The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sigh, now we're worrying about a rookie when he may become a UFA 6 years from now?  :wacko:

Boeser will get a short bridge deal, then will be locked up for the max 8 years for big coin.  He already has ND teammate Stecher here along plus his good friend Gaudette coming in, and will be a leader and major piece of the new core as the team starts its upswing.

i seriuosly doubt boeser gets a bridge deal you sign him 8 yrs at 7 mill per   hes worth the money  basically  that contract takes him to 29 yrs old   with multiple cups in 2-3 yrs a hart and multiple richard trophies 

4 hours ago, Cromeslab said:

I hate seeing Barzal in the plays of the month

why barzal is awesome hes had 2 five point games i wanted canucks to get another top ten pick that yr via trades to grab him so funny that bruins didnt pick this kid up hes a stud. Dont get me wrong boeser is amazing as well 

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

why barzal is awesome hes had 2 five point games i wanted canucks to get another top ten pick that yr via trades to grab him so funny that bruins didnt pick this kid up hes a stud. Dont get me wrong boeser is amazing as well 

I thought he was a top 10 talent in his draft year and when Boston wiffed on 3 picks in a row I was sad cuz Edmonton got a gift but they traded the pick for Griffin freaking Reinhart lol. Which is almost as bad as Boston striking out. I wish Benning traded for that pick. Walk away from that draft with Barzal and Boeser. However maybe if he does there’s no guarantee Benning doesn’t just take Boeser earlier or in the trade involves our 1rst rounder and we don’t have Boeser at all.

13 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I thought he was a top 10 talent in his draft year and when Boston wiffed on 3 picks in a row I was sad cuz Edmonton got a gift but they traded the pick for Griffin freaking Reinhart lol. Which is almost as bad as Boston striking out. I wish Benning traded for that pick. Walk away from that draft with Barzal and Boeser. However maybe if he does there’s no guarantee Benning doesn’t just take Boeser earlier or in the trade involves our 1rst rounder and we don’t have Boeser at all.

ya boston and oilers  soo bad at dafting its hilarious  suckers 

4 hours ago, billabong said:

I know we won BUT I’m a canucks fan so I’m naturally gonna focus on the negatives...

Would like to see virtanen in ot.

His straight away speed should make it a no brainer to have him out there

green is babying him along with his time and different situations which is good for him but to get more production from him I’d like to see him in front of the net on the pp as well

Virtanen is not really the guy that plants himself in front of the net and battles for position.  He mostly just takes the puck and storms down the wing.  He seems to be better in situations where he can just use his speed and not think. 

About a year ago McKenzie on his podcast was talking Virtanen.  He says that the Canucks were aware that Virtanen had limited hockey sense when they drafted him but thought his physical tools would compensate.  He says anything beyond straight lines is challenging for him.  Ferraro was talking a couple of months back about how he is overwhelmed when things get more complex.  It feels unfair to put him in a situation where he has to think and try and read plays. 

1 hour ago, mll said:

Virtanen is not really the guy that plants himself in front of the net and battles for position.  He mostly just takes the puck and storms down the wing.  He seems to be better in situations where he can just use his speed and not think. 

About a year ago McKenzie on his podcast was talking Virtanen.  He says that the Canucks were aware that Virtanen had limited hockey sense when they drafted him but thought his physical tools would compensate.  He says anything beyond straight lines is challenging for him.  Ferraro was talking a couple of months back about how he is overwhelmed when things get more complex.  It feels unfair to put him in a situation where he has to think and try and read plays. 

He's our new David Booth. :o

6 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Really missed Danny tonight.  

Is that you Henrik?

Seriously, I don't know why.

Not having his Twin to pass to and make him look good showed us exactly what we are getting now for our $7m. and imo it's not much. It confirmed what I have been saying, they need each other to look good and they need to retire this year.

9 hours ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Boeser needs a break. 

We can't forget that the workload this year is way bigger than anything he's had before. 

You're right and he is also the one carrying the weight of scoring since Sutter, Bo and Sven went down. He will get a 5 day break now though.

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ya boston and oilers  soo bad at dafting its hilarious  suckers 

Might want to check out how many young players are contributing on the Bruins right now before talking about Boston’s drafting. 

10 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

to be honest I'm a little worried he will decide to leave us when his UFA time comes.  OF course that's his right, but worried.  I really like Boeser.  Kids always smilin and so humble and professional.

should be back by the end of the month . 

How many years before that will be an issue?

Once he has been here a few years, and we become a better team, he may and probably will feel, this is his team. Pay him what he is worth, when the time comes and I'd say there's better than an average chance of him staying.

Agree he is the poster boy of every mothers dream son-in-law... An absolute gem. And a real team player.....

11 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

Seemed Jake was the only forward hitting tonight. Dowd was at least gritty but the rest were typically shinnying their way around the rink. I hope Benning fixes this for next year. Starting with a couple of big FAs from Sedin cap space.

If they don't bring speed - it's the Wild.  

The Wild have some big bodies but they are mostly teddy bears so they traded for Foligno and signed him 2.9 x 4 years.  Big fail.  They can probably squeak in the playoffs but going on a run - unlikely.  The teams around them got faster and they are too slow to keep up.  The Wild were a fast team but not anymore with how quickly other teams improved their speed.

4 hours ago, mll said:

he's also just a kid who came into the league pretty immature. He's having the season now most hoped he would have had his first year here. I'm not buying Ray's "analysis" tbh, Jake has improved a lot defensively and you can't be unaware and do that. I can't remember the last time I heard Ferarro say something interesting, other than when he didn't know who Gadjovich was during the WJs. 

I'd like to see a 2 year extension for Jake and see what more Green can do with him in that time before we make the call that he can't read plays, it will come. Some guys just need more time. 

Archived