The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I watched this flick backwards..about a guy who gives up violence & drugs, then takes a job as a dishwasher to go visit Cuba. Epic!

If someone put the scenes in reverse order I'd watch that, otherwise it would be weird watching bullets come out of people, and blew drugs OUT of their nose

2 minutes ago, Davathor said:

If someone put the scenes in reverse order I'd watch that, otherwise it would be weird watching bullets come out of people, and blew drugs OUT of their nose

some stand-up had a funny spiel about watching flicks backwards(forget who..long ago). He said Jaws was about a shark that keeps puking up bodies 'til they open the beach!

:^)

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Vanek was golden. On fire. Deserved the first star

Boeser is a legitimate NHL sniper. His assist to Vanek was precise as well. 

Biega was a mace on a chain. Just played a complete game physically. His hits were hard and plentiful. Gudbranson was decent for a first game back. Took his man solidly on goals, while the Sedins and Virtanen froze in place. 

Edler was decent, it was Stecher that was sloppy. Del Zotto was alright, although he looks like his skates need sharpening. 

Nilsson is a backup. He was last year, and the year before that. No different. He's streaky as hell. Markstrom is too. 

Wasn't really a blowout, 12 goals were scored by two teams in one game. That be a fair bit. A veritable smantering of shots. A reckoning of wrist shots, a plethora of pucks. 

Montreal of all teams have no business scoring 7 on ya.   If they score 7 on ya, your goal tending have issues.

17 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So who's going to be their mentor when they finally get to the NHL? Backups? Give me a break get a true #1 until Demko is ready.

@AlwaysACanuckFan

Back up goalies can be very good mentors. They likely gone through a lot more adversity to get to the NHL then some of the starters and their experiences is just as valuable. Markstrom could be a good mentor for Demko as Markstrom would know how difficult it is to make it to the NHL and how hard he has to work until he even becomes a back up. Take Jonathan Quick in LA as an example, who were his mentors when he first stepped into the NHL? On the year that Quick starts playing full time in the NHL, Erik Ersberg and Jason Labarbara were the only other 2 goalies on roster. None of them are starters really. Plus the Canucks got Dan Cloutier as their goaltending coach, and Demko's favourite goalie growing up was Cloutier and he could learn a lot from a guy like Cloutier too. People will make fun Cloutier and bring up how he got scored on from center ice by Lidstrom, but he was a quality NHL goalie (atleast in the regular season) for many years. I am not too worried about mentorship with Demko, and if anything, we can sign a former NHL starter in the tail-end of his career as a back up to help him out if the team feels the strong need for mentorship. 

Archived