The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

Yeah I don't think Benning was gonna say "This kid's gonna break a U20 record that's stood since the mid 70s." haha

He's beaten any and all expectations. Jim probably saw him as a 1st line playmaking C. But not superstar production in the SHL this early. That's my guess tho. Maybe Jim knew lol

Edited by Rush17

3 hours ago, kloubek said:

Interesting.  When drafted, I'm pretty sure he indicated it would take some time.  In particular due to his slight weight. Guess when you have that kind of talent and a team that may be starved of scoring, its hard not to consider.

with the game getting more smaller players too it seems to be shifting more to mobility so that could be part of it, but he'd also better learn who Marchand is pretty quickly. 

6 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Hello? Does this committee even watch SHL games.... how do you break the U20 Record and not win U20 player of the year. Did Dahlin even have the best U20 season for a Defencemen?

EP, Welcome to Canuck Luck! Look forward to you dominating the NHL soon.

57 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

with the game getting more smaller players too it seems to be shifting more to mobility so that could be part of it, but he'd also better learn who Marchand is pretty quickly. 

That's primarily what I'm afraid of.  Last thing the kid needs out there is to be overly intimidated by the less "savoury" players in the league.  And you just know they are going to target him...

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

That's primarily what I'm afraid of.  Last thing the kid needs out there is to be overly intimidated by the less "savoury" players in the league.  And you just know they are going to target him...

thats why I'd be happy if Jim picked up Reaves this offseason for some "safe work environment" assistance. 

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats why I'd be happy if Jim picked up Reaves this offseason for some "safe work environment" assistance. 

those days are over, there's a reason the Pens parted company

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I’m really curious to know what this is about. 

PM him/her to find out. Pretend you are a Swede? 

Hej jag är svensk. Vad handlar det här om?

Courtesy Google translate.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Does little good if he's not playing on the same line.

Just being on the bench does wonders out there.

Teams will think twice about jumping EP if Reaves is on the bench.

That's what Reaves has been doing all his career. He isn't on line with Crosby or Malkin.

Rather whenever he goes out there for a shift, he sends message. 

Prevention is always the best resolution!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Just being on the bench does wonders out there.

Teams will think twice about jumping EP if Reaves is on the bench.

That's what Reaves has been doing all his career. He isn't on line with Crosby or Malkin.

Rather whenever he goes out there for a shift, he sends message. 

Prevention is always the best resolution!

He's not even on their team, never mind their line. That's a pretty impressive message he's sending all the way from Las Vegas. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

those days are over, there's a reason the Pens parted company

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's not even on their team, never mind their line. That's a pretty impressive message he's sending all the way from Las Vegas. 

Lol. ya I was using Pitts as an example. I haven't been watching LVG so I couldnt use that reference as I wasn't sure how he has been doing over there :)