The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks recall Goldobin from Utica of AHL

Adarsh Sant

I am glad Goldobin is getting the chance to succeed or fail on his own merits.

i Agee with the folks suggesting benching veterans.  We have gone from a skill peoblrm to lately having effort problems.

I regularly forget Erikkson is playing.  He isn’t snake bitten, he is the invisible man.  Having him sit for a stretch couldn’t hurt.

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Would love to see Goldobin play some prominent offensive minutes with Boucher.  They have some uncanny chemistry in Utica.  Would love to see them together ont he powerplay...Goldy's silky playmaking paired with Boucher's hard shot. 

no...this makes too much sense.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

This is totally on JB 

A GM could be fired for this contract alone...wonder how Boston is doing since JB and JC have left the Bruins?

5 hours ago, Odd. said:

What's the point? Green's going to play him 8-10 minutes with Dowd and Virtanen...

Anyone else thinking Hiring another coach with zero NHL experience with A chip on his shoulder maybe wasn't the right move? If hiring the coaches is TL,s department My op[inion is starting to sway to the side of people who want him gone. (not JB) Linden I'm sorry but he has done A terrible job, he lies to us quite A bit, and looks lost in the market that Vancouver is. Besides Stevie Y. For the most part, ex-employees do not make it running A franchise. Just ask the Oilers.And whats with this trend of hiring rooks? Last I looked Babs has the Leafs turned around in less than 3 years. and make no mistake Mathews or not He would have made competitors of what he had.

1 hour ago, xereau said:

How exactly has Goldobin changed since he was sent down?

Why is management doing this, now?

I saw Goldobin play last week and I would best describe it as spectating.  He was overhyped by our side and the media when we traded for.

55 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Anyone else thinking Hiring another coach with zero NHL experience with A chip on his shoulder maybe wasn't the right move? 

Other coaches have been hired out of the minors and succeeded. 

Green has a sad ass roster to ice. He's no miracle worker. Same with Desjardins, but the only difference was that Willie threw players under the bus.  

Ifhiring the coaches is TL,s department My op[inion is starting to sway to the side of people who want him gone. (not JB) Linden I'm sorry but he has done A terrible job, he lies to us quite A bit, and looks lost in the market that Vancouver is. Besides Stevie Y. For the most part, ex-employees do not make it running A franchise. Just ask the Oilers.And whats with this trend of hiring rooks? Last I looked Babs has the Leafs turned around in less than 3 years. and make no mistake Mathews or not He would have made competitors of what he had.

If it was a decision between Linden and Benning, I'd drop Linden like a sack of hammers. 

Benning has demonstrated knowledge and acumen for drafting that is hard to find. Linden? He's a great former captain and player, but his statements about the Sedins bely a sensitivity that doesn't aid or promote future growth for the team. 

It'll never come down to that, but Linden seems to evade criticism. Maybe it's the syncophantic portion of the fanbase that wants to vault certain players to a level of reverence. 

Linden is still the greatest captain in the history of the team. His selflessness, power, and stalwart leadership are second to none. 

Horvat will bring it home. 

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Other coaches have been hired out of the minors and succeeded. 

Green has a sad ass roster to ice. He's no miracle worker. Same with Desjardins, but the only difference was that Willie threw players under the bus.  

If it was a decision between Linden and Benning, I'd drop Linden like a sack of hammers. 

Benning has demonstrated knowledge and acumen for drafting that is hard to find. Linden? He's a great former captain and player, but his statements about the Sedins bely a sensitivity that doesn't aid or promote future growth for the team. 

Agree hasn't had much to work with, but the way he treats the rooks except Brock needs to be addressed. Jake is going to fade away from lack of confidence if something isn't done. Can anyone here say that Dowd Gaunce Erickson etc have played so much better that they get reg shifts through the whole game? Maybe it's just me but I wanna see what Jake can do. At least to either prove me wrong or right CHEERS great post as per usual

PS I look at LV besides in net we are the better team, they are mostly castoffs. Yet, Gallant, has them playing to there strengths To me that is A coach who has the room. When I went back and listened to the Daniel interview after A loss against TB. He said " I'm not sure why WE  were out there in the last 3 minutes I forget exactly what he said after that, but it was obvious he was talking more about the deployment as A whole rather than him and his Brother in that moment. When A guy like Dank speaks ill there is A problem, Whats your take?

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Time to play Goldy, and actually let him play.  Stop the over coaching, and let our kids free wheel.  We’re losing anyway, so why not let the fans see the kids flying around out there?  

