The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Whenever he finally gets into a Canuck uniform the Canuck management need to get someone who will defend him on his line.  Not a goon, but someone who can put the puck in the net on occasion and will stand up for his line mates.  Any suggestions out there?

4 minutes ago, Tyndall2 said:

Whenever he finally gets into a Canuck uniform the Canuck management need to get someone who will defend him on his line.  Not a goon, but someone who can put the puck in the net on occasion and will stand up for his line mates.  Any suggestions out there?

Jake Virtanen or Jonah Gadjovich

4 hours ago, swehockey said:

I think heard 30K SEK , it's about $3.500 but he will get a good bonus for breaking some goalrecords. 

$hit that's low (for a professional hockey player). Pettersson can probably make more in the AHL? AHL salary is probably around 60K USD?

Edited by khay

3 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

I’m a big nugent Hopkins fan, but the reality is he had key years in his development which were ruined in Edmonton. No accountability for players, coaches, or management. He had guys like Taylor hall and Jordan beetle show him the ropes both on and off the ice, and they were more concerned with getting girls on Whyte ave (popular bar scene here in Edmonton) than they were about having a good hockey team. They had 3 incredibly talented players that year in hall, rnh, and beetle, but no accountability. It’s no surprise two of them are gone from the organization. If nugent hadve been given players and staff around him that focused on developing all aspects of his game sooner, he’d be as good as horvat in my opinion. 

In in the past couple seasons there has been a big emphasis on improving his two way game and being more defensively responsible. He’s picking up on it and has developed into a really good second line centre, 55 point pace this season. but if these habits were enforced from day one, he’d be even better 

edit: just realized your based in Edmonton too so you probably know the saga already, but I think the point still stands

I agree. I honestly thought RNH will be a PPG player.

These injuries to the shoulder area us pretty tough to completely recover from based on my experience. 

1 hour ago, khay said:

$hit that's low (for a professional hockey player). Pettersson can probably make more in the AHL? AHL salary is probably around 60K USD?

I believe all their housing and utilities are included as well.  Some get vehicles as well.  I understand there are generally a lot of under the table perks.  My cousin used tomplay on Europe for many years.  Did very well for himself.

On 3/11/2018 at 7:53 AM, N7Nucks said:

Lots of draft talk going on and not enough "Pettersson is too small talk, gonna get murdered in the NHL" talk >:( 

For shame.

EP looks like a man playing among boys.... the last game at least...I think tiny talk should subside as soon as people start actually watching him...

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Peaches wasn't challenging anyone except himself. Though, I'm not surprised you agree with him and FTG likes your post. Both of you love to whine and cry about how others can't handle your opinions, but can't seem to realize that many times your opinions are pretty dumb and deserve to be called out. You just like to be a contrarian just for the sake of it, it seems.

Hilarious part of that that is that I don't have FTG on ignore...kinda defeats the whole argument :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

EP looks like a man playing among boys.... the last game at least...I think tiny talk should subside as soon as people start actually watching him...

It makes me laugh people say he can't play at 160-170 because he will get destroyed by hits. How many big time hits do we see a game? How many of them are on light, shifty, quicker players? Rarely any. And even those guys don't get "murdered" when they do get hit. Most of the injuries we see aren't because of the hits. It's the reaction to being hit. Either illegal hits or falling awkwardly and tweaking legs or hitting their head on the ice or something. I can't even recall the last time I seen a dude get hit clean and because of his light weight he was injured, outside of players that received suicide passes. At worst his size just makes board battles tougher. Maybe I am dumb, I dunno.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Knucklehd said:

I believe all their housing and utilities are included as well.  Some get vehicles as well.  I understand there are generally a lot of under the table perks.  My cousin used tomplay on Europe for many years.  Did very well for himself.

Typically this is the case. Similar with basketball as well. Maybe @Rob_Zepp can confirm.

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Typically this is the case. Similar with basketball as well. Maybe @Rob_Zepp can confirm.

Housing and transportation are indeed typically provided.   Some other perks on a case-by-case basis too.   Nothing opulent (except in truly exceptional cases) but the bulk of your contract can be banked after taxes paid which is very much unlike playing in North America.   

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Yearly? Or monthly? Can’t believe he makes less than 3,000 a year... McDonald’s workers in Sweden make like 10x that!

Monthly, take in accord that the minimum wager for a cashier aged 18 who workers in a store for atleast 2 years is 22,200 +128/hr at weekends.. Incredibly low pay for the mvp of the League... Dont know about bonuses though, as it isnt like nhl where you got a set amount of bonuses you can reach as a rookie