The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Zfetch

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

He's good to follow.  I'm hoping he drops to 7. That line would be fire

If he falls that far i expect Carolina to dangle Hanifin to Ottawa or Detroit for their pick to snap him up for Necas

31 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Here's an explosion of McKenzie quotes. Topics include Zadina's ranking and fitness, Merkley's attitude, surprises in the top-5 and a couple of quotes on Bouchard and Boqvist.

Wow @ Merkley

That seals it for me.  I have dealt with people that have accountability issues for years.  The likelihood of him changing is as great as Buffalo trading their 1st this year for Gaunce if he is anything like that.

Too bad.  Was wanting the Nucks to take a flyer on him

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Its my dream scenario.... Our top line would be set.

A couple of good FA d-men and we could be in business within a year or two. Drool....

38 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Wow @ Merkley

That seals it for me.  I have dealt with people that have accountability issues for years.  The likelihood of him changing is as great as Buffalo trading their 1st this year for Gaunce if he is anything like that.

Glad you came around from wanting him over Hughes. The skill is unbelievable to watch, but we can't accurately gauge how bad the problem truly is. 

3 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Glad you came around from wanting him over Hughes. The skill is unbelievable to watch, but we can't accurately gauge how bad the problem truly is. 

I would still give him a shot. Maybe not at 37. 

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Nah man... Benning just has to fk up and picks his boi Dobson. Then CHI takes Wahlstrom. NYR takes Boqvist/Bouchard whoever is left. Then EDM gets zadina to play with mcdavid lol. Imagine that storyline.... 

1 hour ago, The Great 8 said:

Wow this draft is going to be very interesting. If Kotkaniemi or Kravtsov go in the top 5 we could have tons of options at 7. At that point I’m no sure who I’d draft.. probably Dobson or Boqvist.

Is Kravtsov sneaking into the top 5 conversation now too? Lol.  At this rate we could pick someone I don't have in the article lol.  Might need to add names and re- release the list before the draft.

I’m going to float this out here again, and probably will at least once more before Friday.

Does anyone know if any pubs or anything will be hosting a draft party? I know the World Cup is on so it’s unlikely, but I’d love to be able to grab a beer and watch on a big screen with other Canuck fans as opposed to at home on my iPad

41 minutes ago, Isam said:

I would still give him a shot. Maybe not at 37. 

39 minutes ago, Isam said:

Banking on Burnett can turn him around. That is what merkley has going for him.^

It entirely depends on how his interviews were and how those who have met him evaluate his character. If it's something that most people think he'll outgrow, then he probably won't make it out of the 1st round. But if it's something that doesn't look like it can be corrected, then that's when he'll drop. I have a tough time seeing him lasting past the 2nd round though. There has to be a team that would be willing to take that risk. 

Benning and co. seem to place a bit of a premium on character, especially past the 1st round. They seem to believe that those with the hunger to be better and do whatever it takes to win are the guys they want. Near the end of this video, Benning uses Burrows as an example as someone with the right attitude who was willing to do whatever it takes to make the NHL. Merkley doesn't seem to fit the bill, but none of us can know for sure. 

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Wow @ Merkley

I asked Ryan Beich if the Canucks interviewed him at the combine.  He said he'll look into it for me. If the rumours are overstated he could be a steal at 7. He has top 5 talent Without question

2 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

I’m going to float this out here again, and probably will at least once more before Friday.

Does anyone know if any pubs or anything will be hosting a draft party? I know the World Cup is on so it’s unlikely, but I’d love to be able to grab a beer and watch on a big screen with other Canuck fans as opposed to at home on my iPad

I enjoy the comfort of my living room. :) Can't say I know of any tho sorry. I bet they can be a lot of fun tho

This is more of a proposal but it is about the draft. My perfect draft would be to move Tanev and Sutter to the Ilanders for their two first round picks plus .

Then flip Guddy back to Florida for the 15th pick.

Can always dream.:rolleyes:

4 picks in the top 15.

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

This is more of a proposal but it is about the draft. My perfect draft would be to move Tanev and Sutter to the Ilanders for their two first round picks plus .

4 picks in the top 15.

in this dream, how do they fill those spots?

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

4 picks in the top 15.

I like dreaming...having the 7th, 11th, 12th and 15th picks would rebuild this organization now. Get some UFAs to fill in for two years. Never gonna happen but fun to think about lol. We would get four awesome players.

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I asked Ryan Beich if the Canucks interviewed him at the combine.  He said he'll look into it for me. If the rumours are overstated he could be a steal at 7. He has top 5 talent Without question

He's crap. Lol, get serious if you want to twitter. jj

Archived