The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Odd. said:

I put a laughing emoji because you really can’t make this $&!# up. Every notable prospect except Hutton and Gaudette has had a significant injury before their debut. 

I wasn't aware EP had such an injury.   When was his significant injury?   Was it last season as I don't recall it and his stats don't show missed games.    You have him confused?   :huh:

10 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I wasn't aware EP had such an injury.   When was his significant injury?   Was it last season as I don't recall it and his stats don't show missed games.    You have him confused?   :huh:

well he's getting surgery on his thumb and is injured up to 1 month. somewhat significant considering how this might cut into his training time in the off-season and a huge emphasis on him needing to gain strength.

Edited by Odd.

6 hours ago, Odd. said:

I put a laughing emoji because you really can’t make this $&!# up. Every notable prospect except Hutton and Gaudette has had a significant injury before their debut. 

Odd....

3-4 weeks is not a big deal. Could be a blessing.. It really all depends on how you're interpreting things.. 

People get injured in hockey. It's not even luck. If you followed other teams, you wouldn't live in such a fishbowl. BLUB BLUB.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No one in the game thinks of a broken thumb as a significant injury.   Happens to pretty much every player at least once or twice.   A super common injury and will not impact training in the least save, say, the bench presses I doubt this kid does a lot of anyway.   Having had a couple myself, you can do more than sufficient dry land work and time in the cast is about 3 or 4 weeks and then you are back at it.   All done and back to work.   This isn't an ACL or similar.   

If you want something to worry about, you probably need something else.   Further, if this had been his teams playoffs chances are he would still be playing with it assuming the bone didn't erupt the skin and they could splint properly to fit a glove - he isn't likely to drop them and take the related match penalty.

Yup, happens a lot. Broke my index finger in soccer last November, took a couple weeks off then just switched positions and was back playing and doing most of my regular stuff. Obviously not the same level that Pettersson's at, but easy to work around in the offseason.

14 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

That was the first time I got to see him play since the World Jr.'s and even though he got injured it was worth the watch.  He seemed like a threat every time he was on the ice with a good mix of speed and vision.  Even that subtle drop pass that didn't result in the score is indicative of how well he processes the game.  Can't wait until next year to see him play with the Canucks, the future looks bright. 

I was very impressed how every shift he made plays , intercepted plays and at time I was thinking what is EP doing? And three seconds later the puck was on his stick. He see's the game at this speed which is impressive, I see Elias maybe getting a point per game in the NHL because he seems to have several chances a game, and usually players miss three or four set ups. 

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

I wouldn't make that proposed trade (neither would the Sabres) even if it was Elias and switching picks with them.  I think the Dman we get at 7 (hoping for Hughs or Boquist) might - in 3 or 4 seasons - be better than Dahlin.  

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

What's McDavid won?  

This Dahlin guy is way over hyped, as are all the recent top picks.  Our guy at 7 will, in time, prove to be better.

You and I are on the same page. I have said for months "I hope we don't win the draft lottery because he is way over hyped." I wanted 5th and allow JB to do his magic And at 7 I feel we might end up with Ktachuk . Defensmen seem to be sought after in the new NHL. If we get a defenseman we could get the best D-man in the draft hard to say. But I watch Dahlin go through guys go around guys and seldom get a point. He lacks finish. e

• Wat 1

10 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No one in the game thinks of a broken thumb as a significant injury.   Happens to pretty much every player at least once or twice.   A super common injury and will not impact training in the least save, say, the bench presses I doubt this kid does a lot of anyway.   Having had a couple myself, you can do more than sufficient dry land work and time in the cast is about 3 or 4 weeks and then you are back at it.   All done and back to work.   This isn't an ACL or similar.   

If you want something to worry about, you probably need something else.   Further, if this had been his teams playoffs chances are he would still be playing with it assuming the bone didn't erupt the skin and they could splint properly to fit a glove - he isn't likely to drop them and take the related match penalty.

Did you, or anyone else on this board catch the interview with the Swedish reporter (blogger)? Sat on SN650 had him on yesterday around 10ish in the am. Very good insight into his game, his progress, and his possible future with the Canucks. He doesn't agree that EP should stay in the SHL for one more year, BUT, his GM is thinking he might. EP has been very non-committal about coming to the NHL next season, but he did allude to others, the twins, Forsberg, Nilsson, etc., who stayed 2 or 3 years after being drafted. His odds were 70%-30% he comes though. He went on to say how impressed Backlund was with EP's game, as far as poise, skill, and intensity. He named 2 more kids that are draft eligible this year, a forward and a d-man, I was driving, talking to my granddaughter, etc., but didn't get there names. Late first rounders early second this year.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

Did you, or anyone else on this board catch the interview with the Swedish reporter (blogger)? Sat on SN650 had him on yesterday around 10ish in the am. Very good insight into his game, his progress, and his possible future with the Canucks. He doesn't agree that EP should stay in the SHL for one more year, BUT, his GM is thinking he might. EP has been very non-committal about coming to the NHL next season, but he did allude to others, the twins, Forsberg, Nilsson, etc., who stayed 2 or 3 years after being drafted. His odds were 70%-30% he comes though. He went on to say how impressed Backlund was with EP's game, as far as poise, skill, and intensity. He named 2 more kids that are draft eligible this year, a forward and a d-man, I was driving, talking to my granddaughter, etc., but didn't get there names. Late first rounders early second this year.

If its from Sweden i guess Jacob Olofsson is one of them