Gaunce - MacEwen - Palmu

Archibald

Juolevi - Tryamkin

Brisebois - Gudbranson

Rathbone- Brassard

Hutton/Pouliot

Demko

DiPietro

Forward group looks amazing, defense needs work, goalies look amazing. Future looks bright.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MattJVD said:

I'd like to see him with Pettersson, if he can keep up with the speed. He knows how to make space for high-skill guys (Suzuki) and it would be good to have some size out there with Elias.

Bo is enough of a bull for his line imo

I think Gadj is likely in Utica next year and projects more to a bottom 9 guy but I'd be pretty happy if he exceeded those expectations.

As for next year, I'm hoping we see one (or both) of Virtanen and Kane on a line with EP. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think Gadj is likely in Utica next year and projects more to a bottom 9 guy but I'd be pretty happy if he exceeded those expectations.

As for next year, I'm hoping we see one (or both) of Virtanen and Kane on a line with EP. 

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to imply next season for Gadj. Likely a year of two in Utica first.

3 minutes ago, Isam said:

Switch up the third for Jake wise.

Nah Im pretty high on Sutter. 6'3, RW Canadian boy with good hockey roots. Has improved his skating and offensive output this year. Power forwards develop slower and he could be a great one. Plus we don't have very good RW depth

19 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Nah Im pretty high on Sutter. 6'3, RW Canadian boy with good hockey roots. Has improved his skating and offensive output this year. Power forwards develop slower and he could be a great one. Plus we don't have very good RW depth

Fair enough. I would take wise if he is there because he is averaging a ppt on the usndp playing roughly third line minutes. 

11 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yup. As others have noted, he doesn’t fight much anymore because he’s earned a reputation as guy you either fear or at least seriously respect when the gloves come off.

His first year (age 16), he was pretty active and had 7 fights. Second year, he really picked his spots. Fought 4 times. Always against bigger and usually older guys. Heavyweights pretty much exclusively (he gave up an average of 3” and 17 lbs to his opponents that year). And he either wiped the floor with them or at least held his own. By his draft year, his reputation was well in place and he only fought twice. And then just the one fight this year.

Always need someone who is willing to engage if it gets to that.  It's okay to have ones that will yet are poor fighters (Sbisa) or do okay (Kassian) but if you get a big guy who can handle himself and often win, then that's even more of a deterrent.  It's one thing to scrap it out with an equal and have a chance to prevail or at least break even, but another knowing that you're likely to get your butt handed to you.

21 hours ago, MattJVD said:

I'd like to see him with Pettersson, if he can keep up with the speed. He knows how to make space for high-skill guys (Suzuki) and it would be good to have some size out there with Elias.

Bo is enough of a bull for his line imo

His foot speed is why I like him better on Boeser's line. 

While he's above average in speed, he's far from Pettersson speed.

Bo is plenty bullish but isn't known for dropping the gloves. Gadget will when necessary. 

I see Bo centering Petterson as more logical and a good match.

This opens the door for Gaudette to, possibly take the 2C ( I think he's going to be that good).

I'm also taking note of Virtanen's improved play and am looking for him to break out next season (30+ points). 

I think next season is going to be a very interesting, entertaining, and hopefully one, during which, we see a definite transition to youth.

2-3 seasons from now:

Pettersson                    Horvat                    Virtanen

Gadjovich                     Gaudette                Boeser

Another darkhorse possibility is Palmu. 

He is proving to be a promising prospect. Playing with, truly elite talent like Pettersson, could really turn him into a potent weapon.

12 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

His foot speed is why I like him better on Boeser's line. 

While he's above average in speed, he's far from Pettersson speed.

Bo is plenty bullish but isn't known for dropping the gloves. Gadget will when necessary. 

I see Bo centering Petterson as more logical and a good match.

This opens the door for Gaudette to, possibly take the 2C ( I think he's going to be that good).

I'm also taking note of Virtanen's improved play and am looking for him to break out next season (30+ points). 

I think next season is going to be a very interesting, entertaining, and hopefully one, during which, we see a definite transition to youth.

2-3 seasons from now:

Pettersson                    Horvat                    Virtanen

Gadjovich                     Gaudette                Boeser

Another darkhorse possibility is Palmu. 

He is proving to be a promising prospect. Playing with, truly elite talent like Pettersson, could really turn him into a potent weapon.

You forgot Lind and Dahlen.  Gd its a nice change to have so much top 6 talent.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

You forgot Lind and Dahlen.  Gd its a nice change to have so much top 6 talent.

I am really loving what's in the pipeline. 

It's great to have so much excitement for the near future. 

Lind could also slot in on Pettesson's line as he also carries grit to his game and has been known to drop the gloves.

I feel it's important to have willing combatants on each line to keep the opposition from taking liberties with the Petterssons and Boesers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Isam said:

Depends. Is gmjb crazy as Garth snow?

LOLZ  Funny thing was he really did not hit with any of the 7 D he drafted in 2012. Only Adam Pelech has scratched over 100 games played & Griffin Reinhart was a flop.  Except I think he became the draft pick that landed Barzal?

65BDFADA-9CF2-4D6A-8358-8436B02EEF0E.jpeg.a06ba1843565ba258dde9638e0cbe73d.jpeg

Thanks for that BTW Sid!  :P

But Snow & the Islanders have not been that bad at drafting. Not sure when Snow took over?  Some great years!

Drafted Tavares in 2009. But also landed Calvin De Haan, our goalie Anders Nilsson, Casey Cizikas & Anders Lee. Awesome! In 2008 they tabbed Casey Bailey early, the Hamonic, Matt Martin & Jared Spurgeon. That's a legit core in 2 years???

But then really, Barzal aside they have been struggling since!