The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why do you watch?

Makaramel MacKhiato

Tuning in  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's still my team. I caught on when I first watched the playoff game against the Ducks, getting beat by a dominating Ducks team but I was hooked. Nothing crazy for the first bit as I was a nerdy kid, bit I was still watching the playoffs so wasn't until 2009 when I watched them sweep the Blues, and then came the Hawks rivalry where I started watching regularly. I've only experience the rise, nothing wrong with staying during our down years.

I watch because the Canucks are my home town team, or at least my home province.  I grew up in NE BC where most people cheered for AB teams as we were geographically more connected to AB than the rest of BC.  Since I moved to southern BC I've been a Canucks fan.  I love what they do in the community, I love almost all of the players both on and off the ice, mad respect for any pro athlete and the road they have traveled to get to the pinnacle of their sport.  I watch almost every Canucks game for all of the reasons listed in the poll, love seeing our team develop the kids, love the entertainment, and hope that they win, although as long as I see hard work and effort I am ok with losses.  All that being said, I recognize that it's still meant to be entertainment, my world isn't crushed by what the Canucks do or don't do.  I see much bigger more important things going on in the world.  I'd say the Canucks are a bit of an escape from reality for me.  As is checking in on CDC.  Pure entertainment, I try not to react to posts I don't agree with as we're all fans and entitled to our opinions, and not always going to agree with each other.  

All three for me too.

If I had to choose, its to watch them win. I can't believe it is #3 in the poll.  Generally, over the course of the season, it is to get that glimpse of the future. But if you are asking, once I sit down, turn on the tube, and the puck drops?...Its to watch them win the game. Nothing better especially winning against Calgary, Edmonton, Chicago, Boston, and the California teams.  It is impossible to be a tanker watching the game.

23 hours ago, debluvsburrows said:

Where's the "it's in my blood" option?

This this and this.^^^^^^^^^

My earliest memories of my grandparents were listening to the Canucks on the radio.  Dennis Kearns was her favourite player.  We used to leaf through all the yearly team booklets.  As kids we'd laugh at the pictures.  

As a Vancouverite away from home... over 9 years now.  The Canucks are what I associate with Vancouver.  They are the heart and soul of Vancouver, BC, and ultimately for me being Canadian.  It connects me with home, connects me with hockey, and connects me with Canada.

*&@! I miss Canada... 

23 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

I watch because I'm waiting for a Canuck to score five goals in a game and have a fan with a "chance" at winning a million bucks. 

Can you imagine if someone actually scored 5 goals and then Safeway didn't give the person a million dollars?

I'd spend the rest of my life attempting to collapse the chain.

I watch because it’s my team. I only wear these colours when it comes to any sports team.

But this year in particular my focus is on Boeser because he’s the real deal, Stecher because he’s smart, skilled, and bound to build off last year,

Markstrom v Nilsson because I’m a goalie guy,

and Bo because it’s his time to take over the leadership role.

I find Burmistrov intriguing too. I will admit I only knew him by name before this season, but I like his style so far.

1 hour ago, mephnick said:

Can you imagine if someone actually scored 5 goals and then Safeway didn't give the person a million dollars?

I'd spend the rest of my life attempting to collapse the chain.

I don't know if its just a legal formality. I think in Canada you have to have some kind of skill testing question in order to receive such a prize. So it might be just a 2 + 2 kind of question. But yeah, if they threw out a... square root of 2574 - number of years Canucks have been in the league x how many Canucks have worn the #10 and do it in 2 minutes....GO!  I'd burn a few stores to the ground.

Archived