The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks recall Goldobin from Utica of AHL

Adarsh Sant

45 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so he stood out for a few shifts in a game where most of the team phoned it in? I haven't seen anything out of Boucher to make me think he's earned a spot over anyone in the top 9. Just my 2 cents. 

Speaks volumes a out our top 9.  

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Good time to get a good long look at these young prospects, about time

We really need to have a better idea of what we have in the cupboard.

Sit some Vets, some perhaps nursing injuries, play the young prospects and see what they do

it can't be any worse than what we are watching

and JB come on, pull the trigger make a trade

I hear you. I want to see what Holm has to offer . 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Time to play Goldy, and actually let him play.  Stop the over coaching, and let our kids free wheel.  We’re losing anyway, so why not let the fans see the kids flying around out there?  

Is there any way to send Ericsson down, even with his NMC?

Such a bang on statement, why do we overcoach highly skilled players. Let them succeed or fail at what they do best, this is the time to try.

Boston sent Beleskey down with a five year $19 million...

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Speaks volumes a out our top 9.  

at least last night :P I dunno, I don't see the big deal about Boucher, he's not fast, big, stellar defensively.... his shots OK but I don't think its close to Goldy's. I see him as Wellwood 2.0 and the rev isn't an upgrade. 

Pat Quinn had a long run of success with line combinations of  a grinder /banger with a playmaker and a finisher. Goldobin should be decent at the playmaker /finisher role but the new trend is stacking all the skill players in the top six and the bangers in the bottom. I would love to see the Canucks mix and match guys of the the different skill sets to enable bangers getting the puck to the playmaker /finisher types. We probably have too many smallish playmakers on the roster right now so JB and TL need to make some deals to change up the mix going forward, of course scoring finishers are hard to come by but nothing works if you lose too many puck battles.

Time to play Goldy, and actually let him play.  Stop the over coaching, and let our kids free wheel.  We’re losing anyway, so why not let the fans see the kids flying around out there?  

Interesting idea. He'd clear waivers. (If he didn't it would be a blessing).  It might be good for Loui, all said and done. He'd be embarrassed to be sent down, but would find himself with the potential to be even more embarrassed if he couldn't even shine on an AHL team either. So he'd probably put in more effort there than here just to prove his ability, and keep up with the kids. He might even get his game back and his confidence too. And also he'd have the fear of Green put into him going forward.

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

at least last night :P I dunno, I don't see the big deal about Boucher, he's not fast, big, stellar defensively.... his shots OK but I don't think its close to Goldy's. I see him as Wellwood 2.0 and the rev isn't an upgrade. 

Last night was his best showing but as you say, the rest of the team failed to launch.  Still...If good play is to be rewarded, he deserves some recognition in the way if deployment and icetime.  Green should have no trouble finding top 9 guys who's minutes should be cut.

22 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Interesting idea. He'd clear waivers. (If he didn't it would be a blessing).  It might be good for Loui, all said and done. He'd be embarrassed to be sent down, but would find himself with the potential to be even more embarrassed if he couldn't even shine on an AHL team either. So he'd probably put in more effort there than here just to prove his ability, and keep up with the kids. He might even get his game back and his confidence too. And also he'd have the fear of Green put into him going forward.

Still NMC this year.  Changes to NTC next two years, then modified (15-team list) in the last two.

NMC means "no movement", he can't be waived, yet. His sorry arse can be benched, but given the injuries he may as well just float around with the twins until we get some bodies back. No sense in putting any of our hopefulls with the former elite, now getting a cheque from Telus, guys...

Hey, if Loui does get put back with the twins we could call it "The Telus Line", or "The Swedish Postal Service"

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

NMC means "no movement", he can't be waived, yet. His sorry arse can be benched, but given the injuries he may as well just float around with the twins until we get some bodies back. No sense in putting any of our hopefulls with the former elite, now getting a cheque from Telus, guys...

Hey, if Loui does get put back with the twins we could call it "The Telus Line", or "The Swedish Postal Service"

or we could call them, the three great hockey players, whose skills have eroded over the years. 

49 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Anything is better than watching #21 pick his #$%#@& toenails for 2 years at 6 Million per

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Mailing it in.

12 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Using these

4474419550_46175b6b0b_z.jpg?zz=1

Archived