The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

I think if Miller had been here he would have beat the cr-p out of the Twins by now. :lol:

We would fare better with two cardboard cut outs on the ice, at least they would maybe check occasionally and wouldn't give up silly penalties. 

Have to say they have been ok this season for what they are. 

With all the injuries they are getting exposed and their minutes going up. Recipe for disaster. 

The loss og Bo and Sutter are massive in that respect 

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

soo... i found out why Green was so fiery with Paterson lol.  Half of the last pat cast was him and botch criticizing Greens post game comments from all the games lol. it goes on for a good 15-20 minutes lol.  recommend checking it out if u want some background on his intensity towards JPat lol.  the podcast was recorded the day after the Calgary loss and a day before last night's game.

Just now, 73 Percent said:

When he has the space he can literally point to where he's going to shoot and the goalie can't do anything to stop it from going in.

To me, Boeser's arrival has already made the season worth watching. As long as those stupid Golden Shower Knights don't go far in the playoffs, I'm happy.

Biega > Hutton, love how he attacks and hits.

Great to see Boeser back, wicked shot to beat Price top shelf

Great to see Vanek get a hatty (4 points). Really good player.

The Canucks are allowing way too many goals lately. This month, games lost against WPG (5-1), NSH (7-1), CGY (6-1) and MTL (7-5), adds up to 25 goals against in 4 games. Is Demko almost ready?  

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Biega > Hutton, love how he attacks and hits.

Great to see Boeser back, wicked shot to beat Price top shelf

Great to see Vanek get a hatty (4 points). Really good player.

The Canucks are allowing way too many goals lately. This month, games lost against WPG (5-1), NSH (7-1), CGY (6-1) and MTL (7-5), adds up to 25 goals against in 4 games. Is Demko almost ready?  

noooo Nucker!  keep Demko away from this hot mess.  Imagine the kid getting lit up with shots with this team in front of him.  Id bring him up with about 10 games to go to give him a taste and to get a sense of where he is at.   You could crush the kids confidence otherwise.

32 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Seriously?  Lol, Carr looks pretty good. Would certainly improve the Canucks. 

20 games in the AHL for Carr this season.  He was just recalled recently and has only played 8 games - he has 9pts.  

14 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

soo... i found out why Green was so fiery with Paterson lol.  Half of the last pat cast was him and botch criticizing Greens post game comments from all the games lol. it goes on for a good 15-20 minutes lol.  recommend checking it out if u want some background on his intensity towards JPat lol.  the podcast was recorded the day after the Calgary loss and a day before last night's game.

Fattersack and Crotchburn are such insipid little toads. They should be banned from post game scrums altogether. I hope Fattersuck gets stuck in an elevator again, for a week.

2 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

noooo Nucker!  keep Demko away from this hot mess.  Imagine the kid getting lit up with shots with this team in front of him.  Id bring him up with about 10 games to go to give him a taste and to get a sense of where he is at.   You could crush the kids confidence otherwise.

Yes, you're probably right, this team's defense is pretty poor at times. Goalies are being hung out to dry. I guess with Gudbranson, he'll want top dollar, but hasn't shown he's worth top dollar. I expect they'll trade him at the TDL. I'm not sure Juolevi will be ready next year either. Would be amazing to come out of next years 1st round with Dahlin/Merkley/Boqvist and Kotkaniemi. Get us another 1st Jim!

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes, you're probably right, this team's defense is pretty poor at times. Goalies are being hung out to dry. I guess with Gudbranson, he'll want top dollar, but hasn't shown he's worth top dollar. I expect they'll trade him at the TDL. I'm not sure Juolevi will be ready next year either. Would be amazing to come out of next years 1st round with Dahlin/Merkley/Boqvist and Kotkaniemi. Get us another 1st Jim!

Where is everyone getting the idea that Gudbranson is going to hold the team ransom? He looked pretty decent yesterday, making solid tape to tape outlet passes, and consistently taking his man, while the other four players in Canucks colors failed in their coverage.

If Gudbranson is asking for $5M+ a season, then Jim really has no choice but to do his best to maximize a return on Guddy in a trade. I agree with that sentiment. I just hope that Jim has a plan on acquiring some size and unfriendly demeanor to the defense this offseason.

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

He's played on $&!# teams whose better players were often up with the big team so those stats aren't the end all and be all. He's the reason Utica is even competitive on many nights.  

Yeah and the Canucks are a $%&# team right now. Do you really want Demko up here having 5-6 odd man rushes against a game and giving up 4-5 goals a night? Until the Canucks can stay healthy and figure out what their defensive "identity" is, Demko is better off working out his pro game in Utica for another couple of seasons.

Archived