The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

41 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yet, go to Toronto or Montreal. They all want to get jobs here in Vancouver/or BC.

Lots of trained people from BC go to Calgary I’ve noticed. But since the down turn in industry the skilled workers are coming back home. BC could never pay those kind of oil money wages. Housing is market in Calgary is down too, very surprised to see what you can buy a house there for now compared to 5 years ago.

I love that Vancouver and southern BC is leading the clean tech charge in Canada. Or I guess it seems that way to me. 

Let’s face it, BC is an amazing province, and I get why people want to migrate here. But man, housing prices in souther BC can take a hike…I’ll never be able to afford to retire anywhere down in southern BC anymore…for crying out load people are selling homes in Williams lake for over half a mil now…nuts.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Ya, MacKinnon is another parallel I've heard mentioned, he had some so so years after an impressive 63 point rookie year before he broke out with 97 points in his 5th season.

For the record, Petey started off with 66 points in each his first 2 seasons

I agree, We will see him return to form. Already seeing a slow turnaround in him, sometimes it takes these young players a few seasons how to rise above the challenge…when all other teams in the nhl study game tape on you and figure out how to shut you down you gotta rise another level, and keep adding things to your game…that’s the big difference between an elite level player and a regular nhler…I’ve seen so many rookies come out have a good season or two, then teams figure them out, and they can never reach that height again, they become great pros but not elite…I don’t think Petey is in that territory, he has the smarts and the will to get over the hump. 

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Ohhh boy Fred you are so right, we are hated across he board. I think because the rest of Canada gets snow in winter and Vancouver doesn’t so they take it out on us haha. Winnipeg is the only place that has love for Canucks, because they had their farm team there for several seasons.

I wear my Canucks gear all over Alberta and get hassled non stop. I love it. They hate green and blue there, like badly. 

I have a home in NS. NS is Bruins/Mtl territory, too polite to say much but if looks were daggers I'd be dead a hundred times over:lol: I drive cross country there and back and I love seeing folks look at my Canucks sticker and then turn and stare at me to see if I'm real :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Does she have experience with sports psychology? I thought her thing was contracts/CBA.

i dont think so, but in her interview she said they were gunna focus on players more, dont got the exact quote but im gunna guess there gunna look into that.

6 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

I thought tonight was another good game for Petey, the kid is looking like the superstar we know and love once again  

I loved his game tonight, was creating offense all night long, laid the body and came up with 3pts. I like that line of him Garland and Pearson, i feel like him and Garland mesh well together, and Tanner is a strong guy who can win get these guys the puck. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Petey into 46th in all-time Canuck scoring with his 3pt game in a losing effort.

45.  Bobby Lalonde C 353 72 117 189
46.  Elias Pettersson C 216 79 106 185
47.  Ivan Boldirev C 216 80 104 184

Ivan Boldirev was a very good player but he was no superstar yet has similar stats as Petey.

22 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Ivan Boldirev was a very good player but he was no superstar yet has similar stats as Petey.

The 1980s were a very different time when teams were all scoring 4-5 goals per game.

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Without Miller it's possible Petey would have at least 50p more under the period Miller has been here. 

I'm not sure I follow. Are you insinuating that Miller has been harmful to Petey's production?

50 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm not sure I follow. Are you insinuating that Miller has been harmful to Petey's production?

Yes, because the attacking went down on left side where Hughes feeded primarely Miller and Boeser. With Petey mostly stationtationary on right side. 

Under Green it was a pain to see Petey locked on the right side while the action was on the left side. 

Petey is a creative player so to have a coach telling him to stay put is very harming. 

If I had all games available and time I would love to put forward a film demonstrating what I said. 

• Upvote 1