The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

45 minutes ago, guntrix said:

This always happens when we draft a top prospect though. Everyone wants to see him on the team now

It's not about the team right now, especially since we're stilll rebuilding. It's about what's best for the player. Michigan is a top development program in league that's been producing top talent lately. We shouldn't spoil that because we want a shiny new toy. 

I completely agree. But I think in this case he looks "almost" if not NHL ready... he's already been on the US men's roster to boot. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I don't agree with that. There's a reason why a lot of us are debating whether or not he should turn pro. We've never had a player that we drafted that could start in the NHL the same fall since ever. It doesn't always happen, I would like you to name one player that we drafted that even had this kind of discussion?

When his family thinks that going back to Michigan is "worst" case scenario, I think that tells you a lot on how ready Hughes is to turn pro. I'm not suggesting he plays in Vancouver, I think the best place for him is Utica.

Our current Team President comes to mind :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

He's also already dominated NCAA hockey as the youngest player. Could be a good time to go pro in Utica or Vancouver.

Yeah, hard to see how much further he is going to develop playing against players who are not as good as he is already.

4 hours ago, Screw said:

I hope he uses a low number.  I dislike the weird high numbers. What low ones are available right now?

I don't understand why so many people dislike high numbers.  I'd say that I remember players' numbers better being higher numbers than lower numbers because that makes their number more unique.

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I don't understand why so many people dislike high numbers.  I'd say that I remember players' numbers better being higher numbers than lower numbers because that makes their number more unique.

If they can back it up I don't mind but seeing guys like Ho-Sang wear 66 is :picard:

15 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

If they can back it up I don't mind but seeing guys like Ho-Sang wear 66 is :picard:

Ho-Sang said he wears it because he likes Lemieux. I don't see a problem there. They should just retire his jersey around the league if it's going to be a problem. 

• Upvote 2

Quinn needs to go back to NCAA for his second year & Show Jack the ropes for his first year of NCAA.

Jack ripped it up in the US under 18 year.

Put the 2 together & the will be a lot of Sedin like symmetry with Quinn setting up a dynamic Jack.

His numbers should jump from his strong freshman numbers

This will help with the tank.

• Wat 1

34 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

For me it is more classy.  My perception is the the classic numbers fit into a team environment/mentality.  High numbers come across as a statement about individualism.  Nothing wrong witht that but it is, in every way, a team sport.   Again, just my opion or taste.  High numbers are fine.  

• Cheers 1

If Hughes wants to make the Canucks he will kick down the door. I think he will.

I believe Gadjovich wore #43 in the prospect camp.

Pettersson - 14

Hughes - 60 (Granlund's going bye-bye IMO)

Juolevi - 4  

I can see why they would call Hughes "6", like he's "got their six", being a D and all.

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Ho-Sang said he wears it because he likes Lemieux. I don't see a problem there. They should just retire his jersey around the league if it's going to be a problem. 

A young player has to be smart enough to understand that if they are wearing the number of one of the best players ever, they are going to look like a fool if they cannot perform. Wearing it "cuz he likes it" is a childish notion in a cut throat world. Just my opinion though.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2