The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Zfetch

I hope we stay away from Kravtsov. He's been getting a lot of attention recently and I do think he's a good prospect, it's just that we should focus on consensus. Also reminds me of Nichuskin a lot.

3 hours ago, 70seven said:

Just gleaning between the lines for the most part. 

I had heard reports from a local source as early as February that the Canucks REALLY liked Tkachuk and Dobson.  

There has has not been a Green, Benning, or Linden interview to indicate otherwise.  

This team needs a lot.  Upgrade at LW is just as pressing as Dmen.  Our top LW is Baertschi.... with not many top 6 hopefuls behind him.  Time after time heading into the deadline, the focus has been on addding “push back” up front that can play in today’s game.  

Tkachuk simply crosses off a tonne of the boxes on what the organization needs/wants. 

Yes, defence is a huge priority, but if they deem that Tkachuk is bpa, and LW is still a position of extreme weakness, I do think they’ll take Tkachuk at 7 if on the board.  

I got a different feeling. My gut is telling me they like dobson and walhstrom. Anyone else (other than zadina dropping) and they trade the pick away or trade down. Which to me sucks because I really like tkachuk and Hughes. 

The fact that our pick is rumoured to be the one to possibly be in play makes me think they feel other teams are higher on players possibly still around then we are. That they feel they can sell high on the player that is left at our spot and get a better return. 

Thats just how ive been interpreting things. 

Also, I hope we can somehow get Jack Drury with our 2nd rounder. 5'11 180lbs playmaking centerman who was 4th in USHL scoring and the youngest scorer with 66pts (24g 41a) in 56gp. 

He's committed to Harvard.

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

Alf misspelled Dahlen/ Dahlin so many times ( usually Dhalin/ Dhalen ) I'm surprised he feels okay being judgemental !

PS.......not to pile on, but you got Jesperi Kotkaniemi wrong twice. ( Jessperi Kokamiemi & Jesperi Kokaneimi ) Obviously typos, but your proof reader dropped the ball.

PPS.....kudos for an excellent revue.

I'll fix that thank you Alf. I don't have a proof reader that is part of the problem lol. I should of posted it tonight after I had more time to edit. I spent a good 8 hours on the article tho and I wanted it out for Monday morning. If you spot anything else please let me know :)

What do u guys think of the players on the list and it's formatting?  :) I added the 9th as a long shot as I'm sure you can gather.

Jim apparently has been active on the phones and is reportedly looking for "speed, speed, speed" according to Rick D. Makes you wonder their plans. :)

13 hours ago, Pears said:

If Tkachuk is available at 7 and Calgary really wants him, what could we get from them?

Dougie Hamilton would be nice! But I’m not sure why the flames would be covering tkachuk. Left wing is the only forward position they don’t need help in

33 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I like him. Guys on 31 thoughts podcast thinks he gets scooped up by Detroit if he's there at 6. The kid has grown up in the Michigan area and they would probably have the best eyes in him given he was in their back yard. I think the Habs or Sens could steal him tho.

Here is Bob McKenzies new and final draft Ranking:

1) Dahlin

2) Svechnikov 

3) Tkachuk

4) Zadina

5) Kokaniemi

6) Dobson

7) Bouchard

8) Hughes

9) Wahlstrom

10) Boqvist

Make of it what you will lol. I think we would take Hughes over Bouchard at 7 if he's available myself.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

1) Dahlin

2) Svechnikov 

3) Tkachuk

4) Zadina

5) Kokaniemi

6) Dobson

7) Bouchard

8) Hughes

9) Wahlstrom

10) Boqvist

Make of it what you will lol. I think we would take Hughes over Bouchard at 7 if he's available myself.

Can’t really go against what the Bobfather says, but if Hughes, Wahlstrom AND Boqvist are available at 7? I’d personally take either of those 3 over Bouchard. He wouldn’t be a bad pick by any means, but he’s not my first choice at 7.

20 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

1) Dahlin

2) Svechnikov 

3) Tkachuk

4) Zadina

5) Kokaniemi

6) Dobson

7) Bouchard

8) Hughes

9) Wahlstrom

10) Boqvist

Boqvist, Hughes or Wahlstrom please. 

25 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

1) Dahlin

2) Svechnikov 

3) Tkachuk

4) Zadina

5) Kokaniemi

6) Dobson

7) Bouchard

8) Hughes

9) Wahlstrom

10) Boqvist

Bouchard or Hughes would be amazing, nice choice to have!

38 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

1) Dahlin

2) Svechnikov 

3) Tkachuk

4) Zadina

5) Kokaniemi

6) Dobson

7) Bouchard

8) Hughes

9) Wahlstrom

10) Boqvist

Technically, Bouchard isn't a bad pick at all. Top scouting services have him as the second if not third best defenseman after Dahlin. Skating is a big part in today's NHL but so is Hockey IQ. Bouchard may not be the quickest skater, but top scouts like Bob McKenzie and Craig Button do not believe that this will be an issue moving forward. As well, Bouchard is known to have high Hockey IQ. His ability to quarterback the powerplay and drive offense from the blueline is highly valued. With his shot, he is more dynamic offensively than Hughes. It will be a tough pick, but I myself have said in the past that I would take Hughes, Wahlstrom, and Boqvist ahead of Bouchard. 

IMO whoever Benning picks some portion of the fanbase will be pissed lol. Heck, even if Tkachuk or Kotkaniemi "fell" to #7 there would be some outcry if we drafted them.

37 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

1) Dahlin

2) Svechnikov 

3) Tkachuk

4) Zadina

5) Kokaniemi

6) Dobson

7) Bouchard

8) Hughes

9) Wahlstrom

10) Boqvist

If that's the way it goes at the draft and we have Bouchard, Hughes, Wahlstrom and Boqvist to choose from, Hughes should be who the Canucks run up to the podium and select!!  With the 2nd round pick take one of the big dmen remaining.  Would hate to see Wahlstrom go to the Blackhawks though.  He could form a lethal line with Debrincat and Schmaltz for years.

14 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I'd be so so happy if we got Hughes at 7!

I can see him in a Canucks uniform. If we do get him I hope we can convince him to turn pro next season.

23 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Boqvist, Hughes or Wahlstrom please. 

I have all day for Adam Boqvist I would love for us to take him.  The ride would be thrilling. The fact he could be a super star is so tantalizing. I just hope they are 90% he's gonna make it. 

Havinga 7th Overall bust would seriously hurt this rebuild. Boqvist is my favorite D but not my first choice lol.  I'd take him at 7 if I was on the board. I might even pass over Zadina but that's why I'm not the GM. :) LoL

We never have had a superstar dman. I want one.

Archived