The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You have seen guys take shots this way off a pass, while in a one timer spot?  Interesting.  Not even Lanny McDonald did that, and he had a fabulous wrister.  I guess we see this skill in a skills competition, when there is no pressure from an opponent, and the guys are shooting at targets.  

You may have seen this release used in that circumstance, but I haven’t.  Although I must admit I’m coming 68, and my memory does fail me at times. :lol:

Fair enough alflives. Not saying you are lying, I do however stand by my statement, I have definitely seen MANY one time wrist shots in my day. Maybe we just watch different games, or by some incredible coincidence you are always after the cat when these moments take place. Again not trying to be a jerk, just seems odd to me that you have never seen this before. Particularly at 68 years of age. 

• Wat 1

10 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Next year the Canucks will probably have Lind, Gadjovich, Palmu, Dahlen, Motte, Joulevi playing in Utica. Plus there’s a chance guys like gaudette, pettersson, Brassard, Candella, and maybe a player we draft this year might be on the team as well. This give Canucks options for callups and doesn’t force anyone to play above their head. Also allows for strong internal competition. Very good environment for prospect development

I believe Palmu is signed for one more season in Finland

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jackalman said:

Fair enough alflives. Not saying you are lying, I do however stand by my statement, I have definitely seen MANY one time wrist shots in my day. Maybe we just watch different games, or by some incredible coincidence you are always after the cat when these moments take place. Again not trying to be a jerk, just seems odd to me that you have never seen this before. Particularly at 68 years of age. 

Why can't they bring back a down vote for 1 day. Lol c'mon CDC hook me up!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I have and most of the time I saw it, I waved at it and then had the dig the puck out from behind me.   It sucks.

I think Lanny McDonald had the best wrist shot I ever saw.  But even Lanny would take a one timer snap shot in Lind’s position and circumstance there.  I really don’t know why Lind chose the method of release he did there.  The one timer was the better choice, I think.  

On 19/03/2018 at 6:58 PM, Dixon Ward said:

The best thing about having a deep prospect pool, is that each player can develop at their own speed and not have huge pressure to be the saviour.  

So very very true....

And that is also the hardest thing to stomach for parts of CDC...

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Lanny McDonald had the best wrist shot I ever saw.  But even Lanny would take a one timer snap shot in Lind’s position and circumstance there.  I really don’t know why Lind chose the method of release he did there.  The one timer was the better choice, I think.  

This is pretty common in Europe actually.    It is like a pitcher throwing side arm - it catches you unprepared.

• Upvote 1

TCities dominated Kelowna on the scoresheet in Game 1 5-0 and but was not clearly the better team.   Kelowna outshot them 39-32 but made some defensive blunders and the goalie was shaky.   Some of the Rocket's did not seemingly show up ready for the physical play either.    Kole Lind was one of the only players who seemed to show up every shift for Kelowna.   He was hitting anything not tied down and ended up credited with 6 shots though I swear he attempted 2 or 3 times that many.    I have not been on the KL bandwagon as much as some but his 5x5 stats and me seeing more of his play has me thinking "why didn't anyone take Kole Lind in the first round?"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How come no ones talking about Kole Lind?

He's working on a hat-trick with 2 goals so far just over halfway through a pivotal game 2.

Will be interesting to see how he performs in the playoffs.

Judging by his post-season stats of previous years, they look really abysmal. Had no points in his first game but great to see he's got 2 goals tonight and counting.

I was at the game tonight and it was a crazy Western Hockey League game. Unfortunately the rockets lost 9-7 but man what passion Lind showed. The kid was absolutely jacked tonight and he tried to will his team to victory but it wasn't enough. He had a beautiful snipe to start the scoring and would later add a second goal on a tip in and seeing the excitement and emotions that come out on his celebrations really tell you how much this guy enjoys playing hockey. Canuck fans are going to love Kole. There is a reason you don't scout on paper as you wouldn't see the intangibles players like Kole possess. Clutch, relentless, passionate, would be a good start to describe Lind and Canuck colours on him are going to look good. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2