The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Tryamkin Return To The Canucks?

Hortankin

Tryamkin   

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Well, Willie was fired before he bailed on the team.

Talks with family probably took place before then.

Willie:

Tryamkin sit. Megna go play D.

Tryamkin:

Why am I sitting and Megna plays D? I'm God dam better than him, what is up with the Megna love?

Willie:

Tryamkin I told you not to talk about mine and Megna's love affair, consider yourself benched for the season

*Tryamkin phones wife*

Tryamkin promises wife he's coming home for a few years.

Willie gets fired.

JB offers 3x3.5

Tryamkin cries as he has to turn down a contract worth so much because of WDs Megna love.

JB got mad, whooped WD and that is why WD had watery eyes in his exit interviews.

Prove that I'm wrong :P

23 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Comparing McDavid to Gretzky must be a joke to then right? 

Get outta here Mr.  Negative

When your biggest strongest player on your team plays the softest and doesn't want to hurt anyone....

You know he isn't going to ever be a Chara....

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

When your biggest strongest player on your team plays the softest and doesn't want to hurt anyone....

You know he isn't going to ever be a Chara....

It's all about the mindset. How many hour of work does it take for him to learn to not hold back. 5 minutes of playoff hockey, that's it. Get him to the playoffs and you will see a meaner Tryamkin

Chara in his prime was a beast that nobody wanted a piece of. He has a mean mean streak to him and he doesn't care if he seriously injured players. Frankly Tryamkin doesn't have that in him I think TRYAMKIN had enough of the coaching and the management and wanted out..you could see he was not very happy when he left. I doubt he comes back and if he does it probably is with another team.There looked like a little bad blood with the Canucks.

2 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

It's all about the mindset. How many hour of work does it take for him to learn to not hold back. 5 minutes of playoff hockey, that's it. Get him to the playoffs and you will see a meaner Tryamkin

Can't coach nastiness.   You have it or you don't...

...   sometimes kids that were  just raised too nice  .

5 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

QS_71961993763b4db28ee4ff7b7b560ec0.jpg

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

QS_71961993763b4db28ee4ff7b7b560ec0.jpg

Does he not stick up for teammates and fight when he feels the need to? It's going to take him a bit b4 he gets used to the force he can use. You can tell he's holding back because he knows he could really hurt someone. He's not just big but hes fast, and thats a deadly com o. Im glad he is holding back. The last thing we need is a freak incident like the Moore injury.

Him, Gudbranson, and Virtanen could do some real damgage in the playoffs. 

37 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Could be family reasons.

What if he seen that we wouldn't compete for 2-3 years and decided to go home and start a family. He could have went to JB and said hey I want to spend time with my family for a bit and while I do that I will fine tune my game.

My guess is wifey doesn't want to leave Russia. Once they pop out a few little Nikita's I doubt she'll be open to the idea of raising her kids half way across the world in one of the least Russia like places on Earth.

Think about it, not even Gina Luongo wanted to live here.

Let it go. If he want's back it will happen. Just don't hold your breath. We got 79 games out of a 3rd rounder. Considering Canucks draft history that's pretty noteworthy.

He's just following the skates of Koltsov. A second round pick who did quite well in the KHL and he was only 5'11" 176 lbs. I'll give Koltsov credit, he at least was willing to play in the AHL.

15 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

My guess is wifey doesn't want to leave Russia. Once they pop out a few little Nikita's I doubt she'll be open to the idea of raising her kids half way across the world in one of the least Russia like places on Earth.

Think about it, not even Gina Luongo wanted to live here.

I've reserved judgment on the Tryamkin situation, but this is just grating a nerve of mine. WHY do people keep pinning this on his wife? I know you're just speculating like everyone else, I just don't understand this specific conjecture. His wife said herself on social media he and she were happy in Van (the city…can't attest to the team) and she speaks better English than he does. She seems pretty well adjusted. I take Tram at his word when he says family reasons, but I'm thinking more parents/siblings if he has any, etc, along with the abysmal coaching. Leave his wife alone :rolleyes:

Tryamkin will come back when this current regime is gone. I believe it annoyed him that he was made to sit out for being out of shape while the organization's 6th overall pick and hometown boy was playing despite being unable to take a regular shift and being 20 pounds overweight.

10 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I've reserved judgment on the Tryamkin situation, but this is just grating a nerve of mine. WHY do people keep pinning this on his wife? I know you're just speculating like everyone else, I just don't understand this specific conjecture. His wife said herself on social media he and she were happy in Van (the city…can't attest to the team) and she speaks better English than he does. She seems pretty well adjusted. I take Tram at his word when he says family reasons, but I'm thinking more parents/siblings if he has any, etc, along with the abysmal coaching. Leave his wife alone :rolleyes:

Newly married

+

Family

+

Despite changing coach, he still leaves.

