The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

The first part of your statement and the second part do not relate.

Would a 6-8 game win streak put us back in the playoff race? Yeah.

Should we count a healthy Canucks team out of contention? Yeah.

In his second premise, he is saying he "wouldn't" count a healthy Canucks team out of playoff contention.

1 hour ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Hopefully JB is working on a low-ball contract for him. I have a feeling he's going to be an instrumental part of the team by the end of the season. He's getting really good at faceoffs, and his defensive game is sparkling.

How about just a fair contract if Dowd really helps the team moving forward?

24 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

We could squeak in if we get Dahlin and sign a Top 6 F. Which both are not likely.

Dahlin will take time to develop and make a difference. He'll be a bottom pairing Dman to start and hopefully top 4 in his second year. 

I know we won BUT I’m a canucks fan so I’m naturally gonna focus on the negatives...

Would like to see virtanen in ot.

His straight away speed should make it a no brainer to have him out there

green is babying him along with his time and different situations which is good for him but to get more production from him I’d like to see him in front of the net on the pp as well

32 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

He is important to this team in the sense that he is better than Chaput and Dowd. But if you look at his stats, he basically kills possession and scoring chances for any linemates he has.

Keep on looking at his stats, champ. The rest of us will actually watch the game. 

7 minutes ago, billabong said:

I know we won BUT I’m a canucks fan so I’m naturally gonna focus on the negatives...

Would like to see virtanen in ot.

His straight away speed should make it a no brainer to have him out there

green is babying him along with his time and different situations which is good for him but to get more production from him I’d like to see him in front of the net on the pp as well

I don't know what else they can do with Virtanen honestly.  There were problems with his game which he seems to be working out.  The casualty of him having to have to think out there has been his physical play.  If we want him to bring both aspects of his game, I think the only thing we can do is give him time.  I have hopes that he can become the guy who they drafted.

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Whats funny is seeing the team win a game and then fans instantly start talking about playoffs....

People need to realize right now the chance of Canucks making the playoffs is less than 1 % 

Relax and enjoy the games.  Enjoy seeing the kids developing. 

Well hey, maybe we could go on a run the way Ottawa did a couple of years ago with the Hamburglar. We'd just make the playoffs and get instantly knocked out. Now wouldn't that be the orgasmic satisfaction folks around here are hoping for.

3 hours ago, mll said:

It felt like the Boeser line was hemmed a lot in their own zone.  The 2nd period where they were just stuck in their end - Gagner's shift was 3:25.  Boeser and Vanek 2:42.

What this impressed me the most is they were hemmed in the zone without taking a penalty or did not allow any goal against them during this long shift and most often, if it happened to other line that were hemmed in, they take a penalty or allowed a goal.  

4 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

What this impressed me the most is they were hemmed in the zone without taking a penalty or did not allow any goal against them during this long shift and most often, if it happened to other line that were hemmed in, they take a penalty or allowed a goal.  

Yea it’s good they didn’t take a penalty but this line lacks speed and in today’s nhl that’s huge. Need Boeser back with Bo and Baer.

1 minute ago, The Great 8 said:

Yea it’s good they didn’t take a penalty but this line lacks speed and in today’s nhl that’s huge. Need Boeser back with Bo and Baer.

I would expect Gagner to sit and Horvat to take over when he comes back.  Plays die when Gagner touches the puck most often than not.  I'd keep Boeser and Vanek together and have Bo joining that line.  Too many line combinations possibilities if the Sedin were to be split up.  They scored a goal without Daniel so yeah.  

The Canucks, with all their faults are a playoff contending team if they have a full line-up.  If Baertschi, Sutter and Tanev didn't miss any time and if Horvat wasn't injured.... it's safe to say that the team could have pulled out an additional 4-5 wins in the last months.  Add an additional 8-10 points and the Canucks would be in the mix for the wild cards.  

Once you're in the playoffs.... not saying they will go far... but you just never know.  Plus playoff experience would be gold for the younger players.  

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Brandon Sutter is much more important to this team than many fans realize. 

........Especially this year when he's had a defined role. Under Willy D Sutter was lost and looked like a bad contract. THis year under coach Green he has been very good, too bad he got injured. 

2 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

The first part of your statement and the second part do not relate.

Would a 6-8 game win streak put us back in the playoff race? Yeah.

Should we count a healthy Canucks team out of contention? Yeah.

2 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

We could squeak in if we get Dahlin and sign a Top 6 F. Which both are not likely.

Dry off that wet blanket, Sant.  

Team can’t sustain prolonged Horvat/Sutter injuries but is much better than you’re giving them credit for.  

Archived