The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: FLORIDA PANTHERS VS VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Bo fan

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

The list is a bit random for me. Dahlen is rank ahead of Demko. I still think Demko is the better prospect out of the two. And how the heck does a 9 point in 25 AHL games Alex Nylander rank ahead of Adam Gaudette? Dube made the list but Lind didn't though Lind put up better stats on the same WHL team. It just seems too random and he tries to include atleast 1 prospect from each NHL team.

Doesnt look like they did their homework...THN is ranked OJ ahead of Boeser every year...wonder if they are right?  We'd be set if they are.

31 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Doesnt look like they did their homework...THN is ranked OJ ahead of Boeser every year...wonder if they are right?  We'd be set if they are.

Lol ... I hope they're right.

Brock is probably the best hockey player in history. That would make OJ even better?! DYNASTY?! 

This season was a write off in most fans mind...however, the team was doing better than expected before the injuries to Bo, Baer, Sutter and Gud happened.

With these players back healthy...hopefully they can start winning up to the TDL, then make some trades to get more prospects and/ or picks. After, the TDL, bring in the young guns and play JV more to see where these guys are in their development by giving them more minutes. If they keep winning, then this is a bonus because they've improved their prospect and draft pick pool plus they are still winning...if they don't win, then they can make adjustments in the off-season to improve this team and get a better chance at a higher draft pick.

It would be great if Gagner gets picked up by a team in order to give the younger guys like Pettersson, Gaudette, Dahlen a chance to make the team next year...two more years of Gagner will seem a long time.

LE's contract makes him untradeable; however, he will be a useful defensive player while the young guys grow....Gagner on the other hand, is a liability defensively.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Lemme tell ya something, these young kids here the Canucks have, love 'em.  Boeser, great shot. Horvat, future captain I'm telling ya (should be right now, if you ask me).  Woulda liked to see Lalongo in there tonight against his old team and all that, but that age thing there, it catches up with ya.  I remember back with Terry O'Reilly (great guy) one time against the Flyers, this guy comes up and says to him... no wait, hold on, back to the game -- you're getting me off-track here.  How much time we have?  Yeah so anyhow, they go and trade away Bietska (super guy, tough, shoulda won the Norris), but they're still hanging on to the Sundins.  I don't get it.  Trade away heart and soul with that guy, but you still got them two in there, barely 10 minutes per game, when you're supposed to be rebuilding.  What's going on?  You can't have that.  Jim Benning, doing a great job, but he's gotta get in there and tell the owners to move on.  Let the Sundins retire, give them the big ceremony and all that, and let the kids play!  Let's go!

cherrydancing.gif

1 hour ago, apollo said:

What's awful about a list that has an elite Swedish superstar to be as #1? 

I wish he was our player... :(

oh WAIT!

So next year he and Demko, maybe even OJ make the team and the prospect pool is decimated. Not so many top level prospects if even 3 make the team.

13 minutes ago, Pete M said:

With these players back healthy...hopefully they can start winning up to the TDL, then make some trades to get more prospects and/ or picks. After, the TDL, bring in the young guns and play JV more to see where these guys are in their development by giving them more minutes. If they keep winning, then this is a bonus because they've improved their prospect and draft pick pool plus they are still winning...if they don't win, then they can make adjustments in the off-season to improve this team and get a better chance at a higher draft pick.

Purely based on percentages the Canucks should win 13 more games this season as they are.

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

So next year he and Demko, maybe even OJ make the team and the prospect pool is decimated. Not so many top level prospects if even 3 make the team.

the good thing is they would be on the team and pushing the AHL players, and old guys out.

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

So Daniel Sedin just said that dump and chase is the way this team has to play to be successful. Essentially he said dump the puck in other teams zone and wait for them to make and take advantage of their mistakes. I think that means "dumb" the game down and don't rely on puck possession.

That's like playing "Go Fetch" with Jake I guess.

WTG Hutton Wink "I tell ya boy that Hutton Wink he's a keeper"

10 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I'm not sure I would call the prospect pool decimated. I mean, wiithout the top 3 that you mention there are still a few players to get excited about. Name any team in the league that has more than 3 top prospects not playing in the NHL.

Lind

Gadjovich

Palmu

Lockwood

Gaudette

Dahlen

Goldobin

7 minutes ago, 420BEAR said:

I'm not sure I would call the prospect pool decimated. I mean, wiithout the top 3 that you mention there are still a few players to get excited about. Name any team in the league that has more than 3 top prospects not playing in the NHL.

Lind

Gadjovich

Palmu

Lockwood

Gaudette

Dahlen

Goldobin

Plus this year's draft...And maybe Archibald, boucheretc And with the need to only add one or two per year going forward we have some depth.   Besides, if the kids are ready, why would we want to leave any in the ahl or Europe so we can watch a bunch of placeholders?

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

This season was a write off in most fans mind...however, the team was doing better than expected before the injuries to Bo, Baer, Sutter and Gud happened.

It would be great if Gagner gets picked up by a team in order to give the younger guys like Pettersson, Gaudette, Dahlen a chance to make the team next year...two more years of Gagner will seem a long time.

LE's contract makes him untradeable; however, he will be a useful defensive player while the young guys grow....Gagner on the other hand, is a liability defensively.

Almost done one more year on L.E.s contract...i.wasnt happy when we signed Gagne, mostly because he's burned me twice in fantasy hockey, his contract is palatable.  Sure their will be a collective sigh of relief when both of them are done

Have Trocheck in my pool. He is an absolute fantasy beast. Ranked 10th overall in a league that counts SOG HITS and BLOCKS plus the usual scoring stats. Here's hoping for a 7-4 Canucks win, with Vinny getting 2 PPG 2 PPA, 8 SOG, 5 HITS, 4 BLOCKS, 7 PIMS

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Lemme tell ya something, these young kids here the Canucks have, love 'em.  Boeser, great shot. Horvat, future captain I'm telling ya (should be right now, if you ask me).  Woulda liked to see Lalongo in there tonight against his old team and all that, but that age thing there, it catches up with ya.  I remember back with Terry O'Reilly (great guy) one time against the Flyers, this guy comes up and says to him... no wait, hold on, back to the game -- you're getting me off-track here.  How much time we have?  Yeah so anyhow, they go and trade away Bietska (super guy, tough, shoulda won the Norris), but they're still hanging on to the Sundins.  I don't get it.  Trade away heart and soul with that guy, but you still got them two in there, barely 10 minutes per game, when you're supposed to be rebuilding.  What's going on?  You can't have that.  Jim Benning, doing a great job, but he's gotta get in there and tell the owners to move on.  Let the Sundins retire, give them the big ceremony and all that, and let the kids play!  Let's go!

Good summary Don..here we have a hilite of a Swedish D-man getting his stick in the lane, as Wilson is about to fire it..What do ya think of that play, Don?

Archived