The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - VANCOUVER VS TAMPA BAY

Where'd Luongo?

11 minutes ago, apollo said:

I hate Steve Yzerman. Please beat his team. 

I would like to see Anders in net for this game. 

you get your wish on the Anders request - but I wouldn't hold my breath on beating the bolts

56 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Yet another game where we get to see how Brock, Jake, Bo, and the rest of the <25 club respond to a $&!# outing. Results don't matter, effort does.

If the vets continue to float, when do we start to question Green's coaching abilities? I want to see a FULL team effort tonight.

6 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

If the vets continue to float, when do we start to question Green's coaching abilities? I want to see a FULL team effort tonight.

Can't speak for we, but I don't question them at all. I was unsure of him prior to being immersed in his full time Canuckness, but I'm all aboard. 

Play of the aging vets didn't concern me at the start of the year, and it still doesn't.

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Can't speak for we, but I don't question them at all. I was unsure of him prior to being immersed in his full time Canuckness, but I'm all aboard. 

Play of the aging vets didn't concern me at the start of the year, and it still doesn't.

Some people want the Canucks to lose more to improve their draft position. Guess what? This is what it looks like.

Would people rather have the Canucks' best prospects be the reason why they're losing? The vets are taking the fall for most of the team's current shortcomings.

14 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

Green's coaching is fine. The vets need to be accountable for their floating. The majority have been in the league for a while, and should be putting in a far more consistent effort, and not relying on the coach to prod them.

4 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Some people want the Canucks to lose more to improve their draft position. Guess what? This is what it looks like.

Would people rather have the Canucks' best prospects be the reason why they're losing? The vets are taking the fall for most of the team's current shortcomings.

How are the vets taking the fall? I haven't heard a single interview where any of the vets shoulder the responsibility? I've heard a lot of "we" need to be better, but not "I" need to.

Markstrom has been very accountable in interviews shouldering his share of the load.

20 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

I like what Green's done for the most part but not in the 3rd period against Florida, a quick team, where he sat Gaunce and Jake, two of the fastest skaters on the team.

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

How are the vets taking the fall? I haven't heard a single interview where any of the vets shoulder the responsibility? I've heard a lot of "we" need to be better, but not "I" need to.

Markstrom has been very accountable in interviews shouldering his share of the load.

What I said was more in the sense that the vets are being blamed by other people for how poorly the team is doing. I never mentioned that the players themselves have said anything about it.

Gagner, Del Zotto, and the Sedins are examples of players who CDC are heaping most of the criticism on for the team's performance this season. I'd prefer that to having prospects be the focal point of those comments. 

19 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

This is what kills me about people who desire to see the vets held "acountable" for off nights, as if that will do anything other than add more pressure to a group in this market.

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

What I said was more in the sense that the vets are being blamed by other people for how poorly the team is doing. I never mentioned that the players themselves have said anything about it.

I think the main reason the team is where they are, is due to injuries. As well, the team is in transition, so anyone who's really upset by where they are needs to consider the context of the situation. I know that some are upset about another lost season, in what looks to them like an eternal rebuild.

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

Gagner, Del Zotto, and the Sedins are examples of players who CDC are heaping most of the criticism on for the team's performance this season. I'd prefer that to having prospects be the focal point of those comments. 

Gagner has floated for games at a time. That's a fact. If he was given a three year deal, he should be putting in a far more consistent effort than he has.

Del Zotto has been fairly consistent, at least to me. He leads the team in hits, and has been pretty solid.

The Sedins are 38 years old and clearly in the twilight of their career. I don't blame them for losses outright, more so the fact that they should accept reality and step aside so that the team can move on.

Others who get derided are:

Edler has been quite consistent this season, but should still be traded to a contender, if possible, to move into the next phase of the rebuild.

Gudbranson has not been an analytics darling, and has been blamed for the weakness of the defense disproportionately.

Eriksson has been pretty pathetic since being signed here. I wouldn't miss that guy for a second if he was traded.

The majority of the young players will need to eventually get used to the bipolar fan base and their "musings" without vets insulating from opinions and conjecture. Plenty of the players under 30 seem quite comfortable in front of the media.

15 minutes ago, Borderline Canuck said:

I like what Green's done for the most part but not in the 3rd period against Florida, a quick team, where he sat Gaunce and Jake, two of the fastest skaters on the team.

Gaunce's injured foot may have played a role

Archived