The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Edmonton Oilers vs. Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 07, 2017 | 7:00 PM PT | CBC

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Don’t like the Boeser decision at all

Are we so bad that Dorsett can crack our lineup? Really? 

Makes perfect sense, if/when they lose it will because they didn't ice their best lineup. Something to sell for the next game.

The game will be fun to watch, there are a lot of really good players on the ice, it doesn't matter who McDavid plays for he is exceptional, way beyond being a mere human, he is a freak of nature. Enjoy him while he is in the league, don't hate him because he plays on a different team. We got lucky he is in our division. He is re-defining the word phenom and generational with regards to hockey.

I just wish he was on the Canucks. He will make beating the Oilers so much more difficult.

I am a firm believer in playing any player the earns the right to play and sitting those that are not performing to expectations. The message this sends to Boeser is he was not good enough in camp and preseason, which is wrong.

Green is being a coward already by not being bold enough to sit a vet instead he took the age old easy route out. Thought he was better than that as a coach 

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I am a firm believer in playing any player the earns the right to play and sitting those that are not performing to expectations. The message this sends to Boeser is he was not good enough in camp and preseason, which is wrong.

Green is being a coward already by not being bold enough to sit a vet instead he took the age old easy route out. Thought he was better than that as a coach 

Boeser wasn't very good in his last couple preseason games though, so you can kind of make the argument either way. He picked apart teams weaker squads like nothing, but as soon as the NHL competition came out his game died off. It'll all be okay.

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

If Dorsett went on waivers not a single team would touch him. Guaranteed. You are way over valuing a lifetime plumber 

He wouldn't have been claimed, I agree. He's overpaid for his role.

But he's a better checking forward than BB.

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

On the contrary; Green is not afraid to do what he think is best, rather than do what fans want.  It's the first game.  Brock will get plenty of chances.

People have all right to be mad that BB is not playing, I can't believe he's not playing as well, but don't hate on Dorsett. Dorsett does just fine with his 4th line role, he is no goal scorer. Real talk, I would rather have Dorsett over Eriksson. 

40 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Disagree.

Jake is faster, will be more effective in a shutdown role and a better choice to match up against the Coilers speed.

I am looking forward to BB taking the ice this year.... The wait is on

The struggle is real

It is comical the way so many fans leap at the 'dissing' without a game being played. I would have had Boeser in Utica for the first 20 games but am willing to sit back and see how he does. Glad that Green is taking a slow and methodical approach. You are exactly right Virtanen is bigger and faster. Perhaps some Canuck fans should look at that Oiler lineup tonight and realize how far away Van is from serious contention. 

Archived