The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Rogers Arena will become  louder once Pettersson and Boeser work some magic together.

agreed. I really hope they make the Larschieder's an official thing too, we need a group like that to get the crowd going. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

agreed. I really hope they make the Larschieder's an official thing too, we need a group like that to get the crowd going. 

Well having the likes of Boeser Pettersson Horvat Lind Gaudette along with the Larschieders, change their intro music and have Donnelly sing the anthem every game would probably be a good starting point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Well having the likes of Boeser Pettersson Horvat Lind Gaudette along with the Larschieders, change their intro music and have Donnelly sing the anthem every game would probably be a good starting point. 

In sweden we removed the anthem for regular season games because it killed the vibe from the chants

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sedinery33 said:

Is it just me or does Daniels point totals not add up? 16 + 26 = 45? I know I've been out of school a while now, but I think there may be an error

Maybe it's like the Canadian penny and just gets rounded up to the nearest nickel?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

the cheering that the Larschieders do between the big moments just makes it more fun. It'll take a few seasons for it to really get going but why not start now?

2 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Typo, how can you not want to see what the kid can do in the NHL?  

That's a rhetorical question that is a little off base from what I've been saying. Of course I want to see what he can do in the NHL; I'm just saying I won't be surprised if he gets to or does not get to show us next year right away. 

2 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I don’t think EP will give us the option to wait.  What will he have to prove in the SEL next year?  He isn’t going to ride a bus in the AHL either.  So we have a prospect that’s already too good for the SEL and AHL, so how do we hold him back?  It’s not like we have really talented guys standing in his way.  

Put him on the ice at training camp and no way he doesn’t make the team.  I want him to be bigger too, but his skill and IQ is off the charts good and I am sure that he will add size with the proper coaching. 

He may not be ready physically or mentally even. His skill set is there--no one is doubting that--but until we see him actually play some games in training camp and then the NHL, we won't know for sure. I'm as excited as everyone for him, but I guess I just don't have the sense of urgency as some. 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

:huh:

It's no secret that the Twins experienced some troubling years for a while, no? As someone who also eats really healthy and works out, I can attest to how difficult and long it can take to add 15-20lbs of muscle when doing it the right way, which I deem substantial size gain. 

13 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Button ranking Pettersson number 1 in his top 50 prospects.

Kinda frosts me to not see Kole Lind on that list but Glass is somehow top 10.  Sorry to say but when you look at both of their respective roles and ice time/line mates allotted each player Lind belongs on that list without question

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

How does Cody Glass rank #4 and Kole Lind, who has more points and plays with lesser linemates, doesn't rank at all?

Well Glass is a C and ranks as a potential top line centre. Although I agree and think Lind will be an NHL player he's still building his reputation. Just be grateful we have Benning and an awesome forwards lineup coming. I think we need to add another elite LW/C and a few good D prospects which is something we can address this deadline and draft.

Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldy-Bo-Lind

Gadjovich-Gaudette-Virtanen

MacEwen-Gaunce-Granlund

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Kinda frosts me to not see Kole Lind on that list but Glass is somehow top 10.  Sorry to say but when you look at both of their respective roles and ice time/line mates allotted each player Lind belongs on that list without question

I guess the positive is that we have seen how Kole responds to being snubbed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I think Button is doubling down on his 2017 draft rankings where he had Glass at #4. 

That said, out of all these lists that get put out every year Button seems to be more accurate than a lot of the other guys...

5 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I think Button is doubling down on his 2017 draft rankings where he had Glass at #4. 

That said, out of all these lists that get put out every year Button seems to be more accurate than a lot of the other guys...

assuming Button is correct in his Lind assessment what would be the reason? his skating?