Is there any way to send Ericsson down, even with his NMC?

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Waive L.E., that would be sending a message.  Nobody should be allowed a free ride to coast no matter the contract.  He wouldn't be picked up, he'd be the highest paid AHLer, but it wouldn't be the first time a teams done that either (see Redden NYR).   On Goldobin, this is exactly the time of year we should be playing these guys....Dahlen needs to make it over too.  Also yes give them some PP time, we already know what the Sedins can do, it's time to see what others can do facing similar assignments, the scoreboard has little significance other than a coaches record...Green wanted the job so he should be prepared to take a hit on his L column.  Next year things reset, but this season should now be about giving chances, including some of the peachy ozone starts and PP time.

Edit: Checked his contract, he can be waived starting next season, his NMC ends this year.  

5 hours ago, kilgore said:

Interesting idea. He'd clear waivers. (If he didn't it would be a blessing).  It might be good for Loui, all said and done. He'd be embarrassed to be sent down, but would find himself with the potential to be even more embarrassed if he couldn't even shine on an AHL team either. So he'd probably put in more effort there than here just to prove his ability, and keep up with the kids. He might even get his game back and his confidence too. And also he'd have the fear of Green put into him going forward.

5 hours ago, luckylager said:

NMC means "no movement", he can't be waived, yet. His sorry arse can be benched, but given the injuries he may as well just float around with the twins until we get some bodies back. No sense in putting any of our hopefulls with the former elite, now getting a cheque from Telus, guys...

Hey, if Loui does get put back with the twins we could call it "The Telus Line", or "The Swedish Postal Service"

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Anything is better than watching #21 pick his #$%#@& toenails for 2 years at 6 Million per

2 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

Give Erikssons minutes to Goldobin....while useless Eriksson watches from up top.

2 hours ago, Provost said:

I am glad Goldobin is getting the chance to succeed or fail on his own merits.

i Agee with the folks suggesting benching veterans.  We have gone from a skill peoblrm to lately having effort problems.

I regularly forget Erikkson is playing.  He isn’t snake bitten, he is the invisible man.  Having him sit for a stretch couldn’t hurt.

The whole “Loui Eriksson isn’t trying” take just isn’t true.

Loui Eriksson isn’t earning his contract.  Loui Eriksson isn’t scoring enough for what he is being paid. Those are fair and true.

His effort is fine and actually pretty good considering he’s not being featured in an offensive role.  He’s also just under .5 PPG, which while not good enough is at least something, considering what else he’s contributing.

His +\- is only behind Tanev, Bo, Sutter and Gaunce.  

His Corsi is only behind the Twins and that’s with 25% less Ozone starts. 

The most blocked shots out of any forward.

3rd highest PK minutes of any forward behind Sutter and Granny.

There are legitimate criticisms to levy towards Eriksson without fabricating a narrative that he’s an overpaid floater. He’s underachieving but not slacking off, nor should he be in any risk of getting scratched.  Honesty, he’s a great option to play alongside Gaudette to end the year. 

His contract is another issue, and as much as I like JB that’s on him not the player.

9 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Agree hasn't had much to work with, but the way he treats the rooks except Brock needs to be addressed. Jake is going to fade away from lack of confidence if something isn't done. 

Nah. Jake and Travis have great communication. Green has stated to the press (aka scumbags) that young players can't be given up on early. 

Cananyone here say that Dowd Gaunce Erickson etc have played so much better that they get reg shifts through the whole game? Maybe it's just me but I wanna see what Jake can do. At least to either prove me wrong or right CHEERS great post as per usual

Green sees something special in Virtanen. He knows what ferocious damage Jake can do if guided and coached properly. Dowd? He's a toss off from the Kings. Eriksson? A near useless overpaid slacker. Gaunce? Same as Virtanen. Both have been benched. 

Consider for a second that Green may have benched Gaunce and Virtanen for their own good to prevent them from being ruined by the pathetic veteran presence. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Nah. Jake and Travis have great communication. Green has stated to the press (aka scumbags) that young players can't be given up on early. 

Green sees something special in Virtanen. He knows what ferocious damage Jake can do if guided and coached properly. Dowd? He's a toss off from the Kings. Eriksson? A near useless overpaid slacker. Gaunce? Same as Virtanen. Both have been benched. 

Consider for a second that Green may have benched them for their own good to prevent them from being ruined by the pathetic veteran presence. 

Once again I defer to you, my friend. I just get pissed when Jake fans like me are crapped on constantly. I figured Give him A shot and let's see If that is next year so be it.

Archived