The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry to ask

But how many games left and what's his magic number to break forsbergs/nilssons records as of today?

Nilsson's record?  EP was never going to touch that.   Nilsson had 1.5 PPG and scored 28 goals in 36 games.   EP has 13 goals in 31 games.   Short of scoring 15 goals in his next five games which would would still leave him a point short of Nilsson in same number of games, the record for Kent is safe.      As far as Forsberg, he is right on pace in terms of points per game.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry to ask

But how many games left and what's his magic number to break forsbergs/nilssons records as of today?

Not much time left. Shl is a 52 game season if I remember and vaxjo is on game 38 so ep40 is gonna have to pick it up.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

....his goals are way to skinny....he's going to need to season in the AHL...learn how to take a hit and spend time on the injury reserve list...

...seriously...I don't even think he needs the 7 more Lbs of muscle that I am calling for...skinny goals count the same as fat ones....

He's a hockey player not a cut of beef, let that marinate for a second.

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Nilsson's record?  EP was never going to touch that.   Nilsson had 1.5 PPG and scored 28 goals in 36 games.   EP has 13 goals in 31 games.   Short of scoring 15 goals in his next five games which would would still leave him a point short of Nilsson in same number of games, the record for Kent is safe.      As far as Forsberg, he is right on pace in terms of points per game.

Yeah, he should pass foppa around his 40 games played Mark if he stays healthy.

2 minutes ago, Isam said:

Yeah, he should pass foppa around his 40 games played Mark if he stays healthy.

Vaxjo has 13 SHL games left and if EP plays in all of them he would hit 44 games played.   At current rate of goals and assists he would project to 19 goals and 35 assists for 54 points.    Forsberg got 48 points (23 goals, 25 assists) in 39 games.    I would call that a virtual tie if EP accomplishes that projection but if he caught fire and hit, say, 60 points then he would be second place all time for U20 behind Nilsson.    For him to get 22 points in the final 13 games is a stretch but he seems to like a challenge so let's sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Some would even say he has the passing of Henrik Sedin and the finish of Daniel Sedin lol

Exactly, plus he shoots a lot harder than Daniel.  I can see Pettersson setting up on the half-wall for our PP.  He will make other teams' PK nuts, because (unlike Henrik) Ellias can shoot and pass.  He will be a killer on the PP.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Vaxjo has 13 SHL games left and if EP plays in all of them he would hit 44 games played.   At current rate of goals and assists he would project to 19 goals and 35 assists for 54 points.    Forsberg got 48 points (23 goals, 25 assists) in 39 games.    I would call that a virtual tie if EP accomplishes that projection but if he caught fire and hit, say, 60 points then he would be second place all time for U20 behind Nilsson.    For him to get 22 points in the final 13 games is a stretch but he seems to like a challenge so let's sit back and enjoy the ride.

Agreed. I would also add in that to pass foppa is more prestigious then Nilsson because of the era the eras they played in. 70s Swedish hockey wasn't known to be very good in the defensive side of the game so Nilsson's numbers are kind of inflated.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

With 1 goal, 1 assist today, he now has 38 points (13 goals, 25 assists) in 31 games.

What's more, he's 2nd in the entire SHL in PPG with 1.2

Only Joakin Lindstrom averages more, barely, at 1.25 PPG

Also, the average age of the 6 guys ahead of him (overall), is 30. 
Pettersson doesn't turn 20 until next November. 

I know he's skronny, but that is seriously impressive. There's an extra 15' side to side in those rinks but he's playing against grown men. If he can do that there now, I don't see any reason why he can't do it here. 

Top 25 points Leaders for SweHL

Name Team GP G A Pts PIM
Joakim Lindstrom Skelleftea AIK 35 13 31 44 55
Ryan Lasch Frolunda HC 38 12 31 43 10
Par Lindholm Skelleftea AIK 38 16 26 42 22
Johan Ryno Farjestads BK Karlstad 39 9 33 42 24
Aaron Palushaj Brynas IF Gavle 37 14 23 37 32
Oscar Moller Skelleftea AIK 38 16 20 36 6
Elias Pettersson Vaxjo HC 30 12 24 36 14
Dick Axelsson Farjestads BK Karlstad 39 16 20 36 36
Michael Lindqvist Farjestads BK Karlstad 32 20 14 34 22
Victor Olofsson Frolunda HC 36 21 12 33 4

• Upvote 1

This is a LONGGGGG thread so I apologize if this has been posted in the past.

An interview with Pettersson in July:

https://www.nordicbet.com/en/blog/sport/ice-hockey/meet-canucks-1st-pick-elias-pettersson/

I’ve also met the president of Vancouver Canucks, Trevor Linden, and he told me straight away that I should eat more eggs. 

:lol::lol::lol:

Describe your pal Jonathan Dahlén, and the experience of you both now belonging to the Vancouver Canucks organization?

– We used to joke about ending up in the same NHL team – it’s unreal now that it’s actually happened. The chemistry between us on the ice is so good. When he first came to Timrå, we instantly found each other, both on and off the ice. He became my best friend also outside of hockey. We hang out a lot together, lots of talking and joking also off the ice. I hope we will have the chance to play together in the NHL one day.

Tell us something about Jonathan Dahlén that most people don’t know?

– Dahlén is not the best roomie, he snores like a 50 year old man, ha ha.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rush17 said:

He will essentially slot in and have similar passing to Henrik. That is huge.  His vision is up there with the twins. :D  ^^

Oh please...Henrik currently sits 30th all time in assists. 

I think Pettersson is going to be a superstar for us, but there have been nights in not-too-distant history when Henriks passing felt  magical like Gretzkys passing. He's literally one of the all time greats of history.

• Upvote 4

I don't know if this has been posted already, but this clip makes me feel so happy that he's a Canuck! 

It's interesting to note that this is an english SHL feature, not a third party interview

Edited by KyoNami
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nergish said:

Boeser and Pettersson on their off wings together? The thought alone...

...with Tavares in the middle

and only Pettersson would be on an off wing

Boeser is a right shot on the right side. Pettersson is a Left shot but plays RW/C 

But a legit #1C feeding BOTH those guys on a top PP each on their one-timer side?

could be good. could be real gud. lol

Edited by darkpoet

5 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

No Pettersson in the olympics, last spots goes to Zackrisson and Norman

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=7782

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=2020

might be good for him.  are the leaders in the SHL all going? if so it might even out the games played for the scoring title.  easier competition for him if all good shl players are in s Korea.

being snubbed isnt a bad thing. probably better for his development imo.  looking forward to see how he does over the next month.