The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Ryan White with Canucks

16 hours ago, Ronning4center said:

I don't know guys...9 goals, can hit and fight.  Derek dorsett replacement in case he can't go?  We need some grit in the lineup.  I'm a fan of this :)

Plus one.

And forget the fighting, well (?), he can also skate, hit and block shots.

13 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

13 fwd spots. Sedin Sedin horvat Erickson granlund baertschi sutter gagner boeser that's 9.

That leaves gaunce goldobin Burmistrov dahlen virtanen megna Chaput Molino Dorsett rodin boucher and now white all going after 4 spots. 12 guys. 4 spots. Add labate Maybe macewen More to come?  Lol. 

There's a point at which competition becomes mass confusion.  Are the coaching staff gonna see enough of each guy to make the right call?

Guess we'll see.

Good math.

I'd lay odds on Gaunce, Burmistrov, Rodin and White. With Dorsett on the injured list. If Dorsett is healthy, he would be hard to justify versus a young guy. Say Burmistrov?

It'll make camp interesting. Burmistrov and Rodin, throw Boucher in as a longer odds chance, will all have to check hard and score. White check hard & hit! 

But he's a much more logical / stereo typical 4th line role player than Burmistrov. Or Skille last year?

40 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Wont back down from anyone, sticks up for team mates , everything Prust was supposed to do and didn't. This guy would be good for Utica and a good call up option.

And it's not like he wasn't in the fights he lost either. Any player that can clock Martin that hard and handle Boychuk like he did, is more than welcome. Too many observers on the Canucks when things gets physical.

11 hours ago, mll said:

Veteran spots are limited in the AHL.  Only 6 veterans can play per game (260 pro-games) and no more than 5 can have more than 320 pro-games. They already have 4 veterans of over 320 games signed to AHL deals.

Many have Megna and Chaput in the AHL and both have 320 games - a vet will be healthy scratched each game.  It becomes crowded in Utica if they also add White and who knows who else gets sent down. Biega, Burmistrov, Rodin and Wiercioch are at 320 games. Boucher and maybe Holm (not sure how they count Allsvenskan) are at 260 games.

Can any of the AHL-only contracts be sent to the ECHL to make room?

22 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Meh, he is what he is.

I've no problem with him coming to camp and competing for a 4th line role.

And just for fun, here are some of the gifs 'Yotes fans posted on one of their boards when they signed him last year:

IMG_0881.GIF.36fbadf7a67b472fd82d637a9be84063.GIF

IMG_0882.GIF.f671b549b378d07265bbad79316acc8d.GIF

IMG_0883.GIF.11d404a53c7b121016d3d763bfd3e2b1.GIF

Can we just sign him to end Matt Martins career on January 6th when we take on the laughs? 

Sorry... that was classless of me. What I meant to say is I hope he ends matt martins career on January 6th... 

arg... I keep doing it...

Who am I kidding, that's exactly what I meant. That punk deserves it for running Troy last year. 

Too bad we still don't have Ryan :goat: Miller 

56 minutes ago, apollo said:

Can we just sign him to end Matt Martins career on January 6th when we take on the laughs? 

Sorry... that was classless of me. What I meant to say is I hope he ends matt martins career on January 6th... 

arg... I keep doing it...

Who am I kidding, that's exactly what I meant. That punk deserves it for running Troy last year. 

Too bad we still don't have Ryan :goat: Miller 

I'm thinking Gudbranson sent Martin the right message.

Dorsett and his neck won't be able to handle the truculent duties.  Both Alberta teams have amped up their rosters with characters that like to goon it up when there is no deterrent. LA will be a big strong team as always and Anaheim is Anaheim. Do u guys expect Gudbranson to do all the dirty work?  

This team team won't be winning anything in the next couple years. Please do not make it even more humiliating for the fans by putting out another turn the other cheek soft as a doormat roster.  Losing and getting pushed around can be too much, even for long time fans.

I don't care if white doesn't score 30 goals, if he can do what prust was supposed to do I'll be fine with that.

5 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I like White, he doesn't try to go all pretty bot like Prust. He knows what got him to the NHL so he sticks with the program.

exactly he's not out lookin for trouble but doesn't shy away from it either I hope he makes it

2 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Dorsett and his neck won't be able to handle the truculent duties.  Both Alberta teams have amped up their rosters with characters that like to goon it up when there is no deterrent. LA will be a big strong team as always and Anaheim is Anaheim. Do u guys expect Gudbranson to do all the dirty work?  

This team team won't be winning anything in the next couple years. Please do not make it even more humiliating for the fans by putting out another turn the other cheek soft as a doormat roster.  Losing and getting pushed around can be too much, even for long time fans.

I don't care if white doesn't score 30 goals, if he can do what prust was supposed to do I'll be fine with that.

Totally agree man!! I was pretty excited when Prust joined but he was a complete disappointment to say the least. 

We should give White a chance... maybe he can offer us more than Cracknell or simply make Burmistrov redundant?? The fans wanna be entertained and they will see the passion and intensity out of White and Dorsett. 

I still don't get the signing of Burmistrov...  he's neither a strong 2-way guy nor really offensively productive!

5 hours ago, combover said:

Rather see lebate and pedan than wierdcoat and white. But we all know guys in the farm stay in the farm under the no insentive no reward system benning as instilled

Lebate is one of the worst fighters I have ever seen, scares no one, creates no space, hes Utica fodder

Archived