= Either he's just not enjoying North America, or he doesn't like the home cooking, or he misses his Mom's home cooking.

Yes, it's speculation, but we've seen instances in the past with Luongo and Pronger where a player want's to leave because of his significant other.

I never heard anyone outside of Gillis complain about Cody Hodgson and his Dad. But it's apparent something happened behind the scenes.

Do we have both sides of the COMPLETE story? No. But, don't get upset because it gets discussed.

6 minutes ago, Toews said:

Tryamkin will come back when this current regime is gone. I believe it annoyed him that he was made to sit out for being out of shape while the organization's 6th overall pick and hometown boy was playing despite being unable to take a regular shift and being 20 pounds overweight.

And refusing to play in the AHL even for a conditioning stint was out of the question because?

Even that "hometown boy" spent almost all of this year in the minors.

You're speculating. Might as well say he had bad sushi in Vancouver and holds a grudge against the city and the hockey club.

Tryamkin had the potential to be better than Chara but if he stays in the KHL for a few years and even if he returns he likely won't reach his ceiling that he could of been if he stayed at the NHL all these time. I really liked his game and I really think he could be a special player if developed properly. His got size, and he can skate very well given his frame and he also has good hockey IQ as I realize that when he is not tired out there, he is usally on the right side of the puck. I see offensive potential in him too as when he joins the rush he looks dangerous (but no finish, he could improve on that). It really sucks that a guy as good as him chooses to leave. However, it is difficult to work away from home at a country with a very different culture. What the Canucks management should of done was they could bring in another Russian veteran player to help him adjust. He seems pretty lonely for the most part of the season until Goldobin came over that's when he finally gets a Russian buddy on the team. We still retain his rights and I hope he would return and be a good top 4 defenceman for us when we are in position to contend.

26 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Newly married

+

Family

+

Despite changing coach, he still leaves.

= Either he's just not enjoying North America, or he doesn't like the home cooking, or he misses his Mom's home cooking.

Yes, it's speculation, but we've seen instances in the past with Luongo and Pronger where a player want's to leave because of his significant other.

I never heard anyone outside of Gillis complain about Cody Hodgson and his Dad. But it's apparent something happened behind the scenes.

Do we have both sides of the COMPLETE story? No. But, don't get upset because it gets discussed.

Not upset, just disappointed by what appear to be a series of lame attempts to explain his actions, in spite of the explanation Tram provided himself.

25 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And refusing to play in the AHL even for a conditioning stint was out of the question because?

Even that "hometown boy" spent almost all of this year in the minors.

You're speculating. Might as well say he had bad sushi in Vancouver and holds a grudge against the city and the hockey club.

He had an agreement with the Canucks that he would not be playing in the AHL. I believe he also stated that he offered to return back to Russia if they could not find a spot for him in the lineup. Point is the player has consistently made it clear that he has no intention of playing in the AHL. When the Canucks signed him they were aware of this and agreed to it as well.

Yes I am speculating but Tryamkin has himself come out and said that he does not understand why he was benched at the start of the year. Why doesn't he understand when the Canucks have made the claim that he was not in shape?

The reason IMO is because there was a guy who was playing games in the NHL who was so out of shape that he could not take a full shift with his linemates before he had to go off. Players notice such double standards. They see that hometown 6th overall pick can play games for the big club while still being out of shape while the Russian 3rd round pick has to sit out and get in shape before he sees playing time. The optics do not look good especially when Russians are always wary that there is Russian bias in this league.

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

This is seriously getting out of hand.

This obsession with him and debating whether he comes back is getting old. 

Give it a rest people. It's starting to sound like that EX that dumped you that you can't seem to get over. 

Kay Debbie downer get that out of your system, did you really need to come and pad your post count in here?

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Wtf? Virt was in ahl this year. Your missing a year in between...

8 minutes ago, Emmetts said:

Wtf? Virt was in ahl this year. Your missing a year in between...

Jake played a few games in the NHL this year. I don't understand how he got a roster spot and was playing games despite being obviously out of shape. I lay the blame at the coaching staff that did not set standards. They should never have gifted a spot to a teenager just because he was a high pick. They should have sent him back after emphasizing what it took to play in the NHL. You have to have one set of rules for everyone or you undermine the message you are trying to send to your players. You earn your roster spot through merit and there are no exceptions. If a prospect comes to camp out of shape then you send that player down and emphasize the importance of fitness as the reasoning why. You have to impress upon your players the importance of such qualities.

Archived