The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

3 hours ago, Brouhaha said:

Okay. I managed to make it throughout this whole ordeal without full on crying, but this had me going. We've all seen the video of them giving the puck to Dorsett, but in this one you can actually see the guy crying. That's where I LOST IT. 

Seeing Dorsette get the game puck was just unreal : D Those Twins are Gold !

5 hours ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Seeing Dorsette get the game puck was just unreal : D Those Twins are Gold !

A final two tears for the twins and dors.  Good way to start my morning.  Loved them giving him the puck! very memorable.

These guys are such gems.

I really wish they had won it all back then...

It's good to see them getting the respect they always deserved from the rest of the league upon retirement, better late than never I suppose.

Maybe it was just envy all along, the reason for the lack of respect from the rest of the league.

Very few players in the league matched their production since the lockout.

Such a treat.

i was listening to the arizona game on the radio. as exciting as the game was, my attention must have wandered for a moment, because when i heard the play-by-play guy call the overtime goal it took me a moment to realize that it was an actual play, not an audio replay of an earlier goal.

as the realization took hold i leaned back in my chair, tilted my head back, closed my eyes and laughed ... and the laughter squeezed out the tears that had been right at the surface since hearing the news of the twins' retirement. just had to share with others who "get it" ... my family and friends would think i was just silly.

would have loved 1, or even 2 more years, but when i think of all the birthdays, etc. that they have missed i am fine with their decision. children grow up in the blink of an eye.

thanks for the memories, guys. you put on a GREAT show.

13 hours ago, Baggins said:

I'm really glad I took the time to listen to that interview.

Doan is the utmost in class himself, and his comments are priceless - not just polite accolades - they're sincere and accurate - and from the perspective of a great, hard working, talented, longstanding leader who was tough as nails.

Maybe the best account of how and why they were successful that I've heard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived