The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Ya i know me too. They said 10am

God I hate those guys, giving Pratt and Jake a run for their money.  Guess they'll tease it some more.  I'll try 650

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

God I hate those guys, giving Pratt and Jake a run for their money.  Guess they'll tease it some more.  I'll try 650

I guess the call was at 10am and they will do clips later in the show 

Like Boeser and Horvat before him, I highly doubt Petersson will see anytime in the AHL. He's pretty much guaranteed a spot on the Canucks... And not because of his pedigree but because of how damn talented he is.

Fall can't come fast enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/21k4ya/klart-elias-pettersson-skriver-nhl-kontrakt

In Swedish, Google translateable 

Short version:

Pettersson has everything he needs to become one of the best Swedes ever to play in the NHL, some comparisons to Peter Forsberg, about his insane hockey IQ and how this writer wouldnt be surprised if EP wins the "Guldpucken" *golden puck* as the best Swedish hockeyplayer... In any league. 

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Upvote 1

I really like the approach that everyone (including Pettersson) seem to be taking regarding his size. We've seen with Virtanen, Hutton and Juolevi that simply hitting 200lbs doesn't make you more effective. The real goal should be to add strength in all areas, including quickness, balance, explosiveness, etc all on top of pure strength. It's a longer process (I'd expect around 3-5 years before we start seeing the benefits), but we end up with a much better player at the end of it. A prime example of this line of thinking is the progression of Scheiffle, who's now one of the best 2 wa centers in the league. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's because its the same negative yahoos always expect nothing but bad things.

- Remember Boeser/Gaudette were gonna bolt....

Yes we may not get the big prize in UFA's but Benning has done a great job at restocking the shelves. 

Yup. Also the same fears of Demko not signing and becoming a UFA before Boeser/Gaudette.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCanuck said:

I think he said he is around 77... Meaning 77 kilograms. This would put him at 170 pounds which is more in line with what we have been hearing

If you read the tweets in Sid's post a few above yours, you will see that EP says 177 (pounds).

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

If you read the tweets in Sid's post a few above yours, you will see that EP says 177 (pounds).

I know. If you actually listen to the interview it really sounds like he says 77. I think he is being misquoted in all of the tweets. Being a swede, it would make sense that he was using the metric system. There was also a report going around maybe 2 or 3 months ago during his season that said his weight was up to 167 pounds. I don't think its reasonable to believe he has gained 10 pounds since then. Also, just Google "Elias Pettersson weight" and you'll see that the result is 77kg.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

You are right, Pettersson does say 177. The last I posted was 172 lbs but that was from Botchford. I was even appreciative of the piece he wrote in the Province. Learned a lesson and will qualify my self when quoting Botchford like everybody else.

^ Wait. Is Botchford right then? 77 kg converts to just under 170 lbs.

Edited by Alexandre
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Alexandre said:

You are right, Pettersson does say 177. The last I posted was 172 lbs but that was from Botchford. I was even appreciative of the piece he wrote in the Province. Learned a lesson and will qualify my self when quoting Botchford like everybody else.

^ Wait. Is Botchford right then? 77 kg converts to just under 170 lbs.

Here is a link to the interview the weight quote is coming from. They start talking about his weight at the 9 minute mark. He clearly says "77" when he says how much he currently weighs.

http://ckstam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-9522?smc=10

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2