The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

On 4/26/2018 at 4:34 PM, Hugor Hill said:

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 4 - Dead/10

FTWD is infected with the Scott Gimple disease. The Gimple disease has previously infected and almost killed TWD. Now it's Fear's turn.

fear-the-walking-dead-season-3-cci-key-art-nick-dillane-madison-dickens-1200x707.thumb.jpg.b1584444c114381a2fc571cde9445ed5.jpg

There aren't that many characters on that show in which I have a lot of interest, and as it has gone on most of them aren't part of the main storyline or they have been killed off. 

I figure that if something moderately interesting comes on during the same time slot then I'm done with this show.

regards,  G.

The Expanse, based on the James Corey books (which I have just started reading).

I figure that if I had a choice between watching this series, or the new Trek, and never seeing the other then Trek never touches my screen.

regards,  G.

2 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Trek never touches my screen

Smart.

Huge Trek fan. But the new show isn’t Star Trek. Star Trek has always been more about science-fiction. The new show abandoned that and is a 100% science-drama. The older shows were about the Federation working to be greater than they were. To achieve their potential and work together. The new show has unlikeable characters who don’t trust each other and are awful people.

8 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

The Expanse, based on the James Corey books (which I have just started reading).

I figure that if I had a choice between watching this series, or the new Trek, and never seeing the other then Trek never touches my screen.

regards,  G.

Oddly, I think you will find the books simpler than the show.

6 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Oddly, I think you will find the books simpler than the show.

I have heard that "The Expanse" (the book series) is based upon a MMORPG that never went anywhere, so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if it was thin on plot in some places.

regards,  G.

On 2018-05-01 at 11:18 PM, Hugor Hill said:

The 100 - every season after Season 1 - bad-ass/10

Too bad it didn't start well trying to sell to younger people in season 1, or else it would be a lot more popular. This show is brutal.

Red_Queen_-_3.thumb.jpg.fea0e3a687b5beb7aed3020a9d390035.jpg

Primafaiya! Lmao what’s with the nonsense language. Makes it more corny than it already is. 

On 2018-05-01 at 9:18 PM, Hugor Hill said:

The 100 - every season after Season 1 - bad-ass/10

Too bad it didn't start well trying to sell to younger people in season 1, or else it would be a lot more popular. This show is brutal.

Red_Queen_-_3.thumb.jpg.fea0e3a687b5beb7aed3020a9d390035.jpg

Everything after season two gets really far fetched.Props for it being shot in the Lower Mainland.didnt like the contorversy over clark being percieved as a lesbian.

8 hours ago, EuroCanuck said:

Primafaiya! Lmao what’s with the nonsense language. Makes it more corny than it already is. 

Apparently they hired the same guy who came up with the Game of Thrones languages. It's a morph from ghetto speak. It oddly make sense when you think about it.

5 hours ago, Violator said:

Everything after season two gets really far fetched.Props for it being shot in the Lower Mainland.didnt like the contorversy over clark being percieved as a lesbian.

Bi.

On 2018-05-07 at 7:14 AM, Hugor Hill said:

Apparently they hired the same guy who came up with the Game of Thrones languages. It's a morph from ghetto speak. It oddly make sense when you think about it.

Bi.

The girls in the show ohh my god. eliza taylor is a stunner.

American Dad - 8.5/10

I love this show, love the characters.  Way funnier than Family Guy(yes I know it's created by the same person).  Few shows actually make me laugh anymore but this one does no problem.  I notice it's not on the Fox Sunday night lineup anymore(replaced by Bob's Burgers which is the suxxorz) but they air it on Much and it seems to be more crass than before. 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:14 AM, Hugor Hill said:

Bi.

Cya!

The Last Man on Earth has been cancelled :( 

The season/series finale ended with a clear “What’s next?” that it really needs an online distributor (ie: Netflix, Amazon Prime) to bring it back for at least one more season.

• Cheers 1

On 2018-05-10 at 5:57 PM, Monty said:

The Last Man on Earth has been cancelled :( 

The season/series finale ended with a clear “What’s next?” that it really needs an online distributor (ie: Netflix, Amazon Prime) to bring it back for at least one more season.

Brooklyn 99 was saved by NBC, but I don't see last man on earth being brought back by network TV. It was never really that style of comedy to begin with. More like something you'd find on FX or even HBO.

Hopefully some outlet decides to save the show.

Edited by g_bassi13

The Tick 

I haven't finished the last 3 episodes yet, but it's been really enjoyable. One of the first online streaming original show that I've enjoyed, really. I mean I enjoyed Kimmy Schmidt and Stranger Things fine enough for a short but they both had their second seasons suck any fun out of watching them. More accurate to say that the tick is the only online show I'm currently enjoying. But then again it hasn't had its second season yet.

I like the dry humour, and this version has that light parody charm that the tick does.

Edited by g_bassi13

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Last season of The Office not quite doing it for me. No longer feeling urgency to binge.

It went downhill once Steve Carrell left. It’s not so much that it hinges solely on him, as Robert California was a great character. The problem, for me, was Ed Helms. Awful character he became in the show. Early on as the guy who lost his marbles was pretty good. This was actually one of my favourite quotes from the show:

BBA37AE0-1345-4A48-858C-34AC6F5DB606.gif

• Like 2