The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks recall Goldobin from Utica of AHL

Adarsh Sant

3 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

or we could call them, the three great hockey players, whose skills have eroded over the years. 

Bah! TWO legendary Canucks, best duo in Canucks history, whose decline has been steep and depressing.

Eriksson isn't old enough to be in age related decline, he just doesn't give a crap. Isn't it obvious, Joe? He won't finish checks, won't drive the net, doesn't ever break a sweat. Ahhh!

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Mailing it in.

That's what I was getting at. Some say "called it in", right or wrong, it is said. Hence "Telus Line".

But yes, they already licked the stamps for tomorrow. 

19 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

or we could call them, the three great hockey players, whose skills have eroded over the years. 

Two great canucks who have declined rapidly.  One player who structured his contract speed officially to allow him to ride comfortably into the sunset.  Eriksson and his agent hoodwinked JB and screwed this team and fan base.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Time to play Goldy, and actually let him play.  Stop the over coaching, and let our kids free wheel.  We’re losing anyway, so why not let the fans see the kids flying around out there?  

Is there any way to send Ericsson down, even with his NMC?

Goldy does not fly around.  I have become skeptical that he can stick in NHL.

It's a divided camp- I am all for letting Goldy play his game and see what he can do - and yes stick him with Boucher - they had great chemistry in Utica - can it translate to the NHL level - we'll never know unless we give them a chance. Not too certain who would be the ideal winger here though.

So either these kids show some promise at this level or package them in on some trade deal - and the trade dead line is fast approaching.

But we do need to see if any of these kids can make it at this level - next year could look just as bad as this if none of them can step it up.

Was watching the Toronto-Ottawa game and listening to the comentators talking about the teams that are looking at rebuilding - we aren't alone

Is he even getting in the line up or is he just up for the pressbox “reward”.

Prepare to flush the toilet and get rid of as many turds as possible at the TDL but like a low flow toilet one or two always seem to stick around. We’ll call them louie and gagme.

8 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

It's a divided camp- I am all for letting Goldy play his game and see what he can do - and yes stick him with Boucher - they had great chemistry in Utica - can it translate to the NHL level - we'll never know unless we give them a chance. Not too certain who would be the ideal winger here though.

So either these kids show some promise at this level or package them in on some trade deal - and the trade dead line is fast approaching.

But we do need to see if any of these kids can make it at this level - next year could look just as bad as this if none of them can step it up.

Was watching the Toronto-Ottawa game and listening to the comentators talking about the teams that are looking at rebuilding - we aren't alone

So weird. Ottawa one goal away from the finals last year. Now entering rebuild mode. At least they have some real good tradeable assets. 

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Bah! TWO legendary Canucks, best duo in Canucks history, whose decline has been steep and depressing.

Eriksson isn't old enough to be in age related decline, he just doesn't give a crap. Isn't it obvious, Joe? He won't finish checks, won't drive the net, doesn't ever break a sweat. Ahhh!

That's what I was getting at. Some say "called it in", right or wrong, it is said. Hence "Telus Line".

But yes, they already licked the stamps for tomorrow. 

your entitled to your opinion, but i have too much respect for all three to pass them off so comically. just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

your entitled to your opinion, but i have too much respect for all three to pass them off so comically. just my opinion.

I understand respecting the twins. I've got nothing but love for those two and I'm not mad at them for mailing it in lately. They've earned it and owe us nothing really. 

Played their entire careers as Canucks. Were the best line in the league and made magic happen around them for years. HOF worthy. But they're either incredibly tired, or just tired of playing...

But there's no excusing Loui Eriksson. Totally unacceptable play.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

NMC means "no movement", he can't be waived, yet. His sorry arse can be benched, but given the injuries he may as well just float around with the twins until we get some bodies back. No sense in putting any of our hopefulls with the former elite, now getting a cheque from Telus, guys...

Hey, if Loui does get put back with the twins we could call it "The Telus Line", or "The Swedish Postal Service"

Facebook friends of the NHL.

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Two great canucks who have declined rapidly.  One player who structured his contract speed officially to allow him to ride comfortably into the sunset.  Eriksson and his agent hoodwinked JB and screwed this team and fan base.

This is totally on JB 

11 minutes ago, richado said:

It's great our organization has reached the point where we have interesting prospects to call up and give a shot when roster players get injured. It's just been boring fillers for as long as I can remember, Megna being the most recent trauma.

I want to see some of the back end candidates like Chatfield, Brisebois and Holm...

Archived