The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shane Doan Retires

Cramarossa

21 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

what was the point  of playing in nhl 

selfpride , commitment, something Lindros didn't have when refusing to report to the team that drafted him . silly statement ! small town kid gets drafted by Winnipeg in 95 ,goes strait to the jets from Kamloops blazers , I don't think he ever felt it was a bad move on his part.

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

selfpride , commitment, something Lindros didn't have when refusing to report to the team that drafted him . silly statement ! small town kid gets drafted by Winnipeg in 95 ,goes strait to the jets from Kamloops blazers , I don't think he ever felt it was a bad move on his part.

yaa sorry  doan was a hard worker lindros had more talent in his pinkie the guy changed the way the game was played. Im not sure if playing on a bottom dwelling team 90% of your career is something to take pride in  winning a cup definately   at least lindros went to finals. Lindros got nordiques/avs a cup as well sakic should thank him.

Likely the most loyal guy ever associated with the Jets/Coyotes. It's a shame he had to spend most of his career with such a garbage team though, I commend his loyalty and hard work but damn. Always hoped he'd land somewhere that could surround him with more talent, it's a shame how little playoff action he got out of all those years played.

Ahh well, all the best to him going forward. Doan was loyalty and class to the final season.

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

yaa sorry  doan was a hard worker lindros had more talent in his pinkie the guy changed the way the game was played. Im not sure if playing on a bottom dwelling team 90% of your career is something to take pride in  winning a cup definately   at least lindros went to finals. Lindros got nordiques/avs a cup as well sakic should thank him.

doan had more class in his pinky        I'm sure sakic does thank Lindros.......your right he definitely changed the way Quebec played didn't do much good for the flyers

13 hours ago, tbone909 said:

Great career , would have liked for him to lace them up in the upcoming Olympics and who knows maybe he just might ??

I think the Canadian National team is playing in events up until the Olympics....if so I wonder if he will join them.

14 hours ago, Fanaholic said:

A super classy guy and I have been to Arizona and I have seen how the FANS treated him.    It was amazing to watch.   TOO bad the OWNERS and the entire organization did not have a CLUE how he should have been treated it.    He should have gone out like the FLASHY STAR he is but they prevented that . . .

He was the most popular athlete in the Phoenix valley area. That is amazing when you consider that MLB and NFL are both represented there.

Coyotes captain Shane Doan has been voted the Valley’s Most Popular Sports Figure by fans in an online poll conducted by azcentral.com. 

8462038.jpg
Doan

Doan, who has spent his entire NHL career playing for the Coyotes franchise, won the vote in landslide fashion; nearly 70 percent of the 6,787 votes cast on the web site were for Doan.

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/doan-voted-valleys-most-popular-sports-figure/c-776808

@canucktrevalla @coconuts   calling the team garbage ...what does that mean? its always been an ownership problem with  the coyotes not the players , not the team. the prior owners ,and the NHL board of executives . in my mind there is NO garbage NHL  teams just garbage owners and a bunch of bush NHL  exec's !  for me its always been about the players not the owners . so you want to call a team garbage , no call out some of the owners their the ones you can call garbage. the Winnipeg jets who were the coyotes have a very rich history they won the wha avco cup prior to entry . I simply cant understand why anybody would think that theres supposed to some kind of shame attached to playing for 1 team for his whole career. knowing how tough it is to advance levels in this game we all love. having played junior b and some senior A   it aint easy and I'm quite sure when doan was drafted to the jets he probly hit the roof

On 8/30/2017 at 8:04 AM, cyoung said:

Flashy? 

I agree that relationship ended poorly but he was never flashy. Lol

You are correct - I was just thinking what a dumb organization for the way they ended it and at the time I could not think of another word at the time so used FLASHY, but he wasn't that.   NOW TEEMU SELANNE is FLASHY . . .  I'll change the word . . .Called him the MOST COMMITTED player.   Again you were right . . . 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, riffraff said:

Who was the grumpy old fossil around here that used to badmouth Doan at every chance?...around when there was signing talk.

desi? bauerman? Not a huge Doan fan, but I have to tip my cap to a man who can best Mantracker.

Archived