The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

After watching the above video, I have these questions:

1) Of his 56 points, how many were on the power play?

2) Will he get deployed on the Nucks' powerplay right from the start?

3) How was his 5x5 play?

4) How good is the average SHL goaltender vs NHL goaltender?

5) Will he debut like Backstrom (69 pts in 82 games), Forsberg (50 pts in 47 games) or like Berglund (47 pts in 82 games) and Henrik (29 pts)?

1) he has 9PPGs, cant find how many assists 

2) IMO yes, he should

3) +39 -12 in regular season

4) i would compare SHL keepers to a good AHL keeper.. 

Some names in the SHL is Jonas Gustafsson, Victor Fast & Cristopher Nihlstorp Who all played some games in the NHL.. 

5) Hard to say, to set a goal for a rookie at almost 70 points is a bit harsh.. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

That kid lives over the shoulders

Not a bad spot to make a living. Even NHL goalies tend to leave some room there.

That Malmö D though. I mean, I know EP is skinny but unless he’s two dimensional and can turn invisible, you’d think somebody should have picked him up there. :lol:

Just now, ForzaTikare said:

How do i do that? :ph34r:

You have to copy the share link directly off Twitter and then it embeds automatically.

• Cheers 1

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Not a bad spot to make a living. Even NHL goalies tend to leave some room there.

That Malmö D though. I mean, I know EP is skinny but unless he’s two dimensional and can turn invisible, you’d think somebody should have picked him up there. :lol:

Yeah, that's a bit of a big ice goal, for sure.  He won't get that kind of time or space in NA, but his release is so quick he'll still score on that play

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That Malmö D though. I mean, I know EP is skinny but unless he’s two dimensional and can turn invisible, you’d think somebody should have picked him up there. 

Guy just broke 42 year old record...might want to cover him :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

EP and AG have been locks to make the team already but now with Sedins gone Dahlen has a shot as well....

Baer / Bo / Boeser

Dahlen / Pettersson / Virtanen

Granlund / Sutter / Gagner ( if he continues on like the last few games and not the Gagme of old) or Goldie if he Gag's me too much....

Leipsic / Gaudette / Ericksson

Gaunce or Motte

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

EP and AG have been locks to make the team already but now with Sedins gone Dahlen has a shot as well....

Baer / Bo / Boeser

Granlund / Sutter / Gagner ( if he continues on like the last few games and not the Gagme of old) or Goldie if he Gag's me too much....

Gaunce or Motte

Yup, I've been predicting all three make it, just like we saw with Matthews/Nylander/Marner.  Massive corner-turning statement.  Deciding factor may be what they do in free agency now, as Big Boss Jim has a pocketful of cash.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Baer / Bo / Boeser

Gaunce or Motte

RDF, Getting ahead with the roster? I'm calling for JB to get aggressive draft/summer, at moving out some middlish, slender vets, to bring in some muscle. With all the kids incoming, seems a good time for this.

Just been too many seasons decimated with injuries. Now comes size, to accompany the young speed & skill.