more likely it is that one of them turns into something special down the line.

I agree with the Tier 2 though.

On 6/28/2017 at 1:24 PM, cyoung said:

This is a strong camp compared to the last few seasons. Excited to hear about who stands out. 

Yes, a much stronger development camp than we have seen for many years. When was the last time we had three high end "A-level" prospects in camp (Pettersson, Boeser, and Juolevi) along with several guys we can put in the A- or B+ category (Lind, Gadjovich, Gaudette, Dahlen, Brisebois, DiPietro) and some interesting longshots (Palmu, Rathbone, etc.)

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Palmu may be short but man his legs are as thick as any of the other 7 players there.  Judd Brackett was right, kid is strong like a fire hydrant.

Interesting that the 3 guys in this picture Canucks drafted need to improve their skating speed still.

Gadjovich is top heavy and needs to work on his leg strength meanwhile Lind and Petersson have chicken legs also.

18 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Palmu may be short but man his legs are as thick as any of the other 7 players there.  Judd Brackett was right, kid is strong like a fire hydrant.

Short, but he definitely does not look weak. Stocky build.

On 6/29/2017 at 10:15 AM, kenhodgejr said:

I am looking forward to watching these prospects play at Shawnigan Lake Academy this summer and meeting them at the fundraiser dinner. 

err where my rugby team in high school always went to lose Lol

Wouldn't it be sweet if we had Gunner or Holm or Brassard come  flying in and  then take a spot like Hutty/Stech

Archived